You did what ......with WHAT?!?!?

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
I think that you could seal your make up with a little hairspray

We do this in theater when we run out of Final Seal. I have a photo on my facebook of me and another girl shelaqing a creature we built with Paul Mitchel and Rave. But his eyes were FIRMLY shut and he was instructed to hold his breath.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
I guess i am getting used to the various lash issues as I wear lashes daily - but my 2nd favorite one is the "can you put my lashes on with my hair glue?"

AWWWW Helllls naw - you are not suing me for some eye damage. it goes with the whole wanting the lashes to be on for days on end.

And it's kinda funny, the other day I was reading a thread on here about lashes and someone was saying that Duo is basically hair glue. WHich it is soo NOT. If you have ever used hair glue - then you would know that Duo is at the other end of the spectrum - the toxicity levels, the staying power - it's just not the same.

Could you imagine a big ol' hard glue ball stuck to the eyelid? She would come back asking you to re-apply the lashes and that ball would just be be batting at you.
lmao.gif

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
One day it was raining like crazy and by the time I got to shool, my make up was a little smudgy. So I went to the restroom to re-do my eyeliner in the ladies restroom and theres this girl who keeps staring at me for like, no reason. So I ask her if theres anything wrong with my make up and she says: "you know, I do make up (haha, I looooove that line
th_remoteImage-61.gif
) and I think that you could seal your make up with a little hairspray."

I was like "uuum... sorry... did you just say hairspray? You know, you're not supposed to spray it all over your face."
and she replies: "ooooh, no, not all over your face. just on the eyes. I do it sometimes but dont overdo it cause you're going to get problems with your eyes. I only use it when it rains."

I did not know what to say to her. I mean... doesnt that hurt?!!!!

besides that, I know some people who use vasiline for bodylotion. Yessssssss. but thats it. No more freakish beauty crimes ^^

Grrr in the Middle East if you go to a beauty salon they do the whole hairspray thing. I introduced them to Fix+ lol

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixichik77
We do this in theater when we run out of Final Seal. I have a photo on my facebook of me and another girl shelaqing a creature we built with Paul Mitchel and Rave. But his eyes were FIRMLY shut and he was instructed to hold his breath.

Final Seal is the bomb,. but yeah in a pinch hairspray that mists super fine held at a really good distance can give you a bit of staying power,.. but I keep extra extra Final Seal around,..and you smell minty fresh afterwards,... really cant beat that.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighmii
I actually in a makeup LJ community that to "seal" your makeup use hairspray. But not to spray it on your face.. to spray it on your fingers then dab it. So me being the retard I am (I was 15).. I tried it. It ended up messing up my makeup to the point where I had to start all over.

But the thing is.. I heard this from people who actually thought they were good..

Around here, makeup artists that are older and do bridal makeup still do that...my stepdaughter's MA (I didn't do her makeup..thank you very much!) did that for her wedding...the makeup looked ok, but her face had a strange greyish cast to it...:confused:

Tubachick02

I have a new one that happened last night, girl(15ish) walks in with her mom looking for help with concealer and foundation. I was with anoher customer so showed the to a chiar an said look around and I will be right with you. came back and asked about wht was needed for a concealer, the girl takes off the scarf around her head, and a few gauze pads from where eyebrows are supposed to be, yurns ouf she had tried to bleach her eyebrows with laundry bleach and had an allergic reaction, thus no eyebrows and lots o chemical burns. I told her I could not help uch untl the stopped leaking but to moisturize with unscented cold cream and stay out of the sun, come back when she has healed a little.

eighmii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubachick02
I have a new one that happened last night, girl(15ish) walks in with her mom looking for help with concealer and foundation. I was with anoher customer so showed the to a chiar an said look around and I will be right with you. came back and asked about wht was needed for a concealer, the girl takes off the scarf around her head, and a few gauze pads from where eyebrows are supposed to be, yurns ouf she had tried to bleach her eyebrows with laundry bleach and had an allergic reaction, thus no eyebrows and lots o chemical burns. I told her I could not help uch untl the stopped leaking but to moisturize with unscented cold cream and stay out of the sun, come back when she has healed a little.

