MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

foxxylatina07

Ok so I FINALLY got my pretty little hands on this foundation lol. I love the texture of it, it's so creamy (kinda reminds me of pro longwear another favorite) and the coverage it's there. It's also long lasting and it doesn't make me oily in fact it controls it pretty well. Just make sure that you moisturize first that way your face doesn't feel tight. Anyways, I know you guys are wondering whether this foundation gives you a white cast when taking a picture well I took a few last night and it made me look like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all! Here's a picture so that you guys can see how it came out

That was wearing it for almost an entire day and it still looked good. I only had to basically blot once and that's it.

Ashleybubbles83

looks fab!

Ok so I FINALLY got my pretty little hands on this foundation lol. I love the texture of it, it's so creamy (kinda reminds me of pro longwear another favorite) and the coverage it's there. It's also long lasting and it doesn't make me oily in fact it controls it pretty well. Just make sure that you moisturize first that way your face doesn't feel tight. Anyways, I know you guys are wondering whether this foundation gives you a white cast when taking a picture well I took a few last night and it made me look like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all! Here's a picture so that you guys can see how it came out

That was wearing it for almost an entire day and it still looked good. I only had to basically blot once and that's it.

sss215

I tried this out today. I was going to this weekend, but I wasn't feeling good, so since had to go to work today, I thought I's give it a go.

I applied it with the 109, same brush that was used on me in the store, same brush I used to use for SFF. Applied like a dream, smelled like SFF, so no problems there. The only thing is that the color, 8.5 seriously had that MAC red/orange thing going on. I was instantly turned off and started to wonder about the color range. Like what colors are for the NCs in this new number system. I personally rather put the orange/red back in. That was the first thing I wanted to note was that I disliked the coloring. Application time was about 8am. I didn't use a primer. I wanted to try this on my skin alone.

A few hours later, about 10, I checked the foundation out in the bathroom mirror. My skin looked brighter, and it wasn't oily at all. I would have needed to blot SFF at this time. Inside the work environment, where there is AC, everything seemed to work out fine. Having a cold, I had to blow my nose a few times and the color is transferrable... I will take that into consideration, because there are products out there are are not and I rather invest in them. That can be a huge dealbreaker and I wonder why non-transferrable technology could not have been incorporated into MM. Winter is coming (HA game of thrones, i'm am so into that show and book, excuse me) and I hate when my foundation finds its way to my scarfs. MM is not going to workout in this aspect).

Another test was how MM was going to fair in the humidity. About 12:30, I went to lunch. It was humid out, and I drove around a bit, sat in the car and I really didn't feel any dew or anything on my skin. Curious, I looked in my review mirror and I didn't see any need to blot.; nor was my skin orangey-red. All I could think about was trying this foundation tomorrow, and really focusing on how it looks and how longs it lasts, how my skin looks, etc. I was so busy at work and I gave MM some attention, but not enough.

So cons are , I did not like the color it was when I applied it. It was weird because I could see a clear contrast between my skin tone and the color of the foundation. Its transferrable.

Pros: it didn't appear to stay the color it was when I first applied it. My pores also seemed to be handled. No need to blot. Color seems to change, but I have to monitor that more. Not sure if I like the coloring. I will look closer tomorrow.

I am going to try it tomorrow, because I am not 100% convinced, yet. I will say that the coverage was pretty good, I am not big into full coverage so it works for me.

BadLeslie

I'm a pretty solid NC25 in Pro Longwear (though it's a hair peachy for me...I'm really yellow) and was looking to pick up a 2.0 when I went to the store the other day. I swatched shades 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0 next to the NC25 Pro Longwear on my hand and 2.0 ended up being much darker than I'd anticipated. 1.5 was a hair too light on my hand, but I had the SA put some on half of my face and it settled and blended in really nicely. The finish is beautiful...demi-matte, just like MAC describes it. I was sold, took it home with me, and wore it for the first time today. Again, I think it's a hair light but it's nothing a little bronzer can't fix and I expect to get even paler as the weather gets colder. I'm insaaaanely oily and unfortunately, it didn't perform as well as Pro Longwear does. The oil seemed to make it cake up a bit as the day went on. I'm kind of disappointed about that but I'm going to experiment with different moisturizers, primers, and setting powders. I'm sure I'll find a combination that works. Actually, I HAVE to find a combination that works --- other than the oil issue, I see this being the perfect everyday foundation.

Copperhead

I tried this out today. I was going to this weekend, but I wasn't feeling good, so since had to go to work today, I thought I's give it a go.

