You did what ......with WHAT?!?!?

MisStarrlight

I get people using black eyeliner as eyebrows & lipliners ALL THE TIME...kinda makes me want to puke.

I also had this one lady, who after lining her lips with Smolder, would apply Morange to her bottom lip only-cause she thought it would help make her lips look smaller.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
I also had this one lady, who after lining her lips with Smolder, would apply Morange to her bottom lip only-cause she thought it would help make her lips look smaller.

hmm.gif

pixichik77

I have been known to refuse to sell things to people.I risk getting yelled at for being rude, but usually if I explain that I can't in good concious allow you, the customer, to WASTE your money on a product that makes you look awful, doesn't that show how bad you are making yourself look?

amoona

So far the worse thing I've seen is people insisting on getting foundation darker then their actual skintone! So now I've learned to take their actual foundation color and apply it and then take a darker one and apply it on the other side. I explain that color A is their actual skintone and color B is darker. In the end it's up to them.

It does kill me though haha.

MAC_Pixie04

My aunt's friend wanted me to do her makeup because they were going out. I had nothing else to do so I did it just for fun. She's pretty dark skinned, quite a few shades darker than me, and I was mixing up a nice nude lipstick/liner combo for her and she goes "What are you doing? Girl I have LIPS, thats not gonna do anything." She pulled out BLOOZ EYE KOHL and CYBER LIPSTICK and applied it to her mouth, sealed it with a dab of my clear gloss (which got BLUE residue in it, I couldn't use it anymore) and primped her hair like everything was okay.

TERRIBLE.

I also had a client who mixed her Bare Escentuals foundation with a heavy liquid foundation....way to defeat the purpose. BTW, Mineral Makeup is really ugly mixed into other shit lol

Jacq-i

Anyone have people wanting foundation WAY too light for their complection? Any time you go downtown in San Antonio, you will see this look. There are many hispanic women of all ages that love: Light Ivory foundation, Sharpie marker eyebrows, ponytails so tight it's a facelift, dark purple lip liner, and dry lips (flakey, no gloss, no lipstick, just liner).
ohboy.gif

The poor MA's at my MAC store always seem to have at least one of these women there wanting a makeover, but being picky about everything.
hmm.gif

ms.marymac

Holy crap these stories are cracking me up!

Today I had a lady that had three weeks worth of lip products on her lips and wondered why everything looked like her old gloss.
lol.gif

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
I get people using black eyeliner as eyebrows & lipliners ALL THE TIME...kinda makes me want to puke.

My auntie does that (use black eyeliner as eyebrow pencil and lip liner)! She looks horrid! haha

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dani*
I knew a girl who used hair mascara on her eyelashes. I was like "I really don't think you should be doing that!" but she didn't listen. It did say on the tube not to get it near your eyes, but as far as I know she didn't go blind or anything. Hope not anyway!

fool.gif
Why not just use REAL Mascara...like the kind they make for the EYE????!!!!!
hmm.gif
Wow. People surely are strange.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:

Mmmmm...I'll bet THAT looked sexy
winks.gif

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
Anyone have people wanting foundation WAY too light for their complection? Any time you go downtown in San Antonio, you will see this look. There are many hispanic women of all ages that love: Light Ivory foundation, Sharpie marker eyebrows, ponytails so tight it's a facelift, dark purple lip liner, and dry lips (flakey, no gloss, no lipstick, just liner).
ohboy.gif

The poor MA's at my MAC store always seem to have at least one of these women there wanting a makeover, but being picky about everything.
hmm.gif

Yup! I had a lady returning an NC37 Studiofix wanting an NC25!!! In all honesty the NC37 was a little bit too dark for her and NC35 was perfect. I matched her up with it but she wanted to see what the color looked like in the compact rather than on her skin. She looked at it in the compact and said "No, lighter, lighter!" She barely spoke english and I barely speak spanish and spent about ten minutes trying to show her how bad the lighter colors looked on her.
I just wanted to be like, lady you can buy it, just don't tell anyone I sold it to you.

MisStarrlight

The best lady with a color complex was this one woman who was an NC50-NC45 at her lightest & wanted NW15...she wouldn't settle for anything darker. I told her that I would only sell it to her if she swore that she was not going to bring it back when everyone looked at her & said she looked crazy...ok, so I didn't say the crazy bit, but I made her promise not to return it.

