What Would Excite You, Cosmetically?

cno64

Today, when I was looking at the upcoming MAC Marcel Wanders collection, I found myself looking at the lipsticks and glosses, and thinking, "Oh, those look pretty, but I've already got all of those colors!"
Then I started trying to think what color/finish would seem exciting and novel to me, and I couldn't really think of anything.
At the beginning, I'd practically foam at the mouth in anticipation of the release of a new fuchsia/bright pink lipstick or gloss, but now I have sooo many of those.
Then it was purple-ish lip products, and those are still pretty intriguing, but now I have at least half a dozen of those, too.
I wouldn't mind a chance to snap up a reddish magenta lipstick ( a more pigmented Utter Fun), and a really gorgeous purple blush. However, I have lipsticks that can do magenta "duty," and I even have a couple of purple blushes.
Right now, I guess about the only thing that would light my fire would be a second chance at some favorites, like Queen's Sin lipstick, Coco pigment, Moxie lipstick, Powerhouse lipstick, Port Red lipstick, Dovefeather eyeshadow,Velour eyeshadow, Boys Go Crazy Dazzleglass.
What would it take to make everyone else sit up and take notice?

Vixxan

For a while nothing excited me but lately I have found a lot of new products that really excite me. My new lip glosses from Hourglass (Siren), The Dare to Wear lip glosses, MUFE aqua cream colors and Moulin Rouge lip stick. What would really excite me is a bronzer that works for my skin tone. Getting my hands on Coco Beach at a reasonable price would be awesome.

slick

I hear ya. I am having a hard time getting excited about any new products lately. Must be in a rut or something!

But MAC-wise, I could really go for some NEW Fluidline and Paint Pot shades.

Also I think a collection of Duo-chrome eyeshadow shades would get me going for sure, lol.

Strawberrymold

I agree with you cno64, when you been there and have that it becomes really hard to get excited about the new collections. Why would I pay $18 for a lipgloss when I already have 6 that look just like it?

I do love MAC but they need to stop reissuing the same colors with different names. SERIOUSLY!

I think it would be fun if they did a collection that was completely new... new products, new colors, new finishes... now that would get me drooling again!

PinkBasset

This is a hard question because majority what comes out have already been out in some form or another. So a brand new product that is something we've never seen before could be highly exciting. Or sometimes to have collections concentrating to a very specific colours and formulas. Like a pigment collection or starflash shadows in different hues of black for example - that kind of concept would get me excited. Of course I get excited whenever season changes and there will be new makeup trends, but in the end it isn't that much different after all to people that already "have it all".

xKiKix

i think right now i am laying on the dl with makeup.

• but i would LOVE a product that moisturizes my skin properly without any remaining flakes here and there.
  • something that would permanently remove blackheads.
  • i don't get acne very often (if at all) but i would love something that would immediately remove it on the spot without waiting a few days.
so i guess overrall i am more interested in skincare than anything else right now. lol.

naturallyfab

I am always on the hunt for the perfect brown eye shadow, so whenever I pick up another I get really excited
greengrin.gif
I also got so excited when the gaga lipstick and lip gloss came out, because that was a color I had been waiting for!!!

LeopardLove

I would love All That Glitters shadow in really cute glam packaging. Its my fav everyday shadow but I get sick of the same old black compact sometimes lol. I always love new glitter liners too.

martiangurll

an 18 hour foundation that does not slip off of my T-zone, or better yet, a primer which enables any and all foundations to stay on my face (and oily tzone of doom) for 18 hours. That would more than excite me. I'd get down on my knees and show real gratitude to the inventor if you know what I mean...

Hilde

More unique shades in eye shadows and lipsticks, such as vex(green with pink sparkle) and seedy pearl(pink with lavender sparkle) are for eye shadows and lollipop(peach with green sparkle) loving is for lipsticks.( sadly i missed out on that one)
More unique shades in everyday products basically. Amping up everyday colors not with drama but with uniqueness.

And the perfect foundation.

Caderas

I'm going big and saying I would be too excited if all companies went cruelty-free!

And, if there was a line that did eyeshadows/pigments that came in a lot of colors with the choice of different textures for each color.

Mabelle

Im going to second that creulty free. Meaning no testing ANYTHING(including ingridients) on animals, no by products derived by cruel means and no natural hair brushes!!!

More really unique duo chrome shadows or pigments. a Blue that would shine acid green, Purple that would go emerald, Pinks that would go sunshine yellow, Orange that goes crimson etc

I would love for mac to come out with a reflects BLACK glitter, a straight up blood red one, and an emerald one.

it would excite me if So Scarlet was released again

imthebeesknees

I was in a bit of a rut a while ago, but now it's all gone, haha.

At the moment I am in love with blushes, i just love em. Highlighters are quite exciting for me, always love finding a good one. Also, plum e/s have been getting my attention lately.

And I've been really into lippies lately, about a year ago I only owned one MAC lippie and a couple non-mac. I was too 'scared' to wear lipstick, but now I am obsessed, I have almost 20 lippies and am sooooo happy with them, I can't wait to get more. Ohhh which reminds me, I am very excited to try out different red lippies, so far my fave is russian red!!

StarrySim

New textures and types of products intrigue me - like the new Magically Cool Liquid Powders. So much fun and a great product, too! The MUFE aqua creams and HD blush (though I don't own any of either one). Similarly, I'm looking forward to the peacocky eyeshadows, different texture and so many shades! More Fluidlines and Paint Pots would always be welcome, too. And pretty packaging
smiles.gif
I adore my Baroque Boudoir compact and lipgloss, such amazing packaging.

Latest posts