Which job should I take? Torn between two. Please help.

shadowprincess

So, i applied to The Body Shop and the Clinique counter at The Bay.

The Body Shop
- part time
- $8 per hour
- commission (no idea how many percent)
- 30% discount off products

The Bay
- full time (30 hours confirmed)
- $10.50 per hour
- 3% commission
- full benefits after probation months (wont know what until monday)
- discount (not sure yet)

Both the managers are super nice and is/will be a pleasure to work with...

I just started my first shift at the body shop yesterday.... and I got a call from the bay today.... What do I do? Should I go to the bay? I feel bad about quitting at the body shop... but apparently i can't work at both places at once... How do I tell the body shop that i want out without leaving any bad feelings? What do I say in my resignation letter? Advice please. If you ahveany questions, please feel free to ask
smiles.gif

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowprincess
So, i applied to The Body Shop and the Clinique counter at The Bay.

The Body Shop - How many hours are you working here?
- part time
- $8 per hour - What's the oppty for an increase? How many months before your evaluation?
- commission (no idea how many percent) - Need to know this.
- 30% discount off products

The Bay
- full time (30 hours confirmed)
- $10.50 per hour
- 3% commission
- full benefits after probation months (wont know what until monday)
- discount (not sure yet)

Both the managers are super nice and is/will be a pleasure to work with...

I just started my first shift at the body shop yesterday.... and I got a call from the bay today.... What do I do? Should I go to the bay? I feel bad about quitting at the body shop... but apparently i can't work at both places at once... How do I tell the body shop that i want out without leaving any bad feelings? What do I say in my resignation letter? Advice please. If you ahveany questions, please feel free to ask
smiles.gif

Seems like The Bay is a better opportunity. Which one is closer to home? What, if you are interested, are the advancement possibilities for both jobs? If you decide to leave The Body Shop, let them no you have a better opportunity, advancement, pay, hours, location. HTH

Beauty Mark

Benefits sells me on the latter job, unless you're getting them somewhere else.

You just give The Body Shop a short, polite reason why you're accepting the other job. Stuff like pay, hours, and benefits. They'll understand

shadowprincess

Wow... quick replies
greengrin.gif
thanks girls!!!!

Yea, i'm sorta leaning towards the bay job too.. simply for the benefits and the hours. I just feel a little bad about leaving the current job so soon. But i guess now is better than later eh?

I should tell them as soon as i can i guess. Get it over and done with.

I'd still like more thoughts and suggestions so please keep them coming
smiles.gif
I just want to be sure that i wont regret my decision.

as_cute_as_pie

id go for the bay
just sounds better
3% is alot i only get 2%

heh i recently applied for another job and accepted it but then my current job asked me to stay for more hours which i wanted so i rang the 'new job' after id signed my contract and been to the store and looked around and told them a massive lie that i had the chance to go away on holiday for a while
lol wht on earth i couldn't tell the truth thought cos they'd waited for ages for me to make my descion. however the 'new job' is right next door to my current job hah and we will see each other

so unfortuantley i have no advice on what to say
smiles.gif

for the resignation letter i just copied mine off the net

MisStarrlight

Yeah, I'd go with The Bay as well. It just seems like a better opportunity all around. Just tell The Body Shop the truth, that a better opportunity came along. The manager will probably be pissed, but hopefully they all won't be petty about it.
And if they are-screw 'em. You have a better job anyways. Hehehe

Moppit

I would go with the Bay too. Pay is better, more chance for advancement, full-time. The decision is ultimately yours so good luck with making your decision.

Latest posts