MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

gracie90

I went to MAC today because I wanted to try MAC foundation. The MA tried a few on me and NW15 is the closest but was slightly too dark. So, she used MM in 1.0 and it was perfect! I can never find foundation pale enough for me so I was super excited :)
Unfortunately, they had ran out of sample jars so I could'nt get any to take home. She sent me the MAC counter in Debenhams to get a sample there, but they were all out of the pots too! The MA at Debs said they've been so low that they've also managed to use up all of the sample jars from Benefit and Clinique too
icon_eek.gif

I think I'll go in next week or the weekend to get a sample of MM, but will probs phone first so I don't go there for nothing!

sss215

What shade are you in MACs regular foundation color scheme? Also you did not set MM with powder would you say that it does not need to be set and that it is longwearing?
I have worn NW45, 47, NW50, NC50. in different formulas. All MAC foundations I have to try and see cause it varies so much.

I have to report on Day 3 later.

SatelliteDrmr

I have MM on right now, in 1.5. I'm about NW15. It's a bit too yellow for me, but my store didn't have 1.0 yet.

I have a very oily t-zone, and six hours in, the oil is still being held at bay It would be really slick by now if I was in my MUFE HD. Mind you, she slathered me in oil control lotion beforehand, so it's probably a combination of the products. I had a sample of OCL in the past, and it did nothing for me.

I got a sample, even though the colour is a bit off, so I can try it over the next few days (with no OCL underneath). If I like the formula, I will try 1.0 when they get it in. If I end up liking this, it will replace my MUFE foundations. I've had bad luck with MAC foundations in the past, though, so I am apprehensive.

sss215

I think I got a 2 small pimples, but I haven't worn foundation all summer. I think my skin is adjusting well, and it could be hormonal.

I have worn NW45, 47, NW50, NC50. in different formulas. All MAC foundations I have to try and see cause it varies so much.

I have to report on Day 3 later.
Day 3, yesterday. I wore the foundation with everything, blush, powder, fix+. I only got a little oily on my forehead, but everything else was cool. Funny thing about this foundation is that it changes my blush color. I wore NARS Gina which is tangerine... My cheeks during the day were coral red or something. Today I wore Notable and my cheeks ended up the same color. CRAZY. I will have to wear some DS brand blush with this foundation if that is going to happen. I don't want to waste my good blushes on a color changing foundation!

Today I wore 8.0 with MSFN. I was oily a bit in the morning, driving to work. I know it was the MSFN, cause that is what it does, in the humidity.During the day, the oil was kept at bay. I didn't blot. I do like this foundation for keeping the oil at bay. As far as color, 8.5 too red/orange, 8.0 to yellow. Of course the MA said to mix them, but I am not doing that. I am thinking about what to get. The 8.5 isn't too bad as it doesn't stay to red/orange throught out the day. Tomorrow I am going to set with Ben Nye Banana Powder, which is a pale, muted yellow. I hope that works!

mtrimier

I went to buy some face and body this morning and tried the MM. I didn't ask what number it was because i just didn't like the way it felt, but I believe he picked #3 for me since I'm paler now(NC30 now vs NC35 in the summah tiiiime, lol!). I still have it on half my face, and it wears okay, just feels powdery and heavier than I'm currently looking for; sticking with F&B.

martiangurll

I have MM on right now, in 1.5. I'm about NW15. It's a bit too yellow for me, but my store didn't have 1.0 yet.

I have a very oily t-zone, and six hours in, the oil is still being held at bay It would be really slick by now if I was in my MUFE HD. Mind you, she slathered me in oil control lotion beforehand, so it's probably a combination of the products. I had a sample of OCL in the past, and it did nothing for me.

I got a sample, even though the colour is a bit off, so I can try it over the next few days (with no OCL underneath). If I like the formula, I will try 1.0 when they get it in. If I end up liking this, it will replace my MUFE foundations. I've had bad luck with MAC foundations in the past, though, so I am apprehensive.

Oh thank you for posting that--I must try this now. My main problems are matching to my NW15 tone and tzone oil slick of doom and it sounds like this product handles up on both of those. I dont' mind if I have to buy an oilslick control product too...

sss215

Day 5: I applied the foundation (8.5), set with Ben Nye Banana Powder and I was pleased with the results. The banana powder took out some of the redness/orange, the foundation kept the oil at bay. I think its a good everyday foundation. It held up well. It think I am going to get it, it will be good for holiday functions when I am inside and its warm and the oilies start to come out. In the summer, I don't wear foundation, cause its too humid here. I would never look for foundation results in weather like that. So this works for me for the next 2 seasons I'll be in.

I will get it in a few weeks, there are a few more MAC items I want to haul and I will get my makeup done as well. I feel like all the money I spend on collections, its time to get some services! Unless I order online, I am going to get a makeover from now on with my purchases.

macgirl3121

Day 5: I applied the foundation (8.5), set with Ben Nye Banana Powder and I was pleased with the results. The banana powder took out some of the redness/orange, the foundation kept the oil at bay. I think its a good everyday foundation. It held up well. It think I am going to get it, it will be good for holiday functions when I am inside and its warm and the oilies start to come out. In the summer, I don't wear foundation, cause its too humid here. I would never look for foundation results in weather like that. So this works for me for the next 2 seasons I'll be in.

I will get it in a few weeks, there are a few more MAC items I want to haul and I will get my makeup done as well. I feel like all the money I spend on collections, its time to get some services! Unless I order online, I am going to get a makeover from now on with my purchases.
Kokofemme just did a video review of this in 7.5 and she sets it with the Ben Nye Banana Powder.

bstar

I tried Matchmaster in 1.0 which was a reasonable colour match for me. I find NW15/NC15 too dark. It definitely kept any oiliness under control. I did find that it sank into and highlighted my pores. I also felt that the brushstrokes were more visible. It wore quite well throughout the day. Overall I think I prefer a more natural/dewy finish rather than the matte/demi matte finish of this, or perhaps I'm not used to the heavier coverage. I normally wear either loose mineral powder or tinted moisturiser as they are what I have found in my colour. I would love something slightly heavier than what I have to cover my freckles a bit more.

