where do you buy mac besides ebay and ccos?

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Well, I use Paypal so I've never had difficult in getting my $ back. (I received a damaged bottle of conditioner one time.) Do what you feel is best.
smiles.gif

I'm a bit of a cheapskate/bargain shopper.
cutey.gif
My makeup bag is a combination of MAC, Philosophy, and Maybelline. MAC is the only brand I love that rarely has a discount code beyond "free shipping". Not to mention the price increases. (When my aunt bought me my first lipglass, I believe it was like $10 or so. Estee Lauder is the devil!
angry.gif
) In order to be fabulous, I have to be a diva on a budget so I buy MAC from the counter as well as online. I've saved tons of $.

My dad has a paypal account, we had to make one because the sellers on ebay that we had bought stuff from only accepted that as a form of payment. Are they really helpful with online purchase issues? We always thought that if we got screwed out of a purchase online we were just SOL and there wasn't much we could do if the sellers didn't want to cooperate.

$10 for a lipglass?! I can't even get a bottle of freakin brush cleaner these days for $10! I haven't been into MAC long enough to reminisce about the good old $12 for an e/s days. Grrr I hate price increases!

I try to balance out my purchases to save money. Like if I bought a MAC e/s I'll just buy a drugstore brand mascara instead of a higher end brand.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
My dad has a paypal account, we had to make one because the sellers on ebay that we had bought stuff from only accepted that as a form of payment. Are they really helpful with online purchase issues? We always thought that if we got screwed out of a purchase online we were just SOL and there wasn't much we could do if the sellers didn't want to cooperate.

$10 for a lipglass?! I can't even get a bottle of freakin brush cleaner these days for $10! I haven't been into MAC long enough to reminisce about the good old $12 for an e/s days. Grrr I hate price increases!

I try to balance out my purchases to save money. Like if I bought a MAC e/s I'll just buy a drugstore brand mascara instead of a higher end brand.

Paypal has "Buyer Protection" and "Dispute Resolution". https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...BPInfo-outside

They've been extremely helpful with me. There was only one time that I needed a complete refund (the conditioner issue). On about 3 other occasions (over the course of 5-6 years), I initiated a dispute via Paypal, but the sellers made the necessary corrections after Paypal contacted them.

I got my first lipglasses at around age 11. (My aunt bought them for me as an Xmas present.) And I believe they were around $10. Those were the only MAC products I had until I tried their foundations about 5 years ago and their blushes/eyeshadows/lipsticks last week.
mac_haul.gif
If I remember correctly, my aunt (a HUGE MAC addict) said the price increases happened after Estee Lauder bought the company.
angry.gif

When Estee Lauder buys a company, prices increase (and continue to increase) and quality decreases. That's what happened with my beloved Aveda.
ssad.gif

Oh, and I LOVE drugstore mascara (Maybelline, L'Oreal, Neutrogena). Their lip stuff is good too!

I've bought MAC off of ebay before, including Barbie items. I think it is just like buying anything off of ebay-you have to be careful about who you buy from and not be dumb about it.

You should be able to buy MAC at a lot of department stores. They have a MAC counter inside a Von Maur here in IA and I've bought MAC at macy's, and nordstrom's before. Also, you should double check to see if there are any free-standing MAC stores nearby.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Paypal has "Buyer Protection" and "Dispute Resolution". https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...BPInfo-outside

They've been extremely helpful with me. There was only one time that I needed a complete refund (the conditioner issue). On about 3 other occasions (over the course of 5-6 years), I initiated a dispute via Paypal, but the sellers made the necessary corrections after Paypal contacted them.

I got my first lipglasses at around age 11. (My aunt bought them for me as an Xmas present.) And I believe they were around $10. Those were the only MAC products I had until I tried their foundations about 5 years ago and their blushes/eyeshadows/lipsticks last week.
mac_haul.gif
If I remember correctly, my aunt (a HUGE MAC addict) said the price increases happened after Estee Lauder bought the company.
angry.gif

When Estee Lauder buys a company, prices increase (and continue to increase) and quality decreases. That's what happened with my beloved Aveda.
ssad.gif

Oh, and I LOVE drugstore mascara (Maybelline, L'Oreal, Neutrogena). Their lip stuff is good too!

Thanks for the info on paypal!

I think I bought my first MAC when I was 15? So yeah prob 3 years ago. Still a MAC fanatic in training
th_worship.gif
lol.

Your so lucky to have a MAC addict aunt! None of the ladies in my family on either side are really into makeup or anything beauty related really. So yeah I kind of feel alone in this when it comes to my family
cry.gif
lol. They dont understand the obsession either haha.

Yeah it does make sense that after acquiring MAC, Lauder would raise prices. They do yearly price increases on all there lines dont they? I kind of wish MAC was never sold to them. I think that MAC may of gotten just as big as it is now even without Lauder's help if the quality was even better back then.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
Really?! I didn't know that. I just thought it was a lot harder to make fakes of things like that. Is there a way of telling if a LE item is authentic or not?

Not harder at all - we have seen a massive influx of well copied Fafi and Heatherette items and Barbie was always a popular counterfeit item.

Usually, but some sellers use stock photos and others use photos that hide the flaws - what you get it not always what you see!

You just need to be sensible if you are looking at ebay. I can honestly tell you that some of my best purcashes were made there, I can also tell you that ebay is flooded with counterfeits. Be smart, know your seller, know your products, read ALL the info and pics and ask for more info if you need it. At the ends of the day you need to choose wisely, or if you have any doubts then just walk away
winks.gif

X4biddenxLustX

^^ Yeah I've always been super hesitant to buy any kind of makeup on ebay. Even LE items now that I've learned they can be fakes too. I think I'll just stick to online orders when I can do them and the MAC counter for purchases, better safe than sorry!