MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

liba

I tried MM again today with my beauty blender. The blender really does improve the application, but I'm finding MM just ok.

I had to do a second thin layer over my cheeks to better cover my natural redness. I think Clinique's Redness Solutions is a better fuller coverage choice for me; it does a better job of evening out my skin without being apparent. It's not a perfect colour match either because I need to warm it up just a titch, but finding a perfect shade that has just the right coverage and finish is elusive. So I mix shades together.

I won't repurchase this product. I'll try it again a couple of times and unless I like it more I'll BTM it. I have to be ruthless about taking up space for products I won't use.
I don't think MM is supposed to be full coverage - it's more medium coverage, but ok to layer. One thing about MM I do like, it wears down on the face in a very nice, even way. I think it honestly looks better on me after an hour or so, than immediately after applying. The color match is really good for me with it too, in winter.

I still like the new liquid Mineralize foundation better, but it's handy to have a more matte/biqsue finish foundation like MM around for formal situations.

emzy

I wear NC30 in Studio Sculpt but was matched to 4.0, I love how it applies and the coverage is nice. I want to try 3.0 though, maybe it will look better.

Athomasgsu

I used to swear by studio fix, but I love MM. Once I set it with translucent powder, it stays all day and looks so natural.

Audrey C

I was considering relegating mine to BTM when I dusted it off today and used it with a new Beauty Blender. I don't know what I did differently, but what a difference! I'm so hard to match in foundation and 1.5 is perfect on me. It's great for my oily t-zone too.

Angel007

I'm a SFF lover but had to try many different shades and yrs of wearing the wrong shade before finally being matched to the correct shade finally. Then happened upon MM 3 yrs ago as I went to the mac counter to get my face done for a wedding. Totally forgot about it til about 2 months ago I rediscovered MM 7.5. Absolutely LOVE this foundation. Will be a NC 50/ MM 7.5 girl from now on.
151d5cd9_image.jpeg

flamingobee

I was at my local MAC counter recently and I asked for a sample of the MM foundation in 1.5 to try out at home. Somehow I find that the 1.5 shade appears rather whitish on me even though I make sure that I buff it well with my Hakuhodo brush. My usual MAC foundation is PLW in NC20. Should I try the MM foundation in 2.0 instead? Has anyone here had a similar experience? I have oily and combination oily skin.

SomedayLuxe

I had the same problem. You will have to decide if you want to be a bit lighter and bronze up w/ a seperate product or a bit darker and really blend down the neck. You could always buy two and mix.
I was at my local MAC counter recently and I asked for a sample of the MM foundation in 1.5 to try out at home. Somehow I find that the 1.5 shade appears rather whitish on me even though I make sure that I buff it well with my Hakuhodo brush. My usual MAC foundation is PLW in NC20.  Should I try the MM foundation in 2.0 instead? Has anyone here had a similar experience? I have oily and combination oily skin.

sparklyy

does it emphasize too much the dry areas in the face? I'm terrible at liquid foundations, I can only wear BB cream

jpham

does it emphasize too much the dry areas in the face? I'm terrible at liquid foundations, I can only wear BB cream
Not that I've noticed, but I have pretty oily skin. If you have really dry skin I would probably stay away from this or try mixing with a bit of moisturizer.

DeAnn Smith

I can't imagine that they would release a shade lighter than N1/C1 if there are only 14 shades in total. But F&B in White is your best friend for lightening up a too dark foundation.
What is F&B in white? The link didn't work for me when I clicked on it. Thanks!

shellygrrl

Staff member
What is F&B in white? The link didn't work for me when I clicked on it. Thanks!
Just what Mac-Guy says: a white version of Face and Body (now known as Studio Face and Body, which may be why his link didn’t work for you). You can use it to mix with your liquid foundations to make it lighter. And if you’re super-fair and tough to match, having a white foundation in your collection is a very handy thing to have.

Sexy Sadie

I'm a SFF lover but had to try many different shades and yrs of wearing the wrong shade before finally being matched to the correct shade finally. Then happened upon MM 3 yrs ago as I went to the mac counter to get my face done for a wedding. Totally forgot about it til about 2 months ago I rediscovered MM 7.5. Absolutely LOVE this foundation. Will be a NC 50/ MM 7.5 girl from now on.

You look lovely.

Latest posts