where are the past LE products hiding? out them!!!

mspixieears

Can't remember who said that it was possible that Myer Brisbane still had New Vegas MSF? Is this true? I'm tentatively hunting one down for a fellow Specktra member in the States and if this is true, would love to help her out by getting one of these!

Anybody else want to 'out' long-forgotten stocks of LE delights? Bring on the scavenger hunt!

lucylu

i posted this in the colour story release dates:
other stock they have: metal rock MSF, they did have some pigments in the drawers on counter. goldenaire, possibly lovely lily (also pink opal and deep purple), they have quite a few of the pearlizers, and also the glitz glosses and also have some le eye shadows lying around (i know they had rebel rock shadows, mineralism, belle azure)
i think they also have enriched bronze bronzing powder

they might have some new vegas but i can't remember
the sydney myer phone number is (02) 9238 9111

smiles.gif

mspixieears

Thanks Lucy! Anyone else? I was pretty sure Lara had some good tips! Come on, share!

Smart Poppy website has Test Pattern lip liners, and the Twirltone lipglass stains from the Beau collection, which wasn't available here, I don't think.

lara

Try Brisbane or Perth Myer - they're established so they hold older collections, but the make-up market is a bit quieter. Every time I go home I drop into the Brisbane counter and score a bunch of goodies. There are about five new MAC counters in Sydney now, so I'm waiting for a few collections to cycle through before I go over there and start picking through their cupboards.

David Jones MAC in Castlereigh St is a good place to pick products that aren't in Myer or Pro stores. They are starting to get a few of the Asia-only exclusives (quads, etc). http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42554

lara

The only MSFs for retail sale in Australia now are a couple of New Vegas, lots of Metal Rock and a couple of Naked You.

I rang around every store in the country last week, looking for Petticoat for my mother, so that's current information.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Lara, you're a veritable treasure trove of information! Thank you very much for all of that! But there goes my hopes of finding Stereo Rose (I can dream...)!

lara

I swear, I mostly know all of this because I've been chasing stuff for work/for mum, not because I'm a hopless tragic. I swear.
lol.gif

Catherine^

Yeah Brisbane seems to have a bit of stuff from old collections or old LE stuff. Kat and I noticed that they had some LE eyeshadows like Silly Goose and Meadow the other day. There were a few more too but I can't remember what they were / what collections they came from. New Vegas was there a couple of months ago. They once said that often people cancel laybys months after the collections have sold out and so that's how they end up having old LE stuff
smiles.gif

I had a major score in December at Bondi Myer: a Porcelain Pink MSF! I was SO happy not to have to pay ebay prices!!!

lara

Exodus, I picked up my New Vegas from Pitt St Myer back in November.
smiles.gif

Best MSF yet, IMO.

Ella_

I had a look at all the left over LE stuff at the brisbane counter the other day. Nothing that I really wanted.

But I am in love with blues and greens and what they had wasnt my thing so...

But how I wish I could find Parrot somewhere.
ssad.gif
Its my MAC holy grail.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlambrosia
Wow, everyone says that there's so much LE stuff, but I've asked practically every Melbourne store there is and they ALL tell me that their LE stuff has been sent back to wherever! I mean, I asked for Culturebloom stuff (which, admittedly, isn't that far back) and they didn't sell out or anything, they just "sent it back"!

What's up with that?

It depends on the stock manager and the store. Some religiously stick to the three month rule and send back all unsold LE stock regularly, some hang onto it for up to a year or longer. It also has a lot to do with the size and speed of the store/counter - Brisbane has a biggish counter and a slow client base, so they can hang onto LE stuff longer. Places like Bourke St and Chapel St are smaller and go through more regular product, so they send stuff back regularly to make room and keep their stock moving.
smiles.gif

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by lior
Anyone know which stores have new vegas in stock? I NEED IT!!!

Same here! ...The MSF is in Australia, but I'm in the USA :crap:

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Lara, you're a veritable treasure trove of information! Thank you very much for all of that! But there goes my hopes of finding Stereo Rose (I can dream...)!

Tell me about it-i reeeeeally want Stereo Rose, am kicking myslef not buying it when it came out (i was still scared of cheek colour at that stage lol)

Latest posts