I applied it with the 109, same brush that was used on me in the store, same brush I used to use for SFF. Applied like a dream, smelled like SFF, so no problems there. The only thing is that the color, 8.5 seriously had that MAC red/orange thing going on. I was instantly turned off and started to wonder about the color range. Like what colors are for the NCs in this new number system. I personally rather put the orange/red back in. That was the first thing I wanted to note was that I disliked the coloring. Application time was about 8am. I didn't use a primer. I wanted to try this on my skin alone.

A few hours later, about 10, I checked the foundation out in the bathroom mirror. My skin looked brighter, and it wasn't oily at all. I would have needed to blot SFF at this time. Inside the work environment, where there is AC, everything seemed to work out fine. Having a cold, I had to blow my nose a few times and the color is transferrable... I will take that into consideration, because there are products out there are are not and I rather invest in them. That can be a huge dealbreaker and I wonder why non-transferrable technology could not have been incorporated into MM. Winter is coming (HA game of thrones, i'm am so into that show and book, excuse me) and I hate when my foundation finds its way to my scarfs. MM is not going to workout in this aspect).

Another test was how MM was going to fair in the humidity. About 12:30, I went to lunch. It was humid out, and I drove around a bit, sat in the car and I really didn't feel any dew or anything on my skin. Curious, I looked in my review mirror and I didn't see any need to blot.; nor was my skin orangey-red. All I could think about was trying this foundation tomorrow, and really focusing on how it looks and how longs it lasts, how my skin looks, etc. I was so busy at work and I gave MM some attention, but not enough.

So cons are , I did not like the color it was when I applied it. It was weird because I could see a clear contrast between my skin tone and the color of the foundation. Its transferrable.

Pros: it didn't appear to stay the color it was when I first applied it. My pores also seemed to be handled. No need to blot. Color seems to change, but I have to monitor that more. Not sure if I like the coloring. I will look closer tomorrow.

I am going to try it tomorrow, because I am not 100% convinced, yet. I will say that the coverage was pretty good, I am not big into full coverage so it works for me.
As for as the shades are concerned was 8.5 the only shade you sampled so far? I managed to get 2 samples in different shades. I really like that I haven't had to blot while wearing this foundation.

sss215

As for as the shades are concerned was 8.5 the only shade you sampled so far? I managed to get 2 samples in different shades. I really like that I haven't had to blot while wearing this foundation.
Yes. That was the one they gave me... the color is the equivalent of NW46 and NW47. I am going to try 7.5 and 8.0 this week.

califabulous

Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder about setting powder. I don't know if one is needed with this foundation. The MA put the tiniest swipe of MSFN on my forehead and chin...and it looked great all day...no blotting. But when I used the careblend powder it made me oily......it could just be the wrong powder for my super oily skin but ...idk...????

martiangurll

I am afraid 1.0 will be too pink and 2.0 way too dark after reading this thread. Too bad, I would have liked to try this

sss215

Day 2 of the foundation and I know I don't like the color and the way the foundation rubs off. Tomorrow I am going pick up a sample of #8 to remedy the color. As far as the foundation transferring, I am going to use either NARS loose powder in Mountain or MAC Select Sheer in NW50 to set. I don't know if that is going to make much of a difference. But I am willing to try because this foundation has kept my oily skin at bay. I like that. Also, the foundation kept my skin tone one color all day. Sometimes with foundation, I find some parts of my face tend to get oily or the foundation tends to fade a bit, leading me to touch up with powder during the day. I felt no need to retouch with this product. I really liked that. I am still on the fence about investing in the MM foundation, but I am noticing some good things about the technology in the product. I'm still testing and will report back.

Hersheykisseslv

What shade are you in MACs regular foundation color scheme? Also you did not set MM with powder would you say that it does not need to be set and that it is longwearing?

tismama

pro longwear is my HG right now in NW35 its the perfect match don't know if this is better? im running out of pro longwear

purplerinne

I haven't used that much setting powder since I've been wearing this. now it's just a little bit on my t-zone and that's it. no blotting all day!
Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder about setting powder. I don't know if one is needed with this foundation. The MA put the tiniest swipe of MSFN on my forehead and chin...and it looked great all day...no blotting. But when I used the careblend powder it made me oily......it could just be the wrong powder for my super oily skin but ...idk...????

SatelliteDrmr

I'm hoping that I can try this foundation tomorrow, during my appointment for the Fall Colour collection. If I like how it feels, I'll bring home a couple of samples. I haven't had the best luck with MAC foundations in the past. Hopefully this one can change that, as it's a few bucks cheaper than my MUFE foundations.