what's hot?

scrapbookromance

sorry if this isn't the right place for this post - Mods are welcome to move it as nessecary.

so if you had to name a couple themes for the fall what would they be? obviously things in the new collections reflect what's "hot", but what are going to be some wearable trends?

I'm *crosses fingers* hopefully heading to MAC this weekend to (finally) get Fix+, Old Gold pig, and Black Tied e/s. anything else I should definately pick up?

ledonatella

I was just at a trade meeting and across the board in makeup (not just MAC I mean) I'm seeing alot of red toned shadows and navy in addition to all the chocolate colors out. Lips are deep reds and wines and chocolates as well. And then lighter golden beiges to highlight or as a gloss. Shimmer is still good but not soooo much, more subtle shimmer and mattes are making a comeback in lips and eyes. Like I said, this is what I noticed in all lines looking ahead for fall/holiday.

In MAC I would say Untamed fits this pretty well and as for existing shades maybe Blue Edge, Full Flame, Cranberry, Mulch, Dazzlelight or Ricepaper for eyes and I don't wear deep colors on my lips so I'm not sure about that, but it all looks real pretty! I was so tired of pale pink and turquoise, I'm ready for fall!!!

vivaXglamlove

i was just reading lucky magazine and they had "fall makeup update"

look one.graphic eyes
Key:black liner, Either stylized bat's-wings or a smoky look is right.

Look two. Stained lips
key: A strong, saturated shade-from ruby red to berry to plum-with otherwise subdued makeup is polished and french-gammie chic.

Look three- Vivid Color
key: A zingy touch of jewel-toned shadow or eyeliner gives a clean, natural look instant attitude

and seventeen had "fall trends" and these
red lips
midnight eyes
winged liner
bold brows
dewy skin
smoky eyes

i hope that helped!

baby_love

I read in Cosmopolitan Style and Beauty that Amber Lights is a good shadow to wear. it goes with any skin tone.

it's called "bronze-eyed girls" and below it "this shimmery shadow is all the rage. No wonder, it makes every eye shade sparkle." and the shadow they featured was amber lights.

lara

I'm seeing two big releases pushing trends right now - bronze and champagnes (Tom Ford for EL) and a soft pink girlish look (Westman's new 'Enchantress' line for Lancome).
Beyond that I think it's going to be very 30's inspired, judging by the 2007/2008 shoots I've been working on lately - porcelain skin, subtle but contoured eyes, lots of lashes and kissed-off rosebud mouths. I'm also seeing a real push for modernised 50's glamour as well, as generally make-up trends are moving away from the current look (dark eyes, nude mouth, lots of bronzer) that's starting to look very dated.

This is in the southern hemisphere though, we're running a season ahead of you. We're coming into summer as the north is going out of it, so what's hot here is a good prediction of what's going to be big in the US/UK next season. This winter was all about experimenting with liquid and gel liners with subtle false lashes, plum/wine/berry lipstick in a 50's bow, well manicured eyebrows, waved hair, deep bronze eyes, manicured nails in really dark chocolate/blackened plum, etc etc. It wasn't full-on vamp, but close.

scrapbookromance

thanks so much for all the input! definately helped me narrow down my mac wish-list, which is good news for my wallet
clap.gif

Wattage

LOL... I saw in my ELLE that plum lipstick (like purple) is supposed to be "hot"!!

Oh is the 80s ever back or what!!!!!!
greengrin.gif

ilovexnerdsx

oh man...i wish i could pull of dark lips, but i can't
ssad.gif
i've mentioned before that making my lips dark is like putting a black hole on my face and the rest of my face just gets sucked into my lips....that's probably the best way to describe it, i look horrible with dark lips
hmm.gif

but i've seen tons of navy's and tons of golds.... a bit of purple too..

i honestly prefer to stick to my pale lips and light blues and turquoises.

but ps you will love black tied
greengrin.gif
it took me forever to go pick it up but i love it
cheerleader.gif

maxcat

Two really basic things - we've overdosed on lipgloss and glitter... so it's swinging the other way with a more "finished" look (still some dewy skin but certainly the supershiny thing is on its way out) and back to lipstick.

princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
oh man...i wish i could pull of dark lips, but i can't
ssad.gif
i've mentioned before that making my lips dark is like putting a black hole on my face and the rest of my face just gets sucked into my lips....that's probably the best way to describe it, i look horrible with dark lips
hmm.gif

LOL!!! I'm not laughing at you don't get me wrong, but I have the exact same problem as you! I can't carry off dark coloured lips too.
lmao.gif

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Two really basic things - we've overdosed on lipgloss and glitter... so it's swinging the other way with a more "finished" look (still some dewy skin but certainly the supershiny thing is on its way out) and back to lipstick.

this is good news for me. I just couldn't get myself into the whole super glossy lips or super glittery anything. stuble but strong. ah.

gotta hunt for some good navy mascara since covergirl lash exact doesn't come in navy
th_dunno.gif
durr they should though damnit
poke.gif
they have brown and brown black and soft black and black and very black but nooo navy. and I bet they will as soon as I settle for a different navy mascara.

pugmommy7

Thanks for the detailed descriptions. I hate it when you hear "berry and wine will be big" ...when haven't they in the fall???
lmao.gif

fashion wise, I am seeing lots and lots of mod mod mod. fused with 80's chic. NOT 80's cheap
winks.gif

ilovexnerdsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
LOL!!! I'm not laughing at you don't get me wrong, but I have the exact same problem as you! I can't carry off dark coloured lips too.
lmao.gif

i was beginning to think i was the only one! even if my friends look better with pale lips, everyone can at least pull off dark lips...except me and you
cutey.gif
we should start a group! lol
smiles.gif

Latest posts