MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

2browneyes

Just got back from MAC....new foundation in bag :) I was matched with 7.5. So far, I'm pretty satisfied. I don't think I'm blown away by this foundation but I don't hate it either.

Mac-Guy

I'm 1.25 (mixing 1.0 and 1.5) and the color works very well. However, I feel there is way too much powder in the foundation, which tends to cake up on dry patches as the day goes on. I believe it might work well for someone with oilier skin, but as I have more dry skin, it is not a good match for me, IMO. Having said that, I got two large sample jars, which will allow me to test at least for two months (if I want to). While I will certainly will try to make it work, I don't think I will buy it, especially as I really like the BB, which gives me a nice and fresh finish and no caking at all.

martiangurll

I'm 1.25 (mixing 1.0 and 1.5) and the color works very well. However, I feel there is way too much powder in the foundation, which tends to cake up on dry patches as the day goes on. I believe it might work well for someone with oilier skin, but as I have more dry skin, it is not a good match for me, IMO. Having said that, I got two large sample jars, which will allow me to test at least for two months (if I want to). While I will certainly will try to make it work, I don't think I will buy it, especially as I really like the BB, which gives me a nice and fresh finish and no caking at all.

What shade do you use with the BB?

SatelliteDrmr

Well, it looks like my brief affair with Matchmaster is over. While I loved that it controlled my oil so well, and loved the finish, I woke up this morning to a big cystic type pimple above my brow, and I can feel pain in my chin where there's more coming. I get to start a new job today, with this all over my face. Thrilled. I can't say for sure that this is to blame, but as it is the only thing in my routine that has changed, it is the likely culprit. I may try it again in a couple of months, in 1.0, if my store gets it in.

Back to my Mat Velvet+, and the search for my HG foundation. I wish Illamasqua was more accessible here in Canada. I've heard wonderful things about their different formulas.

SatelliteDrmr

You guys no has Sephora? This is serious deprivation...

Doh. And this has coverage? Like a TM or you just using for Primer only???

We have Sephora, but they don't sell Illamasqua, Bobbi Brown, and a few other brands here. Also, if you try to order those brands online (from Sephora), it won't allow you to ship to Canada. I could order from the UK, but I'd like to try the product first.

Maybe some day I'll make a run across the border and get some samples.

tismama

i think i'll stick with my trusty pro longwear nw35! :) i always run back to that. my skin is so sensitive

martiangurll

We have Sephora, but they don't sell Illamasqua, Bobbi Brown, and a few other brands here. Also, if you try to order those brands online (from Sephora), it won't allow you to ship to Canada. I could order from the UK, but I'd like to try the product first.

Maybe some day I'll make a run across the border and get some samples.

I would be glad to do a CP for you for that so you don't have to leave the Great White North. Unless you want to! I don't get the lack of these brands to Sephora for Canada. I would certainly think there is enough demand.

SatelliteDrmr

I would be glad to do a CP for you for that so you don't have to leave the Great White North. Unless you want to! I don't get the lack of these brands to Sephora for Canada. I would certainly think there is enough demand.

Awww Thank You! I've never done one before, but I may take you up on it in the future. I am definitely overdue for a trip to the States though. I'm only 3 hours from Syracuse, so it's not too bad, if I have a lot of shopping to do. I may find myself down there for some Black Friday deals
eyelove.gif

amoreau25

I am a NW30..i tan year round, so I always buy it darker, my natural shade is NW20. I want to know if anyone that's NW30-NW25 has tried this? I bought the 3.0 b/c the sales girl was like"oh it will work here let me try it on your neck!"
eeksign.gif
I hate that, my neck is never the same tone as my face because I spray tan and indoor tan.

So needless to say I am worried it looks a little light...I haven't used it yet.....has anyone else with that shade found the right match? I prefer a really matte look that is thick and covers freckles well because it seems no matter how much Primer/foundation/concealer/power i use -- noting works..any suggestions?

cheerleader.gif

tismama

received 5.0 in a swap. i'm nw35 in pro longwear / nc40 in SFF/ NC42 in Mineralize Satinfinish. This looks like I have no foundation on which is nice, but it doesnt seem to last all day like Pro LW. this is easier to blend out than PLW though

Hello, I use this foundation since one month and i love it.
It is very comfortable, really. I have dry skin but with the T-zone becomes shiny during the day. With adequate hydration below (serum + cream and Clarins Liss minute base), it does not draw at all, is not uncomfortable. The result is flawless!
I apply it with my 130 brush.
My mac shade is NC20 in select tint-C1 in face and body et NW15 in studio fix fluid and my matchmaster shade is 1.5