When Dogs Attack: 1 Year Old Killed

nunu

aww that is soo sad
ssad.gif
my heart is with the boys parents..

Dizzy

Those children should have NEVER been left around the dog (both the baby & the 7-year-old). They can't maintain leadership over the dog, they shouldn't be left with access to the dog.

It's a damn shame that the baby died and the dog had to be destroyed due to irresponsible dog owners.
ssad.gif

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Those children should have NEVER been left around the dog (both the baby & the 7-year-old). They can't maintain leadership over the dog, they shouldn't be left with access to the dog.

It's a damn shame that the baby died and the dog had to be destroyed due to irresponsible dog owners.
ssad.gif

I agree. A huge thing with dogs is estabolishing pack order and with the timeline of this, there's no way that big of a dog should have been trusted alone with a baby that small so soon. Basically they had a 6 month old baby and adopted a 2 year old dog and 6 months later, had a tragedy. Preventable tragedies are the ones that bother me the most.

*Stargazer*

Quote:

ssad.gif

Agreed on all counts.

jenii

That is horrifying. And it's why I watch my daughter like a HAWK when we visit someone who has a dog. I don't care HOW "gentle" or "harmless" they think their dog is, I'm not trusting the f*cker around my kid.
nonono.gif

Hell, I used to have a dog. And he didn't seem to have a problem with the baby. But, I noticed that as she started walking, he started acting up a bit more. So, I gave him away.

I'd much rather miss a dog that I gave away, than mourn a child that my dog killed.

kimmy

Quote:

ssad.gif

i couldn't agree more.

i think it's messed up that they destroyed the dog though, honestly.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemaan
Family Dog Kills One Year Old Boy

This is devatating, It for reasons like this that i could never conceive of having dogs around me or my family and things like this just aggravate my dog phobia.

Not all dogs are bad, though. I'd say for every situation like this, there are hundreds of loyal family dogs who wouldn't harm anyone but an attacker.

The part where they allowed a 7 year old with the baby without adult supervision is just mindblowing. That's way too young, dog or no dog.

Latest posts