MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

Spikesmom

What type of skin are you finding this works best on? I have trouble determining this with foundations by trying them on myself because my skin is normal and I can pretty much make anything work if that makes sense!

absolutely i have integrated more for darker skin tones. i have all kinda of different formulations of foundations because not just one foundation is gonna work for every client

LMD84

i still need to try this foundation out - most people seem to love it so i need to get my bum to a store to get matched!

paparazziboy

its great for oily skin that is what i use it for or for darker skin because of the spherical pigment that lets the natural skin color show so its easier to match

k to tha ron

I have experimented with several different brushes, and I love the 130 best with Matchmaster. Now that it's winter, I'm between a 1.0 and 1.5 so I have been mixing them. I also still feel it's too matte so I alternate between mixing with Pink Rebel or Strobe Liquid.

Like F&B, the MM goes on nicely when warmed up with hands, too.

How many of you MM users have noticed that it goes beyond oil control throughout the day and has actually calmed down your oil production?

So this foundation in 1.0 is paler than NC15? Perfect, thanks for sharing the info! I must try this one.
thmbup.gif
Was the application okay, did you use a regular foundation brush or? And did it wear well during the day?

paparazziboy

yes it's a very matte finish. but mixing foundation with it defeats the purpose of the technology because you're adding color to the foundation has a spherical clear particle in it that lets the natural coloring of the skin show though. its best to not mix it with other foundations just so you know. i love that u add strobe however its give the skin a really nice satin finish when mixed with mm

Edelmc

yes it's a very matte finish. but mixing foundation with it defeats the purpose of the technology because you're adding color to the foundation has a spherical clear particle in it that lets the natural coloring of the skin show though. its best to not mix it with other foundations just so you know. i love that u add strobe however its give the skin a really nice satin finish when mixed with mm

Oh I might have to try mixing it with strobe. I am nw10/15 and found 1.0 a perfect match and liked the coverage but hate matte finishes. I am a dewy skin girl at heart. I would love if they brought out matchmaker with different finishes. Do you recommend mixing with strobe liquid or cream?

martiangurll

thanks for that tip. this sounds like it would actually stick to my tzone. now I just have to go to the counter to get matched...

paparazziboy

thanks for that tip. this sounds like it would actually stick to my tzone. now I just have to go to the counter to get matched...

if you're really olily in the t zone area i recommend using skin refined zone or oil control lotion b4 match master. in the areas you feel your foundations slips.

makeupgrrl

if you're really olily in the t zone area i recommend using skin refined zone or oil control lotion b4 match master. in the areas you feel your foundations slips.
I really like using strobe cream on top of my foundation just where I want the dewiness. That way it doesn't sheer out all of my foundation.

Thia Winter

I bought this today....I'm an NC20 (on the lighter side of it though....I have to use a very light hand) in Studio Fix Fluid and NC25 in Studio Fix Plus. I was matched to 1.5 and it's PERFECT......I do want to give it a go with my OCL though because she used another moisturizer on me there, and I also want to try my Mineralized Gel Moisturizer with it. She topped with the Mineralized Powder Foundation and by the time I got home I had some breakthrough (not uncommon with my uber oily nose even though I lean more towards combination skin now) but I put some Blot powder on it and still don't have any oily breakthrough now over 4 hours later (which is very good for me!)

I'll update as I use it more.

Thia Winter

O....M....G.....

The true test will be at work next week, but so far....I think this has Holy Grail Potential. Which is really funny....I usually prefer more full coverage but I am finding that MM is better....I guess it's the diffusing properties in it. I didn't feel the need to conceal as much this morning as I usually do. I also noticed my lines are not as noticable too (again the diffusing properties) and even though I feared I had a heavy hand it looks and feels LIKE I HAVE NOTHING ON. I'm a finicky foundation user....I am used to powder foundations like mineral foundations but prefer more coverage and ease of use, and sometimes in summer my minerals start to bother my sensitive skin. I used my OCL, Prep + Prime skin and Blot powder to set. Even though I'm almost 38 I have oily skin and only some fine lines around my eyes but this made everything appear smoother. I have high hopes!

shadowaddict

I really wanted to love this foundation as the 1.0 was a pretty good match. But it just wasn't meant to be. It caused me to break out.