SatelliteDrmr

Oh thank you for posting that--I must try this now. My main problems are matching to my NW15 tone and tzone oil slick of doom and it sounds like this product handles up on both of those. I dont' mind if I have to buy an oilslick control product too...

I tried it yesterday without Oil Control Lotion underneath. It fared pretty well. My T Zone is definitely an oil slick also. Once the oil breaks through, if I touch my forehead, everything just slides all over the place. Anyway, After 8-10 hours of wear, the only place I could feel/see oil was directly between my brows. The foundation had caked a slight bit where my brows "furrow" together. My forehead was glowing a bit, but was not the oil slick I'm used to. I didn't happen to notice if the colour had oxidized at all, because I wasn't under bright lights. I was cleaning out my closet last night, and I didn't notice any transferring on to any of the 23829 tops that I tried on, however, I didn't put much foundation on the outer reaches of my face, due to the yellowness. I dotted it through the middle, and spread it out from there.

Oh, and it blends into the skin beautifully, no streaking, no clinging to fine hairs, and it doesn't land in my pores.

Richelle83

Thanks for posting this!

Quote:Originally Posted by macgirl3121

Kokofemme just did a video review of this in 7.5 and she sets it with the Ben Nye Banana Powder.

sss215

is this a fuller coverage then? cause i dont like full coverage
No, low to medium coverage, very buildable. Compared to ProLongwear its much more lightweight. Its a tad heavier than SFF though.
Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder about setting powder. I don't know if one is needed with this foundation. The MA put the tiniest swipe of MSFN on my forehead and chin...and it looked great all day...no blotting. But when I used the careblend powder it made me oily......it could just be the wrong powder for my super oily skin but ...idk...????
Like MSFN, Careblend has properties in it that add moisture to the skin.

I didn't get oily like she did. I wonder if its because of the primer and concealer. I have worn this foundation with nothing underneath because of the special, "just like skin" technology. The only place I noticed any oil was above my brows and it was on the day I used the MSFN to set. MSFN is meant to add moisture to the skin. The Banana powder is awesome. I will wear it with this product.
I tried Matchmaster in 1.0 which was a reasonable colour match for me. I find NW15/NC15 too dark. It definitely kept any oiliness under control. I did find that it sank into and highlighted my pores. I also felt that the brushstrokes were more visible. It wore quite well throughout the day. Overall I think I prefer a more natural/dewy finish rather than the matte/demi matte finish of this, or perhaps I'm not used to the heavier coverage. I normally wear either loose mineral powder or tinted moisturiser as they are what I have found in my colour. I would love something slightly heavier than what I have to cover my freckles a bit more.
Try Fix+ to add some dew back in. I noticed the days I wore fix plus were the days I got a great glow!
I tried it yesterday without Oil Control Lotion underneath. It fared pretty well. My T Zone is definitely an oil slick also. Once the oil breaks through, if I touch my forehead, everything just slides all over the place. Anyway, After 8-10 hours of wear, the only place I could feel/see oil was directly between my brows. The foundation had caked a slight bit where my brows "furrow" together. My forehead was glowing a bit, but was not the oil slick I'm used to. I didn't happen to notice if the colour had oxidized at all, because I wasn't under bright lights. I was cleaning out my closet last night, and I didn't notice any transferring on to any of the 23829 tops that I tried on, however, I didn't put much foundation on the outer reaches of my face, due to the yellowness. I dotted it through the middle, and spread it out from there.

Oh, and it blends into the skin beautifully, no streaking, no clinging to fine hairs, and it doesn't land in my pores. 
its nice. After 5 days of wearing it, I am pretty convinced.

Ashleybubbles83

got matched up yesterday! i am a 9.0. wore it all day yesterday with no problems, even convinced a friend to go get matched and she bought her shade!

xasperadastra

I'm NC20-25....but at the store today I've asked for a sample of matchmaster and received one in number 3... it's a bit too dark ...

tismama

thanks for the info! i currently am in love with pro longwear. my skin is so sensitive and it's one of the only foundations i can wear all the time without it irritating my skin and the color is perfect. sometimes i find it hard to blend though, so i was looking for something new. i like a natural finish
its nice. After 5 days of wearing it, I am pretty convinced.

lady_photog

Ok so I FINALLY got my pretty little hands on this foundation lol. I love the texture of it, it's so creamy (kinda reminds me of pro longwear another favorite) and the coverage it's there. It's also long lasting and it doesn't make me oily in fact it controls it pretty well. Just make sure that you moisturize first that way your face doesn't feel tight. Anyways, I know you guys are wondering whether this foundation gives you a white cast when taking a picture well I took a few last night and it made me look like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all! Here's a picture so that you guys can see how it came out

That was wearing it for almost an entire day and it still looked good. I only had to basically blot once and that's it.
Hey Foxxy! What color did you get in MatchMaster?

shadowaddict

Thanks guys for all your reviews.

I was afraid this wouldn't be good for my super oily skin or be too dark for my super pale skin. I will give 1.0 a try. Hopeully they will have some sample jars.

Ashleybubbles83

what i noticed about the foundation was that it was lightweight but really buildable for full coverage. when i persuaded my friend to go into the store to check it out, she was hesitant because she said in the past MAC foundations left her either really pasty or way oily than normal, but i explained to her that while its a liquid foundation it has a powdery finish...the MA applied it on her and she wore it out the door haha