Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

GreenEyedAllie

Not sure if this is the right thread to post it to but does anyone know if the Soleil Blanc Shimmering oil that just came out is the exact same thing from last year? I hate to wait in purchasing it then miss out like I did last year. I had to ask my mom to get it for me in Germany! I also don't want to buy any more (I got 2 bottles from last year) if it's gonna be the exact same scent.

Same product, different scent I believe.

janjirrasan

Not sure if this is the right thread to post it to but does anyone know if the Soleil Blanc Shimmering oil that just came out is the exact same thing from last year? I hate to wait in purchasing it then miss out like I did last year. I had to ask my mom to get it for me in Germany! I also don't want to buy any more (I got 2 bottles from last year) if it's gonna be the exact same scent.

I'm receiving the new one tomorrow, I can compare the two when I get home if you'd like? I'm almost positive it's a different scent. :)

Ernie

I wasn't either but I just went on TF site and now its on my brain.

I wanted Honeymoon but I'm holding up Burnished Amber next to the pic and it looks virtually the same except for the finish. I really want to know if its the same. I really like the looks of Disco too. I better get to saving.
I ordered Honeymoon from NM, they said it was in stock, and now they shipped out the samples and Honeymoon should come by Jan 28th, hopefully. I liked a few of these palettes as well, one at a time!
:call: just pre ordered way too much! Been on a no buy since December! :wavey: hi everyone! Happy New year and all that good stuff!!!
Happy new year!

Winthrop44

YarahFlower

I ordered Honeymoon from NM, they said it was in stock, and now they shipped out the samples and Honeymoon should come by Jan 28th, hopefully. I liked a few of these palettes as well, one at a time!

Happy new year!

: sunshine:

I think I'm going to leave the cream shadows alone for now, and work through what I have. Plus, I want all the quads, can't do both right now. LOL I have to tell myself no. (Do I have too)? I can't wait ot see your swatches. No nevermind, you always make me buy stuff. I jumped on the Summer collex after your husbands comments. LOL

Lol!!!! Yes you need the cream shadows!!! But thankfully they are permanent so you can take your time! I will definitely post swatches once I get the call from Neiman's or Saks! What do you think about the new shade and illuminate duo?

Aquamarine1543

I don't like the idea of that or the sponge tip. I wonder if the blogger is wearing one of the cream shadows there?

Why don't you like the sponge tip?
I haven't used any lip products with a sponge tip so I have no idea whether it's good or bad so that's why I wonder why you don't like.

Winthrop44

Why don't you like the sponge tip?
I haven't used any lip products with a sponge tip so I have no idea whether it's good or bad so that's why I wonder why you don't like.

Mostly because I'm (or was in my younger years) a microbiologist and the idea grosses me out. Plus I think precise application would be difficult for me.

So I see the new duo is actually meant for eyes according to Neimans???

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/TOM-FOR...294895900&eItemId=prod187240005&cmCat=product

It's listed with face products on TF.com

janjirrasan

Ok so I received the shimmering body oil here at work and it smells very similar (if not the same) as last years shimmering body oil. If anything it smells a tad sweeter. :/ I'll know for sure when I get home and compare the two. I looked at the description from last years and compared it to this years and the description for the scents are identical. Just a heads up, but I'll keep everyone posted later today.

janjirrasan

coffeewithcream

Different scent; I returned mine. I adored the one from last year and this one is similar, but not as warm and it smelled cheap to me. They changed the top note because after a while, they both faded to a similar kind of scent but I really disliked the new one. Very sad they changed the formula. The glitter also looked chunkier in the new one.

janjirrasan

View attachment 51617
Ok here's the scoop. The scents are different but are extremely similar. The newer one smells sweeter to me but just by a hair. The new shimmer appears to be more of a champagne vs the gold shimmer last year and the new shimmer is not as fine as last years. The formula does seem different as well as someone else has mentioned here. This years formula seems to be a little less oily than last years... If that makes any sense lol (more watery I guess you can say). Anyways this is just what I observed you guys may end up liking it so if you can check it out at a counter. I will probably keep mine since I enjoy these in general but I do prefer the one from last year. Hope this helps!

hitchcockblonde

12547135_801917313253466_1284340654_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/fabiolamakeup/