Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

Who wants to try out this new foundation from MAC? It sounds pretty interesting!

If the lightest shade is a bit lighter than NW15, I shall give it a try. I finally want a foundation that matches, so I have some hope for this one.
    If you'd like to support our site with a subscription please go to this page:

Paid Subscriptions - Specktra

Quote Originally Posted by Naynadine View Post
    If the lightest shade is a bit lighter than NW15, I shall give it a try. I finally want a foundation that matches, so I have some hope for this one.
    THIS. I sooooo hope it's light enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post
    Who wants to try out this new foundation from MAC? It sounds pretty interesting!
    Me! This may be my first Mac foundation.

i will be trying it out. as usual i shall have to call mac and get them to send me a sample though which is a pain. unless i get to go near a mac store in the near future!

I hope they have NW and NC Matchmaster. One fits all only works to a small extent, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    PRO King of Blending

if it has a medium coverage and it's good for oily skin I could try it... I want to buy a good foundation for this autumn/winter
    NC 20-25, brown eyes, mahogany/brown hair, Team Peacocky, Team Extra Dimension, team HEAVENLY CREATURE!!

ALLURING AQUATIC http://make-up-deer.blogspot.it/2014/05/mac-alluring-aquatic-playland-e.html
    MY WEB SITE (photography) http://lauradariapezzini.com

I'm hoping for sheer/light coverage only. With all these extra primers/powders coming out, it will just be too much product and it ends up cakey, IMO. But most importantly, NW and NC shades please.
    PRO King of Blending

sounds good can wait for more info pic of the packaging, release dates i always at least try mac new foundations
    nc50, brown eyes, jet black hair, certified makeup junkie

kashantimakeupbag.wordpress.com

http://twitter.com/k_ashanti

http://instagram.com/k_ashanti

I'm curious about the 193 brush!

Yeah, new foundation brush.
    PRO King of Blending

Apparently, it comes in 14 shades and it will have SPF 15. Sounds pretty much like the color range of F&B. http://makeupandallthingsnice.blogspot.com/2011/06/macs-soon-to-be-new-release.html
    PRO King of Blending

Ingredients list for Matchmaster:

Source: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=47873

PRO King of Blending

^^ Thanks, I hope the range has lighter colours, F&B is just ok for summer.
    n1 - green-brown - ash gray

Quote Originally Posted by bis View Post
    ^^ Thanks, I hope the range has lighter colours, F&B is just ok for summer.
    I can't imagine that they would release a shade lighter than N1/C1 if there are only 14 shades in total. But F&B in White is your best friend for lightening up a too dark foundation.
    PRO King of Blending

hope they have lighter colors for the fair gyals here. Im done looking for foundation after finding mat velvet fromm MUFE

I also wish they did more neutrals since a lot of mac shades r either too pink or too peach/yello
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

Me too....I would like to have a MAC foundation in NC 10 because I would love to have a foundation that fits without using F&B white
    everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post
    hope they have lighter colors for the fair gyals here. Im done looking for foundation after finding mat velvet fromm MUFE

I also wish they did more neutrals since a lot of mac shades r either too pink or too peach/yello

#TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

Thanks! That's a very unusual ingredient list. It looks like they've taken great efforts to avoid some controversial ingredients they regularly use. I'll get a sample and test it off my face first because there are some ingredients I think I'm sensitive to.

I have an angled foundation brush and it's good for foundation (especially around the nose) but also for cream/liquid cheek products. I hope it's smaller than the 190.

i don't actually have a good foundation anymore because mine broke about a year ago... perhaps i shall invest in a new one?

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/176359/mac-matchmaster-foundation-discussion#post_2145253"]

I can't imagine that they would release a shade lighter than N1/C1 if there are only 14 shades in total. But F&B in White is your best friend for lightening up a too dark foundation.
    [/quote] I know, but that's two huge bottles I probably will never finish :dunno:
    n1 - green-brown - ash gray

I'm a total foundation junkie. I mean it's so bad, that I'm too embarrassed to reveal how many foundations I have, even here among other lovely fellow maniacs. But yeah, I'll probably just get this one too, I'm too curious. Oh, and I vote for NC10 too, it is so needed!

dont worry u aint alone. i have 5 :O
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBasset View Post
    I'm a total foundation junkie. I mean it's so bad, that I'm too embarrassed to reveal how many foundations I have, even here among other lovely fellow maniacs. But yeah, I'll probably just get this one too, I'm too curious. Oh, and I vote for NC10 too, it is so needed!

My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

i am excited about this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

i'm noticing alot of 'cones in there. maybe this will be good for us oily girls who need primers. maybe we can skip a step, for a limited time...
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 foundations seems to me like a minimal amount for a makeup junkie. I have waaay more than that If I could find exactly the ones I want then I would probably still need 5 for my different foundation needs.

I only have two - a winter and a summer version, though I usually have a few samples to test out new stuff. Especially my MAC store is quite generous with foundation samples, which last me forever. I'm pretty happy with what I use, so I am mostly excited about a new foundation brush - not that I need one, really ;-)
    PRO King of Blending

oh, I'm curious about the new foundation too. I don;t usually have the best luck with MAC foundations though. The only ones that I like are F&B and Pro Longwear.

Oh and add me to foundation junkies. I will not reveal how many I have on my dresser, but the number is a lot larger than 5 and that's just my summer shades!
    NW20-25/Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20/Nars Sheer Glow Santa Fe

Visit my blog: BeautySpot
    Twitter @Shadowy_Lady

Quote Originally Posted by ansimi View Post
    Thanks! That's a very unusual ingredient list. It looks like they've taken great efforts to avoid some controversial ingredients they regularly use. I'll get a sample and test it off my face first because there are some ingredients I think I'm sensitive to.
    I have an angled foundation brush and it's good for foundation (especially around the nose) but also for cream/liquid cheek products. I hope it's smaller than the 190.
    I'm a bit worried about the increasing number of foundations that have SPF. Don't get me wrong, I am all pro-SPF, but I don't want to double/triple up on SPF. My moisturizer has SPF 20, the new primers will have SPF 35. Why do I need a foundation with SPF 15? I'd rather have the option of choosing between one with SPF and an SPF-free one. It's very important to protect our skin with SPF, however, I don't think that overloading products with SPF is the solution either. The Matchmaster has similar SPF ingredients as the Studiomoisture Tint (Octinoxate), and it slightly stings when I apply it to my face. While I do not worry too much about it, it's certainly discerning.

PRO King of Blending

SPF's blocking abilities dont overlap or accumulate. you only get the protection of the highest of the products applied. So dont worry about that.

SPF's blocking abilities dont overlap or accumulate. you only get the protection of the highest of the products applied. So dont worry about that.
    You misunderstood my post. I am worried about the SPF chemicals that are added to each product. I do not need SPF in every product as it just irritates my skin. SPF in my moisturizer or my primer is enough.
    PRO King of Blending

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast