Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2,618
Likes Likes:  3,846
Page 727 of 733 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

  1. #21781
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Ha, need? What's that? My problem is that I am such a flip-flopper. When the original singles came out, I thought "no way, not for me." Cut to a few months later and I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs and ordered 5 of the foils.
    I’m the same way, just depends on my frame of mind at any given time.
    MAC N/NC10-15/Blonde(ish)/Green

  2. Thanks boschicka, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, elegant-one liked this post
  3. #21782
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the 01 Silver catches my attention. I love that she said Frame is a favored jean of hers...it's been my new jean love this year lol.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  4. Likes awickedshape, boschicka, TraceyMc liked this post
  5. #21783
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Only the 01 Silver catches my attention. I love that she said Frame is a favored jean of hers...it's been my new jean love this year lol.
    Lol

    Hope you're well
    #TeamLowBuy

  6. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one liked this post
  7. #21784
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From BubblyMichelle
    Tom Ford Beauty Discussion -screenshot_20180307-065643-png
    Tom Ford Beauty Discussion -screenshot_20180307-065633-png
    #TeamLowBuy

  8. Thanks elegant-one, Estereofonica, shadowaddict thanked for this post
    Likes elegant-one, shadowaddict liked this post
  9. #21785
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awickedshape View Post
    From BubblyMichelle

    Tom Ford Beauty Discussion -screenshot_20180307-065633-png
    Are these all repromotes or are any of them new?

  10. Likes awickedshape liked this post
  11. #21786
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Are these all repromotes or are any of them new?
    Shades like Bare and Ravenous sound familiar but at this moment I can't recall which are new and if they are reformulated, sorry!
    #TeamLowBuy

  12. Thanks boschicka, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, lipstickaddict liked this post
  13. #21787
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Are these all repromotes or are any of them new?
    It looks like some are re-promotes and some are new. I don't have a comprehensive list, but I looked at a review of these lipsticks the last time they were released (like five or 6 years ago) and there was an overlap on some, but not all shades. I'm pretty sure Lavish and Exuberant are new.

  14. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  15. #21788
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awickedshape View Post
    Lol

    Hope you're well
    Thanks!!! I am. Just trying to get a lot of things around the house done.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  16. Likes awickedshape, lipstickaddict liked this post
  17. #21789
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Thanks!!! I am. Just trying to get a lot of things around the house done.
    #TeamLowBuy

  18. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, elegant-one liked this post
  19. #21790
    Senior Member TraceyMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh oh Tom Ford shadows are not going down well this time :/ TOM FORD - Shadow Extreme - YouTube

  20. Thanks Winthrop44, DMcG9, elegant-one, shadowaddict thanked for this post
  21. #21791
    Junior Member eighthour's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceyMc View Post
    Oh oh Tom Ford shadows are not going down well this time :/ TOM FORD - Shadow Extreme - YouTube
    But beautyprofessor RAVED about them! Please tell me you guys don't fall for her shtick.

  22. Likes VAL4M, lipstickaddict liked this post
  23. #21792
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    10,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    she likes everything

  24. #21793
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceyMc View Post
    Oh oh Tom Ford shadows are not going down well this time :/ TOM FORD - Shadow Extreme - YouTube
    Mine were supposed to be delivered Friday, but they were delayed.
    I suspect these are more like all the newer shadows with a thicker texture (more silicone?), so they will require the right brush.

  25. #21794
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Mine were supposed to be delivered Friday, but they were delayed.
    I suspect these are more like all the newer shadows with a thicker texture (more silicone?), so they will require the right brush.
    I ordered two of the Extreme eyeshadows from Holt's which will hopefully arrive this week. It seems like a mixed bag for reviews which was also the case for the Private Shadows so I'm not too worried.

  26. Thanks boschicka, elegant-one, TraceyMc thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, elegant-one, TraceyMc liked this post
  27. #21795
    Senior Member TraceyMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthour View Post
    But beautyprofessor RAVED about them! Please tell me you guys don't fall for her shtick.
    I don't know what to think , Michele Wang liked the first batch that she got bar the black one but she seems to not like these I know the Beauty Professor liked them but she seems to love most products from Tom Ford , Sisley and Le Metier de Beaute . Not sure whether to get any of the shadows , I think I'll wait till I see some feedback on here .

  28. Thanks lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  29. #21796
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    10,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    she gets all of those brands for free so naturally, she raves about their products in order to keep good relationship with them

  30. Thanks lipstickaddict, TraceyMc thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, TraceyMc liked this post
  31. #21797
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #TeamLowBuy

  32. #21798
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceyMc View Post
    I don't know what to think , Michele Wang liked the first batch that she got bar the black one but she seems to not like these I know the Beauty Professor liked them but she seems to love most products from Tom Ford , Sisley and Le Metier de Beaute . Not sure whether to get any of the shadows , I think I'll wait till I see some feedback on here .
    I've read at least 2 blog posts with positive reviews of the shadows and I don't think either of these people received the shadows for free. I will try to post the links when I get home. Personally I prefer to try out products for myself, especially if it's a mixed bag of reviews. I bought quite a few of the Private Shadows and had a positive experience with them (which was not the case for everyone). I will also report back once my shadows arrive.

