Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

Chat here about the new collection where MAC are teaming up with Daphne Guinness.

I have a rather nasty feeling I'll have to skip this. It all depends on what my financial situation will be. If I can't get any sort of financial aid for next semester, I won't be buying any MAC for a rather long time. =/

Quote Originally Posted by ladyarwen View Post
    I have a rather nasty feeling I'll have to skip this. It all depends on what my financial situation will be. If I can't get any sort of financial aid for next semester, I won't be buying any MAC for a rather long time. =/
    i hope you manage to get some aid then - it's not easy for students at all anymore same thing happens in the uk. i only got a certain amount of student funding because my parents earned over a certain amount. which was stupid because they didn't pay for my things - i did it all on my own. i had to get a part time job and worked the 3 days when i wasn't at uni and then studied my ass off at night.

Clarity – one stunning MAC shadow - todays specktra blog post

Quote Originally Posted by ladyarwen View Post
    OT

I just read a few days ago that the Federal Pell Grant program has been/will be stopped. This sucks!
    PRO King of Blending

December huh? just when im back in Spain damn!
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

Ohio but I'm still a Pittsburgh girl at heart (go Steelers!)
    Hope I can get some of this as a little x-mass gift!
    anyone who says theres such a thing as owning too much makeup is insane

any approximate dates?I'm leaving the US December the 18th I could get lucky and get my hands on this? or is it post-Xmas?
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post
    OT

I just read a few days ago that the Federal Pell Grant program has been/will be stopped. This sucks!
    are you serious?! WOW...smh!

I can not wait to see the Color Story!

I hope that we will see a lot of bright colors....and maybe a special packaging?

#TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

OMG yes that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by MACina View Post
    I can not wait to see the Color Story!

I hope that we will see a lot of bright colors....and maybe a special packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post
    any approximate dates?I'm leaving the US December the 18th I could get lucky and get my hands on this? or is it post-Xmas?
    it's the 26th which means it will be out jan for the uk

OT

WHAT?!

damn! so it will have to be a skip. Cos im not buying it with spanish prices.

Quote Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post
    it's the 26th which means it will be out jan for the uk

Quote Originally Posted by Nicala View Post
    WHAT?!
    http://www.savvysugar.com/Federally-Subsidized-Loans-Graduate-Students-Taken-Away-18576179
    PRO King of Blending

Are you not around for Christmas? Just order it and then pick it up when you get back from Spain. Or are you moving permanently?
    PRO King of Blending

How many collections can MAC come up with in a year? It seems like we have had collection overload over the last few months. Especially this month! My wallet will still be recovering from September MAC purchases in Dec!

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    How many collections can MAC come up with in a year? It seems like we have had collection overload over the last few months. Especially this month! My wallet will still be recovering from September MAC purchases in Dec!
    We still have the big Holiday collection (50+ pieces), the (expensive) Couture collection, and usually MAC releases three collections just after Christmas. I wonder if Glamglass will be part of the three after Christmas or if we are lucky and get four. I vote for four. LE around Christmas are just divine.
    PRO King of Blending

yup i always love the festive collections and the ones that come after... chill is one of my faves

Quote Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post
    yup i always love the festive collections and the ones that come after... chill is one of my faves
    Somehow, I can smell piggies too
    PRO King of Blending

http://www.savvysugar.com/Federally-Subsidized-Loans-Graduate-Students-Taken-Away-18576179
    But of course, they don't want to raise taxes on the top 1% of Americans (the rich folks) so why not screw over the poorer folks...this is just getting ridiculous, seriously, I really don't understand why they won't raise taxes on them, our economy balance is totally off and this is a BIG reason why, the rich get richer the middle class and poor get poorer, soon the middle class will be non existent!

I digress...
    Depending on what comes out around this time I don't know what I will be getting, I have been slowing down with MAC, I am mostly looking at past collections and things I missed out on before I got into it.

We still have the big Holiday collection (50+ pieces), the (expensive) Couture collection, and usually MAC releases three collections just after Christmas. I wonder if Glamglass will be part of the three after Christmas or if we are lucky and get four. I vote for four. LE around Christmas are just divine.
    I'm usually a Fall collection girl, but since I've been a little nonplussed this year, I'm hoping for a few gems in the holiday and post-holiday launches.
    SAVE OUR SPECKTRA!!! The site is in serious need of your help- please consider making a donation to help offset costs

nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by m0rg3nst3rn View Post
    But of course, they don't want to raise taxes on the top 1% of Americans (the rich folks) so why not screw over the poorer folks...this is just getting ridiculous, seriously, I really don't understand why they won't raise taxes on them, our economy balance is totally off and this is a BIG reason why, the rich get richer the middle class and poor get poorer, soon the middle class will be non existent!
    I digress...
    Depending on what comes out around this time I don't know what I will be getting, I have been slowing down with MAC, I am mostly looking at past collections and things I missed out on before I got into it.
    OT

Yes, it really sucks for those who want to go to grad school as it will become so much more expensive, for both the private and public school level. The best bet is to have an outstanding GPA paired with a top GRE/GMAT to get full funding for grad school (while full funding probably barely covers the minimum, at least one won't end up with big loans).

With regard to buying items from older collections. I would treat it as if you go to an outlet store: Don't go there and think I need "X," because most likely you won't find it. Just keep an open mind what is offered on the sales thread and then buy it if the price is right.
    PRO King of Blending

Well I can breathe a tad easier...that's only for graduate students, and I refuse to take out loans anyway. Still an undergrad here. lol

im leaving the US till august 2012 (at least) on december the 20th. unles somebody here needs a spanish tranlator, instructor, teaching, or something from jan-aug...which i doubt.

The thing about the US is that even if im the best qualified person for a job, they wont take me cos I am not american

Are you not around for Christmas? Just order it and then pick it up when you get back from Spain. Or are you moving permanently?

Nooooo, you need to stay!!!

PRO King of Blending

Hm... I'd love pearlglide liners in jewel tone colors. ^_^
    "She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches with sad eyes, the slow dance of infinite stars." -Neil Gaiman

dont make me cry i dont wanna leave this country!

Piarpreet: Your leaving the US?! Until August of 2012?!
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FabDiva20
    Blog: http://www.fabdiva20.com
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/FabDiva20

Going on an alluring adventure with MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection while I can be playful with MAC Playful Collection!

really? O_________________O well... you can't find a job here also if you are italian ahahah ;P (ain't funny, I know!)

NC 20-25, brown eyes, mahogany/brown hair, Team Peacocky, Team Extra Dimension, team HEAVENLY CREATURE!!

ALLURING AQUATIC http://make-up-deer.blogspot.it/2014/05/mac-alluring-aquatic-playland-e.html
    MY WEB SITE (photography) http://lauradariapezzini.com

And that if i get into grad school in august.

Quote Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast