When did you lose your MAC-virginity?

EOTD-Fanny

I´m new here, so I´m not sure where to post this.
But I´m gonna ask this anyway.

When did you lose your MAC-virginity?

I was 16 y/o (2004) and I didn´t have so much money.
So it was a very big deal to me.
I knew about the brand, and I was excited to try it.
I bought my first eyeshadow (Juiced) when I was in Berlin.
I still got it and it´s one of my favorites!

What about you?

LMD84

i bought teal pigment back in 2005 as well as little vi lipglass which were my first mac products. two awesome products too!

Rania88

It was Feburary of this year. I was looking for foundation for my color. Where i live there aren't a lot of stores that sell foundations for women of color so i decided to hit mac. and the first thing i brought was sff in nc 50. i fell in love. then after that i brought a concealer. then after than brushes. now im a mac fanatic.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Around 2004. I purchased Tease Me l/s at a counter. That same year I ordered other things off their website.

baghdad81

In December of 2009...I was planning on doing a makeup trial for my wedding and didn't want to risk getting it done in Dubai the day of...So I planned to do a trial here and have them write exactly what they used. With plenty of MAC stores in Dubai I knew it wouldn't go wrong, so I scheduled my trial in Canada and had them write everything down..I ended up with Angel lipstick, the 150 brush and the 217. After that, my love affair began in April 2010 and have been an addict ever since...

sss215

In early 1997, after reading in VIBE magazine that MAC was the maker of the lipstick and lipglosses worn by Mary J Blige, I instantly went on the internet to research where MAC was sold in my area. I found it one place, Nordstrom at the King of Prussia mall. I was so excited to see the range of colors MAC offered for black women. I hauled Chintz (i think, or something like it) lipstick and a Studio Fix powder.

Diva4eva122

about 6 or 7 months ago, I was at a mall with my friends. my anneversary for makeup love is now 1 year old when I bought 4 sally girl eyeshadows but thats not the question here lol. anyway I was at the mall and I went into a sephora and swatched some stuff, wasnt gonna buy anything cause I had just spent a lot of money on some clothing. I had about 10 dollars in ones and 2 dollars in change I looked atthe mac store, I thought pan shadows are 11.50 I can get my first mac shadow. went in and swatched away lol. my friends and I decided I would get Mythology ( If I had known I would have gotten Satin tupe). The rest was history I tell u. I was 15 then.

Thia Winter

Two years ago next month.....I was in Vegas for training for work and we were staying at Caesar's Palace. Found the MAC Pro shop and VOILA, that was all she wrote!

I didn't realize it until a little later but my Macy's has a MAC counter where I get most of my stuff. Next month I'm training out of town again, and I will be going to the MAC PRO store there as well.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Septmeber 2009, I think. I was buying a lot of new makeup in drugstores, but wasn't satisfied with anything. Especially concealers, I couldn't find one that matched my skin. So I looked online, I just randomly came across MAC and saw that they offer a wide shade range, so I just ordered the Select Cover Up Concealer in NW15, without knowing anything about the brand or googling for swatches, etc. I loved the concealer, and ordered some more basics, like clear lipglass, Splashproof Lash mascara, and was very satisfied with the quality. The first collection I bought from was Warm&Cozy, I got the dark nail polish, Dim the Lights, I believe is the name. That's how it all started, and now
mac_addict.gif

Edelmc

It was 1998. Mac had just opening in Dublin. I was studying for exams and to treat myself for all the studying I bought a concealer. It was in a round pan with screw top lid....I thought it was a good investment as I was a spotty teenager!

Fluffyloo

In 2008 I purchased Modesty l/s and was hooked! Shortly thereafter a super sweet swapper on MUA sent me a brand new All that Glitters eyeshadow for a RAOK...i've been obsessed since then!

geeko

Long time back about 2005 or 2006? First purchases were aquadisiac e/s and gorgeous gold eyeshadows and I have them with me till today and I'm still wearing them occasionally!

PixieDancer

2000. I was working with a girl who's skin looked like a porcelain doll! She turned me on to MAC Studio Fix Powder foundation and Snob lipstick. After that I grabbed things here and there. And over time realized how superior my few MAC products were to my other makeup. Now, I am a complete convert to high-end makeup brands (although not all my products are MAC). MAC is the one company I follow products and launches religiously now. It's not just makeup to me anymore. Now, it's also a passion for hoarding all things MAC!!

martiangurll

Back in the day on e-bay when they allowed pigments sold by the jar. I have since been hooked but really it was the Hello Kitty collection that got me obsessed with reading reviews and paying attention to the LE stuff and new collections as they came out.

I was always going by the MAC store in the mall but felt I wasn't hip enough to walk up and start playing with the products. Plus, the loud music intimidated me. Now I go in and some of the SA look at me funny when I know about products on the way before they do.

xJustgirlie

Hm, I guess in the beginning of 2010. I bought a bunch haha. It was the only store in my country around that time, and it was a two-and-a-half hour drive for me. I never had the time to go and buy some of the products on my humongous wishlist.

Paint&Ink Chick

It was in 2005, I always wore Fashion Fair powder & had read about MAC. Me & my were on our way back from Stl , I needed to buy more. I got my Ff powder then went to the Mac counter. I like the way it looked on my skin, so I had her return the other brand lol. I purchased a lipglass,left got to my car then went back & got another one.

xJustgirlie

Hm, I guess in the beginning of 2010. I bought a bunch haha. It was the only store in my country around that time, and it was a two-and-a-half hour drive for me. I never had the time to go and buy some of the products on my humongous wishlist.

Wow, I looked at the first post once I started with my MAC obsession - it's November 2008 actually.

Latest posts