  33. Thanks boschicka, TraceyMc, elegant-one thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, awickedshape, TraceyMc liked this post
  34. #21799
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lipstickaddict View Post
    I've read at least 2 blog posts with positive reviews of the shadows and I don't think either of these people received the shadows for free. I will try to post the links when I get home. Personally I prefer to try out products for myself, especially if it's a mixed bag of reviews. I bought quite a few of the Private Shadows and had a positive experience with them (which was not the case for everyone). I will also report back once my shadows arrive.
    Mine came today. Just as expected. Thicker, dimethicone shadows that require a dense brush to pack on the lid. You can't use fluffy Japanese brushes with these types of shadows.

  35. #21800
    Senior Member MaryJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    she gets all of those brands for free so naturally, she raves about their products in order to keep good relationship with them
    I feel the same about Really Ree. She is obsessed with everything in her site. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad review on their. Who knows? Maybe she only features products she likes.

  36. Likes TraceyMc, lipstickaddict liked this post
  37. #21801
    Senior Member TraceyMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    I feel the same about Really Ree. She is obsessed with everything in her site. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad review on their. Who knows? Maybe she only features products she likes.
    Agree with you on that , she always gives glowing reviews to everything .

  38. Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  39. #21802
    Senior Member TraceyMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lipstickaddict View Post
    I've read at least 2 blog posts with positive reviews of the shadows and I don't think either of these people received the shadows for free. I will try to post the links when I get home. Personally I prefer to try out products for myself, especially if it's a mixed bag of reviews. I bought quite a few of the Private Shadows and had a positive experience with them (which was not the case for everyone). I will also report back once my shadows arrive.
    Thanks ,I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them , we can't return cosmetic items here in Ireland so I need to be sure before I buy them Thanks !!!
    Last edited by TraceyMc; March 13th, 2018 at 05:57 PM.

  40. Thanks lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, DMcG9 liked this post
  41. #21803
    Junior Member FrankieFrancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitchcockblonde View Post
    this collection looks really pretty! ..this is a change for me.. I usually go after dramatic and colorful makeup.. now I'm starting to like neutral shades and pinks!

  42. Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  43. #21804
    Senior Member shadowaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthour View Post
    But beautyprofessor RAVED about them! Please tell me you guys don't fall for her shtick.
    I totally agree with Monsy. She likes everything she reviews. I used to check out her blog & swatches. Now I just find her quite obnoxious so I don't bother anymore.
    My Best Friend/Dog Ishmael 10/26/95--7/11/11
    “Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened” - Anatole France

  44. Likes TraceyMc, lipstickaddict liked this post
  45. #21805
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Ford Beauty Discussion -20180313_090606-jpg

    L to R: 2, 5, 12, 13, 14
    Last edited by boschicka; March 13th, 2018 at 06:12 AM.

  46. #21806
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #TeamLowBuy

  47. Thanks lipstickaddict, shadowaddict thanked for this post
  48. #21807
    Senior Member awickedshape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winthrop, you're not alone!

    Tom Ford Beauty Discussion -screenshot_20180313-153932-png
    #TeamLowBuy

  49. Thanks Winthrop44, lipstickaddict thanked for this post
    Likes Winthrop44, lipstickaddict liked this post
  50. #21808
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My eyeshadows just arrived from Holt's so I thought I'd share some quick thoughts. 13 is really creamy and smooth with beautiful pigment. Absolutely love it and quite a unique pink. 15 seems less creamy and contains quite a bit of glitter. I used my fingers to apply it to my eye and that definitely worked well with some good pigment but there is definitely a lot of glitter. In terms of finish it reminds me of camera Obscura from the Private collection ( I thought 15 was a foil but hmmmm). Both are beautiful colors , but if I had to choose one it would be 13. Hope that helps!

  51. #21809
    Senior Member boschicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lipstickaddict View Post
    My eyeshadows just arrived from Holt's so I thought I'd share some quick thoughts. 13 is really creamy and smooth with beautiful pigment. Absolutely love it and quite a unique pink. 15 seems less creamy and contains quite a bit of glitter. I used my fingers to apply it to my eye and that definitely worked well with some good pigment but there is definitely a lot of glitter. In terms of finish it reminds me of camera Obscura from the Private collection ( I thought 15 was a foil but hmmmm). Both are beautiful colors , but if I had to choose one it would be 13. Hope that helps!
    Ugh, yeah, I was not about those glitter shades.
    Isn't 13 such a fun color?!
    I wish 12 was more of a pure burgundy and less blackened burgundy. Makes it lean more brown. Still pretty though.

  52. Thanks lipstickaddict, TraceyMc, JerseyGirl thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict, TraceyMc, JerseyGirl liked this post
  53. #21810
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boschicka View Post
    Ugh, yeah, I was not about those glitter shades.
    Isn't 13 such a fun color?!
    I wish 12 was more of a pure burgundy and less blackened burgundy. Makes it lean more brown. Still pretty though.
    13 is fabulous! I just love it. 15 is a great color too, but I didn't realize how much glitter it would have. I will probably keep it but the jury is still out.

  54. Thanks boschicka thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  • Display all images
  • Page 727 of 733 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •