What's you take on NYX Cosmetics?

saj20052006

I love MAC and L'Oreal HIP because the colors bold and don't disappear on darker skin tones. I have an opportunity to get some NYX stuff. How does this compare to MAC and L'Oreal HIP?

What about the loose powders as well as the singles.

chocolategoddes

The colors for the most part are VERY pigmented and look great on darker tones. I noticed the trios have less color payoff and are harder to apply than the single eyeshadows. Their creamblushes are good from what I've heard.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I have a bunch of the singles and there are a few duds (the ones with glitter aren't that great) but the rest are super-pigmented and last all day on my lids. They're easy to blend and go on creamy smooth (like butter! lol)

Macnarsandlove

great colors and high piment. i would get those if i didnt have so much mac already. the brights they have are awesome.

aziajs

I've only tried the glitter cream palettes. They were gorgeous in the palettes but hit and miss on the skin.

braidey

very nice makeup line and very pigmented especially, the blushes and the eyeshdows. Very good price.

Isabel101

NYX is great. Love their single eyeshadows, especially in peach and prune. They are very rich in color. The eye and lip pencils are good too.

dirtyMartini

I like their pigments a lot. They have a metallic effect, and are very pigmented. I also own two trios, which at first seemed like a good idea, but I don't find myself reaching out for them at all since I've bought them. Their color payoff is fine, but I find that the colors themselves are somewhat.. not just right! As for the singles, I only bought one (the pale lilac one). It turned out really chalky with very little color payoff, very disappointing.

For that price, I'd prefer getting some mineral eye shadows.

prettysecrets

I love NYX. I have some eyeshadows, concealer and a brush from them. love them all.

I like MAC to but I refuses to buy into the hype.

MzKoKoNY

i love NYX...the singles..I use the Jumbo Eyeshadow sticks as a base or worn alone...their Lipgloss is my favorite...great consistency and great color payoff...i also like their doll mascara...and the price is so affordable...i find them in my local Beauty Supply for less then what they sell on the NYX website or some online vendors

DominicanBarbie

I will second the doll mascara.I have it and it works very well.As for everything else I'm a skeptic on drugstore lines because nothing ever shows up on my eyelids or if it does show up it's gone in like 30 mins.Hearing all the raves about this line makes me want to try some shadows. I hate spending urban decay and Mac eyeshadow $$$$.

saj20052006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicanBarbie
I will second the doll mascara.I have it and it works very well.As for everything else I'm a skeptic on drugstore lines because nothing ever shows up on my eyelids or if it does show up it's gone in like 30 mins.Hearing all the raves about this line makes me want to try some shadows. I hate spending urban decay and Mac eyeshadow $$$$.

Yes, that's why I am looking for alternatives.

milamonster

theyre inconsisent. I have the one with yellow orange and green. the yellow does NOT show up and he orange is so so. The green works great. But hen I have the pallete trio with gold, rusty red and a purplesilver color and thats SOOOO pigmented. so im undecided about them

mrsgray

I personally love NYX eyeshadows, eye pencils and the jumbo lip pencil. The eyeshadows as someone said are very pigmented and last a long time on my lids. My all time favorite is the jumbo lip pencil in Iced Coffee. It's a very nude color and blends in very well. My mom and I are 2 different shades of brown and it worked on her as well.

I say for the very affordable price of NYX go for it!

lin143kayp

Yes the colors are very well pigmented and in my opinion they are just as good as mac if not better!!
smiles.gif

Starry

I love the NYX single shadows. My favorite brow highlight is there Champagne. It's perfect.

I have their Jumbo shadow pencils they crease on their own but are great with a base.

I have one of the blushes and it is fairly nice, creamier than Mac's actually. The ingredients are a little iffy though.

I like the lipgloss the texture reminds me of Nars. My fav color is Smokey Look.

As someone mentioned above the trios are not as good as the single eyeshadows.

lafemmenoir

In my experience, I really am impressed with NYX on darker skintones. I have tested them then bought so I never had a miss thus far. They go on smoother than MAC; however, just like all lines some colours you may have to work with. Any matte colour is a pain for me as it can have little payoff and/or need a very good base (ben nye) to get the effect I want. For the price, I give them a thumbs up as they aren't a high end brand. Try Rust, Copper, Walnut first, those were the ones that I tested first to determine the payoff. Good luck sis!

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKoKoNY
i love NYX...the singles..I use the Jumbo Eyeshadow sticks as a base or worn alone...their Lipgloss is my favorite...great consistency and great color payoff...i also like their doll mascara...and the price is so affordable...i find them in my local Beauty Supply for less then what they sell on the NYX website or some online vendors

Which beauty supply in NY store sells NYX?
flower.gif

A bunch of you that have posted like to use the lipglosses, but which ones does everyone use?- there are about 4 different types of pigmented glosses available.

Latest posts