WOC and False Eyelashes

gitts

Hi Guys,

I would love to know your false eye lashes experience. I have bought a couple but I find the lashes do not blend seamlessly with my lashes. My lashes are very curly and the falsies are very straight. You can see the difference clearly. Well at least I can. What should I do? I really would like to master this look.

Looking forward to your input.

MiCHiE

Mine are curly, too. But, I'll usually comb them down with a spoolie, line my eyes, apply the lashes then use mascara to blend them together.

Nox

I just curl the false lashes to fit my own if I want an extra good blending. I don't like having to wear mascara when I already have something on my lashes.

gitts

I was thinking I would do the same. Curl the falsies which means I have a bit of a wait before I can really play. I live Barbados and I refuse to buy anything here. Stuff is too expensive, so I will have to wait until I travel which is not until January. Blah! Thanks guys

reesesilverstar

I never got why WOC curl their lashes... Mine are naturally curly so curling then apply falsies was so annoying... So now I line, apply falsies, line again and then mascara. I keep combing them up and they blend and dry facing up so my eyes look wider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
I was thinking I would do the same. Curl the falsies which means I have a bit of a wait before I can really play. I live Barbados and I refuse to buy anything here. Stuff is too expensive, so I will have to wait until I travel which is not until January. Blah! Thanks guys

Girl... tell me bout it... I went to the MAC store at home (Trinidad) and bawl when I see the prices... Ridiculous!

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
I never got why WOC curl their lashes... Mine are naturally curly so curling then apply falsies was so annoying... So now I line, apply falsies, line again and then mascara. I keep combing them up and they blend and dry facing up so my eyes look wider...

Girl... tell me bout it... I went to the MAC store at home (Trinidad) and bawl when I see the prices... Ridiculous!

You're lucky. Mine are stick straight and I have to curl them everyday. Just mascara doesn't cut it. (even w/falsies)

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts

Yay!! Another bajan
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar

All I need is a little mascara and my lashes are good (they are long but thin), I tried false lashes and could not get them to blend well at all and I tired every trick I could

KatRosier

I curl the falsies and put loads of mascara on my natural lashes then brush through with a spoolie. When I don't have mascara on my own lashes, I can't get the falsies anywhere near the lashline.The natural curve of my lashes pushes them out the way
ssad.gif
, whereas when my lashes are tacky with mascara they "grip" the falsies and I have an easier time getting them to stick in the right place.
I don't like getting mascara on my falsies though, because they're harder to clean and they're too expensive to wear only once or twice. Mac lashes are 11€($15) and drugstore ones start at 5€($7) and that's the crappy ones lol

__nini

I suggest you curl your falsies before you put them on, which might make the app process a little harder since your lashes would be curled too but *shrugs*

Ardell's "Demi Pixies", "Babies" and #110 are curled already and only cost $3.47 at Sally's
smiles.gif
I also think they're sturdier than my MAC #20, #33 & #36 that I use rather frequently - these tend to bend all out of shape or not dry straight after I wipe the mascara off them after use. So yeah, try those.

MiCHiE

I agree with the above. I LOVE Ardell's lashes. I put mascara on them, take them off at night and spray them with alcohol to remove the glue and place them back in the packaging for another use. They hold up much better than MAC lashes, IMO, and you can't go wrong for the price.

studiosila

I use Andrea Mod and Ardell lashes (Sorry MAC) instead of mascara
smiles.gif
Dont feel i need to use a curler as a matter of fact if i curl my own lashes its nearly impossible to reach the lash line with the falsies without getting the glue on my lash tips!

ilovegreen

I use lash curlers but go down my lash bit by bit pressing gently to straighten them as they practically curl back on themselves. I'm so envious of girls/guys with straight lashes

Indian Barbie

I love wearing falsies now and then. I cut them in the inner corner part so it doesn't irritate my eyes. I kinda wrap it adound the end of a makeup brush to make it much more curvier. Then apply the glue on it, but wait for a minute so the glue is really thick and sticky (if you put them on straight away the glue may be a bit runny. I gently place them in position and voila!

All it takes is practice, so buy some inexpensive ones to start with and then when you get the hang of it, buy better quality ones. I'm waiting for 4 pairs of red cherry to come through the post yay!

lafemmenoir

Hiya,
I have dead curly eyelashes as well. I use a mascara wand like they have at Sephora, but they are sold at Sally's as well, and comb my own lashes down a bit so I can get the falsies to my eyelash base, then I use the same wand to blend my lashes with the falsies. Give it a go, what you got to lose?
smiles.gif

BadBadGirl

LOL I thought I was the only one with this problem. I see everyone one else with long 'fan' lashes and wish mine was like that. I have friends who wear falsies regularly and even they complain about my curls when I ask them to put the lashes on for me!

So I just get used to putting them on myself. Usually I put Loreal Telescopic mascara on first since it makes my lashes straighter than usual- then I put on the falsies.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
I use lash curlers but go down my lash bit by bit pressing gently to straighten them as they practically curl back on themselves. I'm so envious of girls/guys with straight lashes

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Mine are stick straight and point straight out and away from my eyes.

carandru

Can you guys recommend some false lashes for the lower lash line? I'm looking for something that will look natural and all of the "natural" ones I've found have been a little too long (IMO). I've only tried it a couple of times, but I always end up trimming them by hand to the length/design that I want. While I get a customized look, I KNOW there has to be a better way to do this, lol.

So yea, any brands and model #'s/names would be quite helpful!

Latest posts