YSL Rouge Volupte VS. YSL Pur Couture Lipsticks

iqaganda

I find YSL Rouge Volupte very slippery on my lips and that I don't like for YSL Rouge Volupte. Question is, I want to try YSL Pur Couture and was wondering if it is anything the same as Pur Couture? What are their difference? Thanks!

katred

Specktra Bestie
RPCs are an amazing formula. I don't care for the Voluptes for the same reasons you mention, but Rouge Pur Coutures are divine. I find the pigmentation and lasting power are excellent, the formula is creamy but not slippery... One of my very favourites.

iqaganda

^ Thanks! :) I fell in love with YSL RVs because of their packaging and I guess their color ranges. The bad side is, when I tried putting on their darker lipsticks such as the hot pink ones, it turned out slippery and actually embarrassing. That's why it's good to know that the RPCs stays put on the lips! Oooh! I can't wait to get one for myself! I'm wondering what could be the perfect first for it. Haha! :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ Thanks! :) I fell in love with YSL RVs because of their packaging and I guess their color ranges. The bad side is, when I tried putting on their darker lipsticks such as the hot pink ones, it turned out slippery and actually embarrassing. That's why it's good to know that the RPCs stays put on the lips! Oooh! I can't wait to get one for myself! I'm wondering what could be the perfect first for it. Haha! :)

I haven't seen one RPC that didn't look great. If you like hot pinks, #7 (Le Fuchsia) and #27 (Soft Fuchsia) are amazing.

missanne

Thanks for starting this thread. You read my mind! I recently brought a Rouge Volupte in Provocative Pink. Love, love the color but not too crazy for the formula. Can any of you ladies recommend a dupe for Provocative Pink, any brand just as long as it is not a matte. Thanks ladies!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I don't have it right in front of me, but based on photos I can find on the internet, it looks similar to either Mac Show Orchid or Nars' Schiap (which is not quite matte, but has little sheen). Not sure if that helps.

Shypo

I just got 3 of the new 'golden lustre' colors - 105, a beautiful berry tone, 107, a nice neutral mauve-y rose, and 113, a gorgeous mid-toned bright pink. I don't think these will be my last!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I swatched Violet Singulier and Rouge Helios again. And Rouge Parisien. I think I may need all of these! I'm wondering how people would react to getting a certificate from me for Christmas that read "A lipstick has been donated in your name to a needy addict".

shontay07108

I went to the YSL counter in Neiman's and bought #106. I don't quite know how to describe it except to say it looks like my lips, but better. It's a sheer, brownish nude with shimmer. It's really flattering and great for when I go more bold with my eyes. I wanted the coral shade also, but the lady gave me the wrong darn thing. I think she gave me the correct number, but in the rouge volupte perle instead of the rouge pur couture. I'll have to take it back. Can't be too mad though because the saleslady was nice and she gave me two free lipsticks! One RPC and one RVP. The only difference is that they have transparent caps. I can live with that.

Ingenue

Ooooh I want to see swatches with you in #106! I have #108 and I LOVE it. Whooo hoo on the free makeup!
yahoo.gif

shontay07108

Aah, I've been lazy and haven't snapped any pictures in days. I've worn that lipstick everyday this week. I don't know how well it'll pick up on camera, though. I will take a pic tomorrow and see how it turns out. Last night I ordered two more. :lol: I really needed that coral and just because I can never buy only one thing, I threw in #105. It's a rose shade. Can't wait!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Shontay- That's awesome about the free lipsticks. I find that YSL often have amazing giveaways. That's actually how I got hooked on their Faux Cils mascara, which is my HG until I try either their new on or the Armani. I'm not even letting myself walk near their counter until I do some Christmas shopping. Violet Singulier just looks like a perfect purple, but with something... more. I've also been pulling out some of my Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks lately, reminding myself of how incredibly awesome they are. Chanel still has my favourite reds, but YSL comes a solid second in my book.

One of the associates at my counter was telling me that they're gradually changing over all the Rouge Pur lipsticks into the RPC formula, which is great, since I do think it's superior. The latest batch of shades they've come out with is stunning.

shontay07108

Katred, let me tell you that since I've been using YSL's Shocking mascara, it's the only one in my rotation. I don't even touch my Chanel Inimitable anymore. It's crazy. That Chanel was my HG mascara. I was surprised to see such poor reviews for it on Sephora, but YSL has impressed me here. I haven't been a fan of their other mascaras. There's one RPC that I want. I saw it in Saks when I breezed by a week ago. It was like a gold infused metallic brown. It's not on the YSL site or any of the department store sites. It's #102, I believe. I have to go back to Saks and buy that one because it was stunning. Also, I am thinking about the purple one. It wasn't as dark as I had anticipated when I swatched it Saturday. Ooh, now I have a new obsession. :happydance:

shontay07108

I got my other 2 lustre lipsticks in the mail yesterday. I have to say I am disappointed in the coral shade, 109. It's a less pigmented version of Enviree by Chanel. I know these are supposed to be sheer, but that one is a little ridiculous. I'll have to work with it and see what happens because I don't think my local Nordstroms (where I ordered it from) has a YSL counter. The other shade, 108 I believe, is much better. It's a darker, rosy color. Maybe the darker colors are just better in general.

katred

Specktra Bestie
My counter had more new RPCs out today. There's a true deep purple that kicks Violetta's ass. I mean, I love Violetta, but it always looks more magenta on me than anything. This one is PURPLE. Definitely on my list to pick up. I think it's colour #40. There's also a new bold red which looked all right in the tube, but then I swatched it and it has this unbelievable magenta shimmer/ sheen to it. It's so pretty I didn't even want to wipe the swatch off my hand.

They're seriously beefing up that line. Along with everything else. Is it just me or did someone in product development at YSL get dipped in awesome sauce? Seems like they keep coming up with these great releases lately.

Shypo

Kate, could the red be Rouge Eros #40? The purple is #39 I think. I haven't seen either one in person yet, but HG will be getting the Rouge Eros soon and I'm interested!
clapping.gif

OctoberViolet

I just purchased my first ever YSL lipstick. It's called Violet Singulier & it is one beautiful blueish purple lipstick. I've been wanted a true purple lipstick for quite some time. Something not with pink or red undertones. I wanted blue undertones and that is what I got. I haven't worn it yet since I just received it, but I swatched it on my lips and I LOVE it! I am looking forward to wearing it out soon. I would have never imagined on paying $30 for a lipstick, but I was very depressed. I just lost another kitty. My Mushy had been with us for only 7 months & got very sick. The vet told us it would be best to put him down and that is what we did yesterday. RIP Mushy.

Latest posts