I have oily skin and yet it got cakey around my nose well pretty much my t-zone. I did not find it very long wearing on me.

liba

O....M....G.....

The true test will be at work next week, but so far....I think this has Holy Grail Potential. Which is really funny....I usually prefer more full coverage but I am finding that MM is better....I guess it's the diffusing properties in it. I didn't feel the need to conceal as much this morning as I usually do. I also noticed my lines are not as noticable too (again the diffusing properties) and even though I feared I had a heavy hand it looks and feels LIKE I HAVE NOTHING ON. I'm a finicky foundation user....I am used to powder foundations like mineral foundations but prefer more coverage and ease of use, and sometimes in summer my minerals start to bother my sensitive skin. I used my OCL, Prep + Prime skin and Blot powder to set. Even though I'm almost 38 I have oily skin and only some fine lines around my eyes but this made everything appear smoother. I have high hopes!
If you love Matchmaster and have oily skin, you NEED to try the marine moisturizing gel that's out with Lightfully underneath. I've been using it this past week and I think it will be a moisturizing revelation for people with oily and combo skin, plus it definitely adds extra clean glow to the skin. Matchmaster works best over well-moisturized skin and even for non-oily skinned people, the marine moisturizer might be the best combo with it, as far as creating a beautiful perfect finish goes.

martiangurll

If you love Matchmaster and have oily skin, you NEED to try the marine moisturizing gel that's out with Lightfully underneath. I've been using it this past week and I think it will be a moisturizing revelation for people with oily and combo skin, plus it definitely adds extra clean glow to the skin. Matchmaster works best over well-moisturized skin and even for non-oily skinned people, the marine moisturizer might be the best combo with it, as far as creating a beautiful perfect finish goes.

I have been using matchmaster over strobe and like the results A LOT. The exception is I don't use the strobe on my tzone so the fndn sticks there better. This does have HG potential. My only gripe and its a minor one, is I will have to mix 1. 0 and 1. 5 in the winter. I think 1.5 will work for the summer just fine but on my cadaverish winter skin it is a lil too yellow.

I do need a way to mattify my tzone to make the matchmaster stick there longer, maybe the prep & prime would work. (or I could try good ole M.O.M.)

Thia Winter

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try it. I have the Mineralized moisture gel too, I will try it with that as well.

Audrey C

I've been testing foundations all week (have purchased Face and Body in C2 so far) but wouldn't mind picking up a second with slightly more coverage. Thus far, I've tested the F&B, Pro Longwear NC25 (far too heavy feeling for me although I love the wear time), Studio Sculpt NC20 (also a bit too heavy for daily wear on its own). I went in for the Bay's Family and Friends event (10% all cosmetics for my fellow Canadians) and was picking up a couple of staples when the MUA asked if I'd ever tested Matchmaster. She matched me to 1.5; when she tested it against my jawline she said it just melted in. This particular MUA seems to think that I'm between NC 20 and NC25.

I came home and redid my makeup to test. It seemed light against my skin when I first dabbed it on but it did disappear into the skin as I buffed it in with my 130.

Do those of you who have this product still like it now that you've been using it a few months? I like that it's mattifying (my skin is combination in the winter months but oily in the summer) and doesn't seem too heavy. I'll give it a couple of days, but I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who own it.

Thanks!

sampantha7

Wow. Now I'm gonna have to try that moisturizer out! Thanks for the rec!

Hemons

I thought the same thing when I first tried match master. I'm a 1.0 and thought it was too light, but it does blend right in. I like it a lot. It's the only Mac liquid foundation I like. The others are either too heavy, orange, or dark on me.