:eek2:

faifai

Quote:

Clorox on your eyebrows?! She really didn't get that this would cause chemical burns (and potential blindness, if it dripped into her eyes)? And coming to the counter with leaking skin is also...
hmm.gif
Sometimes I wish common sense was available for purchase, for sad people like this.

calbear

Quote:

*DEAD*

elisha24

I haven't had any as bad as these
lol.gif

My friend was telling me how she washes her face with soap, doesn't moisturise and applies her foundation like a moisturiser, she just rubs it in her hands and slaps it on her face. I was just sitting there like
icon_eek.gif
What makes it even worse is she has perfect skin.

SerenityRaine

lol, so in highschool at lunch was touching up her "lipstick" and I got a closer look at the tube in question and it turned out to be one of those eyeshadow sticks. I asked her why she was wearing eyeshadow on her lips. She had no clue and was wondering why it wasn't long wearing.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
I have a new one that happened last night, girl(15ish) walks in with her mom looking for help with concealer and foundation. I was with another customer so showed the to a chair an said look around and I will be right with you. I came back and asked about what was needed for a concealer, the girl takes off the scarf around her head, and a few gauze pads from where eyebrows are supposed to be, turns out she had tried to bleach her eyebrows with laundry bleach and had an allergic reaction, thus no eyebrows and lots of chemical burns. I told her I could not help until they stopped leaking but to moisturize with unscented cold cream and stay out of the sun, come back when she has healed a little.

I'll bet the E/R staff had a FIELD DAY
rofl.gif
lmao.gif
with that one after she left!!!!! I never realized there really *were* people in the world who were actually that stupid
th_dunno.gif
. She's lucky she still has her sight left after that little stunt...never mind worrying about cosmetic issues!!!!!

eulchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
I never realized there really *were* people in the world who were actually that stupid
th_dunno.gif

all i can say is this:

Darwin Awards

CaraAmericana

I was at my friend's picking her up and she said she wans't quite ready. SO I came in and she asked if I had any black eyeliner. I told her no and she freaked out and said that she couldn't find hers and NEEDED to have black liner. She went back to her room and a little later came out and said she took care of it. So we go on our merry way and go out to the club. I still hadn't noticed what she had used in place of real liner because I just assumed she found hers. But when we were in the ladies room waiting in line and she turned around to talk to me, I finally examined her upper eyeliner and just couldn't stop staring at it. I asked her "girl what you put on your lids" She said................black nailpolish. I threw up a little in my mouth when she told me that.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
This isn't worse than the bleach girl,but I once met a girl who used gel pens to line her eyes.

I once met a girl who used those metallic silver and gold gel pens as lipstick.
hmm.gif

Bernadette

Some of these people are lucky they haven't gotten super sick! Nail polish and bleach near the eyes, pens on their lips.... good lord people!
fool.gif

calbear

You jinxed me and I am never speaking to you again. Did a customer come in this weekend and whip out Hyacinth and use it as a lipliner. *dead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
My aunt's friend wanted me to do her makeup because they were going out. I had nothing else to do so I did it just for fun. She's pretty dark skinned, quite a few shades darker than me, and I was mixing up a nice nude lipstick/liner combo for her and she goes "What are you doing? Girl I have LIPS, thats not gonna do anything." She pulled out BLOOZ EYE KOHL and CYBER LIPSTICK and applied it to her mouth, sealed it with a dab of my clear gloss (which got BLUE residue in it, I couldn't use it anymore) and primped her hair like everything was okay.

TERRIBLE.

I also had a client who mixed her Bare Escentuals foundation with a heavy liquid foundation....way to defeat the purpose. BTW, Mineral Makeup is really ugly mixed into other shit lol

~Coco~

Ok, I admit it....I wanted white eyelashes sooo bad(when I was 17) much wiser now. Nobody made white mascara way back then, LOL!

So I took my white nail polish and well you guess it, painted my eyelashes..but only the tips not too close to the eye. Still makes it totally stupid.

Latest posts