You're doing it wrong...

inconspicuous

MAC HELLO KITTY COLL. BEAUTY POWDER * ALPHA GIRL * NIB - eBay (item 190335532202 end time Jan-13-10 18:40:56 PST)

My favourite is when people put counterfeits for sale that are glaringly obvious to anyone who knows the brand.

The above link for example? Apha Girl beauty powder... in Hello Kitty packaging, with the HK imprint and everything. Really? This seller is either a liar or magic, because the combination does not exist.

Yet they've sold 2 of them already.

And of course there's the latest pigment fad - pigments with eyeshadow names instead of actual pigment names?

I want to smack these people, I mean if you're going to counterfeit at least make an effort to do it right. Then of course, I'm GLAD they're doing it wrong because it's so much easier to spot the fakes (I'm not in the habit of buying on Ebay to being with, but y'know).

And then of course I want to shake the people who are buying these and tell them to back far away, get a refund, and do their research.

Makeup Emporium

Hi, actually the combination does exist as they were sold at the MAC warehouse sale in Canada in September 2009; I purchased a couple myself. Alpha Girl was released as part of the HK collection in Asia only and then I guess the excess stock was sold off at the warehouse sale. There are also several lipglasses etc that were packaged as HK in Asia only. There was actually another thread about this. In one of the posts there is a link to info about the MAC Asia release.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/i...-about-149960/

BellaItalia1969

Inconspicous i hear you
smiles.gif

Too many fake pigments to list but i agree ,on ebay UK,there's loads of these pigments with MAC single powder eyeshadow names
th_confused_new.gif
WTH anyone who knows the brand knows that these do not blooming exist!I pointed out to this seller:hulme_georgina her reply astonished me... basically everyone else is selling these so if they are fake why ebay has not removed these blah,blah
Item number:130357188206 Mac pigment with wonky label Knight divine
ssad.gif

%21Bi6qONQCGk%7E$%28KGrHqMH-CkEs-cEE5HPBLRSj7Kd7g%7E%7E_35.JPG
on another hand this UK seller:lavenderlilly01,is selling the 12 CREAM eyeshadow palettes but she cleverly disguised the listing as"Famous brand"wth??
How can this be allowed???I want to smack those sellers too...
tong.gif

Item number:290389619681

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Did MAC release HK mascaras and liners too? This was on Craigslist Toronto, not ebay though.

Mac Hello Kitty Eyeliner and Mascara set

I wasn't into MAC as much when HK came out - the post felt a bit iffy to me, especially since I think the same person is selling this:

MAC lock Eyeshadow blue purple

Hi, no the mascaras and liners are fake! Those were never released by MAC.

It was the Alpha Girl as well as the following items from the MAC perm collection that were released as part of the HK Asia collection. Some of the lipglasses listed below were also sold at the MAC warehouse sale in the HK packaging so they must have been overstock from the Asia release as well.

lipsticks
LOVELORN
PLINK!
FRESH BREW
CREME DE LA FEMME
BOMBSHELL

lipglass
LOVECHILD
REVEALING
DREAMY
OYSTER GIRL
PINK POODLE
LYCHEE LUXE

inconspicuous

Ah ok sorry I didn't realize that with the Alpha Girl so thanks for letting me know!

I've seen so many of those mascaras and liners, and the pigments with eyeshadow names... Those pigments are selling like hot cakes too =/

Wanted to add: To BellaItalia, I got the same replies! I messaged some sellers asking if they realized their products were fake, and they said "search ebay a load of people have them so they're not fake" and even professed to have bought them from a MAC Store. Some people are easily fooled by this I guess, but like you said, anyone who knows the brand will spot these fakes a mile off.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
Ah ok sorry I didn't realize that with the Alpha Girl so thanks for letting me know!

No problem! It confused a lot of us at the time as well. I hadn't realized that MAC altered the HK collection for Asia and released more items!

Given all the fake HK that I've seen around it's not hard to wonder about everything. Some of the fakes are completely ridiculous and I don't know how buyers keep falling for them.
th_confused_new.gif
The fake sellers will keep selling the crap as long as people keep buying. I have sent so many people to Specktra hoping to educate them further about the fakes and the bad sellers etc. If everyone was better eductaed about the product there would be no one left willing to buy the fake crap!!

LMD84

thanks for the info, i had no idea that asia got some other items in hk packaging. kinda cool!
smiles.gif

CajunFille'

The pigments with the eyeshadow names are just absurd. My advice is to never by MAC off of e-bay unless you know your products or get advice from someone who does before you purchase.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
Fresh Brew in HK packaging was released in the US

You're right it was, the others weren't though, apparently only in Asia.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
thanks for the info, i had no idea that asia got some other items in hk packaging. kinda cool!
smiles.gif

The Asian market often gets things we dont... i.e Fun Fun lipstick was re-released with Euristocrats II in Asia recently, but nowhere else. Always pays to keep an eye out on SG ebay or find an Asian CP buddy - they get great re-promos over there and items not made generally available to the rest of the western consumers.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The Asian market often gets things we dont... i.e Fun Fun lipstick was re-released with Euristocrats II in Asia recently, but nowhere else. Always pays to keep an eye out on SG ebay or find an Asian CP buddy - they get great re-promos over there and items not made generally available to the rest of the western consumers.

it sounds like they are very lucky!
smiles.gif
i shall be checking out what they get with each collection now to see if anything i'm after pops up!!

rockin

Re the pigments with pan shadow names, check this out eBay Seller: rose.petal.pink: Eye Shadow items on eBay.co.uk

Since when was Hepcat a peach colour, let alone a pigment? 'Star Violet' seems to be the wrong colour, too!

I have emailed the seller and advised her that the items are fake, and why. Don't know if she is already aware that they are, so the story about the make-up artist sister in America is a cover to make it sound legit, or if she is genuinely unaware, and believes said sister.

rockin

Follow-up to my previous post

I've just heard from the seller, and she has thanked me for letting her know. She says she had no idea they were fake, and she has now taken the listings down. She has also emailed the bidder on the remaining listing to let them know the situation, presumably so they can cancel their bid and she can remove that listing as well.

Latest posts