And if we're on the color complexes....I really can't handle the women who bleach their skin. Your coloring was frikin beautiful (and your skin was probably a ton clearer) before you started turning yourself that unnatural shade of yellow...and no, I cannot cover your NW50 spots with NC35! Even Full Coverage doesn't work like that.

calbear

I guess i am getting used to the various lash issues as I wear lashes daily - but my 2nd favorite one is the "can you put my lashes on with my hair glue?"

AWWWW Helllls naw - you are not suing me for some eye damage. it goes with the whole wanting the lashes to be on for days on end.

And it's kinda funny, the other day I was reading a thread on here about lashes and someone was saying that Duo is basically hair glue. WHich it is soo NOT. If you have ever used hair glue - then you would know that Duo is at the other end of the spectrum - the toxicity levels, the staying power - it's just not the same.

Kiseki

Quote:
My aunt's friend wanted me to do her makeup because they were going out. I had nothing else to do so I did it just for fun. She's pretty dark skinned, quite a few shades darker than me, and I was mixing up a nice nude lipstick/liner combo for her and she goes "What are you doing? Girl I have LIPS, thats not gonna do anything." She pulled out BLOOZ EYE KOHL and CYBER LIPSTICK and applied it to her mouth, sealed it with a dab of my clear gloss (which got BLUE residue in it, I couldn't use it anymore) and primped her hair like everything was okay.

I have to say your aunt's friend is quite bold... what would possess someone to line their lips with blue or smolder is beyond me.

At least the woman with the fake lashes didn't do something stupid like try to super glue them to her lids.

I'm a makeup novice and sometimes feel stupid because I don't know how to pick shadow/lipstick shades, use and blend eye shadows properly, etc. But I don't feel so bad now.

mzreyes

good lord.. I have a friend who likes to keep her lashes on for more than a day.. when she washes her face, she washes around her eyes, and careully removes her eye MU with a MU-remover soaked q-tip. I told her to just take em off and apply the next day, but she says its too hard and takes too long. WTF?! Its not that hard! ppl do the darndest things.. hahahahahah...

sharyn

One day it was raining like crazy and by the time I got to shool, my make up was a little smudgy. So I went to the restroom to re-do my eyeliner in the ladies restroom and theres this girl who keeps staring at me for like, no reason. So I ask her if theres anything wrong with my make up and she says: "you know, I do make up (haha, I looooove that line
th_remoteImage-61.gif
) and I think that you could seal your make up with a little hairspray."

I was like "uuum... sorry... did you just say hairspray? You know, you're not supposed to spray it all over your face."
and she replies: "ooooh, no, not all over your face. just on the eyes. I do it sometimes but dont overdo it cause you're going to get problems with your eyes. I only use it when it rains."

I did not know what to say to her. I mean... doesnt that hurt?!!!!

besides that, I know some people who use vasiline for bodylotion. Yessssssss. but thats it. No more freakish beauty crimes ^^

eighmii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
One day it was raining like crazy and by the time I got to shool, my make up was a little smudgy. So I went to the restroom to re-do my eyeliner in the ladies restroom and theres this girl who keeps staring at me for like, no reason. So I ask her if theres anything wrong with my make up and she says: "you know, I do make up (haha, I looooove that line
th_remoteImage-61.gif
) and I think that you could seal your make up with a little hairspray."

I was like "uuum... sorry... did you just say hairspray? You know, you're not supposed to spray it all over your face."
and she replies: "ooooh, no, not all over your face. just on the eyes. I do it sometimes but dont overdo it cause you're going to get problems with your eyes. I only use it when it rains."

I did not know what to say to her. I mean... doesnt that hurt?!!!!

besides that, I know some people who use vasiline for bodylotion. Yessssssss. but thats it. No more freakish beauty crimes ^^

I actually in a makeup LJ community that to "seal" your makeup use hairspray. But not to spray it on your face.. to spray it on your fingers then dab it. So me being the retard I am (I was 15).. I tried it. It ended up messing up my makeup to the point where I had to start all over.

But the thing is.. I heard this from people who actually thought they were good..

Latest posts