• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

YSL: Effet Faux Cils- general review (mascara)

Sanne

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5 (expensive!)
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

General Comments on this product:
after reading a lot of positive reviews, I bought this mascara. I absolutly adored this mascara when I first used it, it brings out lashes I didn't even know I had! but I'm am a bit disappointed about the fact that the mascara flakes after a day of wearing it, and since I'm waering contacts this is not good news. I guess I'm going back to use another mascara, i still have plenty other ones I want to try!

JamericanDiva

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 5

I too love this mascara, just don't like the fact that the tube dries out quickly... even without any pumping of the wand... I do love the lengthening effect tho' on my practically non-existant lashes.

Hikaru-chan

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 3
Would you buy this product again? No

When I first started using this mascara I loved it, it makes lashes look loads longer and fuller and the packaging is gorgeous but it dries out too fast (3 weeks) which is a shame because it really does give a false lash effect.

daphne

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 2
Would you buy this product again? No

Frankly speaking, I was more than a little disappointed with this mascara. For all the hype and price that I paid, I expected something more. But this mascara was just mediocre. The only thing I liked was the glam gold packaging and the click sound that ensured that the mascara tube was tight. Results wise, I'm still going back to my Clinique High Impact. Sorry YSL!

miss_emc

Price: 1 (expensive!)
Would you buy this product again? Maybe...

This would have to be one of my HG mascara's, everybody always comments on my lashes whenever I wear this. It trully does give the 'false lash effrect'. However, I'm only giving this 4/5 because it tends to dry up really quickly. It's really great for the first month or so but then it starts to get clumpy and dry and not as great. I can't justify spending so much money on a mascara thats only going to be useful for 4-6 weeks.

gRiZeLda

Would you buy this product again? MOST DEFF...

it weird.....because i would always get customers wanting to return it because it would dry out on them.... i had mines for about 3 months...id use it everyday and NEVER did it dry out on me....i do have a tip tho....wash ur mascara wand...this helps....i tried it on one...when i was bored at work and seen one dried out...it was back to new again.... just make sure u wash it with gentle soap...

jilliandanica

Would you buy this product again? Yup!

I love this mascara! It's pretty pricey but mine lasts a good 3-4 months of nearly everyday use. I love the length and fullness it gives my lashes. Many have even asked if my lashes were real, so I'm a believer! The formula washes off without much effort yet it can withstand teary-eyed moments without any running. The first tube I had I did notice that it got dry relatively fast but on my next tube (and every other one after that) I read the enclosed directions and made sure that I washed the wand weekly and cleaned up any excess product before and after each use. Since then my YSL Faux Cils still remains my HG
HTH!

rachybloom

A must for any girl who loves thick, long, lustrous lashes. I have this in both the black and burgundy color. The burgundy color makes my greenish hazel eyes look truly golden green. The black is rich and dark. It does dry out a bit but if you follow the instructions and wipe the wand every week (it seems wasteful, but I swear it helps), you'll notice that it doesn't dry out nearly as fast and keeps the product nice in consistency. Lengthens, volumizes, and defines lashes. I put on five or six coats of this and it doesn't even clump! Damn expensive but worth every penny.

LaPrincessa

Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again? Maybe

Ive had this mascara twice now and both times it went clumpy after a while.. but it does do what it says and make eyelashes look long now ive read to wash the wand i mightbuy it again and try that

wendybird

Overall rating 4.5
Price 4
Packaging quality 5

This mascara is amazing and definitely lives up to its name. The only downside to it, as previous members have pointed out, is that it does tend to dry out very quickly. However, it is truly worth the price and a definite HG product.

MsCocoa

Packaging Quality: 4

Ok I love this mascara it doesn't clump, smells good and gives you va va voom lashes, the only downside is it dries up in the tube very quickly; I did follow the intructions and wiped the wand every week but it still JUST about lasted 3 months, infact I would say you can 1 1/2-2 months good use out of it before it loses the effect, I would repurchase unless I found something better.

dramatEYES

Overall: 5
Packaging: 5
Would I buy again: YES!

I LOVE this mascara. I haven't had issues with it drying out like others have, though. Expensive, but gives really a really dramatic effect and is my HG mascara, for sure. Worth every penny.

smoohead

Overall: 4
Price: 4
Packaging: 5
Would I buy again: Hell no.

I loved this mascara... the packaging, the color, the effect it gave me. But for the price, it dries out more quickly than any mascara I have ever used before. I don't mind the price because I am definitely willing to pay that much but I will not pay that amount for something that will dry out in 3 weeks. This is a good choice for people who throw out their mascaras every 3 months... but it might not even last you the 3 months.

elenaa

Price: 4
Would you buy this product again? yes

This mascara lasts for a year and has beautiful scent