Which department store to work for??

aleksis210

Hey girls! I was just wondering...I've been thinking about applying at one of these department stores....(Neiman marcus,Saks,Nordstrom,Macy's) but I don't really know which one I'd rather work for because I've only worked for dillard's (they were great, but don't have the counter i want to work for...NARS) If anyone has any input Good/Bad about maybe lousy pay/customers/hours/discount... anything..about any of the department stores or even just working for nars in general, let me know...Thank you!

xStarryEyedX

I'm going by what I've been told by other m/a's that I know.. I've heard that Macy's sucks to work for...Neiman is supposed to be one of the best paying counters... I know a lot of people who try to get into Nordstrom to work there..not sure about Saks..Oh, and Lord& Taylor pays well but I know a counter manager there (and a former one) and they said it's beyond boring and really hard to make goals.

xStarryEyedX

Welcome =)... I wish other people would have replied because I'm just going by what I've been told by people...But I mean I do trust their opinions..And I'm gonna be working for Macy's soon so if you still need an opinion down the road PM me.

MAC*GIRL08

I will chime in too - I work at a MAC counter at Macy's and I have to say it isn't too bad (remember you are a MAC employee NOT a Macy's employee although you still get your Macy's 20% discount on their merchandise) I've heard at Nordies - you tech work for them and are paid by them not MAC. So I have to say my experience at Macy's has been very good.

Hope other people can give you some more advice.

yes.gif