Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Monsy

You know I completely forgot there was a regular EL Bronze Goddess fragrance apart from the body oil. I have to give it a smell again. From what I remember though, the EL one doesn't last very long on the skin, right?

yes but it is never permanent , they launch "new" one every summer
they are always very similar with some ingredients slightly changed
and yes they do not stay on (at all)

GreenEyedAllie

What didn't you like about Amber Absolut?

I can't be very discerning about it really. I put it on, and walked around a while, and it smelled straight up like ascerbic butt on me.

venetian bergamot is the next one on my list!

It's so nice! I do tend to enjoy bergamot, so no surprise.

I adore noir pour femme but velvet orchid didn't work for me. On my skin it develops terribly with some annoying note that reminds me of urine

This made me go 'Ode de Pee Pee,' and giggle like a 5 year-old. This is kinda how AA was on me actually.

GreenEyedAllie

Gorgeous! Even though it's similar-ish to HM, I almost went home with this one, too.

Thank you for the swatches. Starry night looks disappointing! No counter near me do all swatches help...

For me, it really was. But it may work better on eyes. It looks like it would require a base, though.

Thank you so much for the swatches!! I'm really drawn to Last Dance -- so pretty!!!

Me too! I am so trying to talk myself out of it, but it also wowed me. It will probably be my next purchase.

And you're welcome everyone! Least I can do when most of you post so many awesome pics!

janjirrasan

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in awhile, but the new shade and illuminate is up on nordies if anyone is interested! I just snagged one for myself. Honeymoon and disco dust will be delivered Thursday... I just hope they're not too similar. I hope eberyone is well and enjoying the new year with these wonderful spring releases! :)

Prettypackages

I think I'm going to leave the cream shadows alone for now, and work through what I have. Plus, I want all the quads, can't do both right now. LOL I have to tell myself no. (Do I have too)? I can't wait ot see your swatches. No nevermind, you always make me buy stuff. I jumped on the Summer collex after your husbands comments. LOL
That's my problem too, lol...I made another order with my local Neiman's over the phone this morning. I got three of the cream shadows. Siren blue, opale and platinum! Contemplating sphinx...

janjirrasan

I'm so bummed... My Honeymoon and Disco Dust quads arrived cracked.. Nordstrom said they would exchange disco dust for me but Honeymoon they can't do anything for me... They just said to send it back for a refund. ??????

Winthrop44

I'm so bummed... My Honeymoon and Disco Dust quads arrived cracked.. Nordstrom said they would exchange disco dust for me but Honeymoon they can't do anything for me... They just said to send it back for a refund. ������

Ugh, that's awful! Why the heck can't they do anything about Honeymoon if it's supposed to be perm? Well I guess you can just re-order it from Neimans. Sorry that happened to you though.

janjirrasan

Ugh, that's awful! Why the heck can't they do anything about Honeymoon if it's supposed to be perm? Well I guess you can just re-order it from Neimans. Sorry that happened to you though.

I don't know... At least offer to put me on a waiting list for it or something... The colors are gorgeous. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see when Neimans has it in stock again.

JerseyGirl

Does anyone know when the cream eye shadows are going to be released? Many of the shades are not available for pre-order anymore. I wasn't too impressed with the one I got from the summer collection, but recently I tried it again and it really worked well.

tobysmama

Not sure if this is the right thread to post it to but does anyone know if the Soleil Blanc Shimmering oil that just came out is the exact same thing from last year? I hate to wait in purchasing it then miss out like I did last year. I had to ask my mom to get it for me in Germany! I also don't want to buy any more (I got 2 bottles from last year) if it's gonna be the exact same scent.