White Powder Stuff

Eemaan

Ive noticed in many of the tutorials theres a white MAC loose powder used on the face to stop eyeshadow residue/glitter falling on to the face

a) What is it called?
b) How do you apply it?
c) How do you remove it once your face is done?

Thank you
thmbup.gif

MissChievous uses some in her tutorial here
cutey.gif

Shimmer

She's just using a regular loose powder. Most of the people who do that just use a drugstore brand translucent powder, and once they're finished with their eyemakeup, brush it off.

ledonatella

Agreed, you can do it with any loose face powder. Just pat some under the eyes before applying shadow and then dust it all off when you are done. I believe in some of the pics it's MAC's Invisible Set Powder, which is a pro product. But like I said any loose will work, Invisible is nice though if you don't want any extra color. A great way to remove it when you're done is to buff it with a big powder brush and then I like to use a fan brush afterward too, just so it doesn't get cakey (I like MAC's 184 brush).

user79

You can use any loose powder, I used a cheap Cover Girl one. A translucent powder is actually the best as it doesn't have any color. I've even read that some makeup artists use baby powder, not sure if that would leave a whitish stain though....

You don't necessarily have to use MAC for this, personally I find that a waste of money since you just brush it away. I used a large face powder buff brush to sweep it away at the end (drugstore brush.)

glittergoddess27

Coty Airspun Powder in Translucent for me,.. Its Cheap (Like $6 fo a huge tub of it) from a drugstore and really leaves a nice soft matte finish when its dusted away with my large powder brush or my POSH kabuki. MAC's Invisible set powder is also great, but when I do it this way I almost feel like I am "wasting" it,... so I go for the cheapie.

Latest posts