MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

princess sarah

Now that I have tried Pink Pigeon once it finally arrived... I am definately backing it up!! I just wish I new exact release date of it over here before it sells out. I have my store in Canada that I purchase from all my new releases but I do pay AUS price if I need it there and then and cant wait for it like brush cleaner and Fix+ or a voucher to spend.

I find it to be the opposite. At Myer I get ignored, while with DJ there's smiles and service.

Long time lurker coming out of hiding
th_hello2.gif

bstar

Yay, awesome surprise when i went to my MAC counter today (i had been told 9th of Jan as launch date) . Daphne Guinness collection in store! I hauled both blush ombres, Narcissus, Aurora and Interior Life. Loving Narcissus so much!!! Thanks for the recs everyone.

I also found out that my counter should be getting Gareth Pugh...i had written off that as not happening.
Ok, so I slipped and purchased some more... Circa plum, the remaining creamsheens, a narcissus BU and approaching storm. Oops! Whilst i hate Aussie prices, I like the experience of going in and playing with the products. Often by the time I have had a play in person things are sold out online in the US...also I get caught up in the 'have to have NOW' mentality! I am lucky, the girls at my Myer MAC counter are lovely. Very helpful indeed! Probably has something to do with why I mainly buy in store.

VampOwl

Interior Life quad has been on my mind the last few days! I've been so into gray makeup lately so Interior Life is looking really appealing. I better make up my mind quick before it sells out! How is everyone liking it?

bstar

Interior Life quad has been on my mind the last few days! I've been so into gray makeup lately so Interior Life is looking really appealing. I better make up my mind quick before it sells out! How is everyone liking it?
I have been using it quite a bit. The colours work nicely together. I find it is easy to make a more subtle look or tweak it slightly for more a more dramatic approach. For reference I am about NW10. I tend to pat eyeshadows on rather than swipe and haven't had texture issues with these shadows. Go for it!!

VampOwl

You are making Interior Life sound like a must-have! I am close to your skin tone, so hopefully the colors will work for me, as well
smiles.gif

I've also been thinking about picking up Nebula piggie. Does anyone know if Nebula runs more gray or brown?

Mac-Guy

I have been using it quite a bit. The colours work nicely together. I find it is easy to make a more subtle look or tweak it slightly for more a more dramatic approach. For reference I am about NW10. I tend to pat eyeshadows on rather than swipe and haven't had texture issues with these shadows. Go for it!!

Indeed, it's very easy to blend and use: light enough to make an impact on pale skin, but enough oompf to make it dramatic if desired.

ahoythere

On my skin (NW15 ish) I would say it is smack dab in the middle of the 2, but the shimmer reads more cool toned.
It's great because you can pull it either way....looks great with purples, taupes and silvers, but also just as good with bronzes, browns and neutrals!

You are making Interior Life sound like a must-have! I am close to your skin tone, so hopefully the colors will work for me, as well
smiles.gif

I've also been thinking about picking up Nebula piggie. Does anyone know if Nebula runs more gray or brown?

Prettypackages

I think that the colors in this collection work so nicely together that I'm thinking of getting interior life quad. I love Red Dwarf, Narcisus, and Vintage Grape. I keep forgetting to pull out my pigments. LOL

bstar

Yeah, it was a really cohesive collection. I am glad that I picked up several pieces as I can mix and match them all together in different combinations without being concerned that they won't work.

martiangurll

Received my CP from Daphne and I love Approaching Storm l/s. It is a lovely burgundy red on me with a slight metallic shimmer, which I neutralized with Pop Mode lipgloss.
love.gif

cno64

It depends.
Nebula, at least to me, looks more brown in the jar, but applied very lightly to my NW15 skin, it becomes a soft grey.
If I apply too much, it shows up as a very dark almost black brown.
So it can go either way, depending on how it's applied, and what you wear with it.

cno64

Received my CP from Daphne and I love Approaching Storm l/s. It is a lovely burgundy red on me with a slight metallic shimmer, which I neutralized with Pop Mode lipgloss.
love.gif
While I like Approaching Storm, I don't quite love it.
I wish it looked more red on me. I don't see any shimmer in mine, either.
In fact, I put a light coat of Baby's On Fire Dazzle lipstick over it, to make it more red, and add some shimmer.
I'm NW15, by the way.

martiangurll

Nebula pulls cooler and more blue/grey on me, could be my greyish blue eyes do that (I am NW15). To get any of the brown from it, I have to layer with a brown based PP or cream shadow and usually pair it with yellow based brown e/s (Outre works great for that)

BuickMackane

Thread necro!!!

I just saw that Narcissus CSG is still available on the Selfridges website! Wooooo!

Any non-UK Specktrettes bought MAC (or any cosmetics, for that matter) from Selfridges? It would be really helpful to know how much shipping I can expect to pay before I give their customer services a call and place my order. I'm trying to convince myself not to bother if the shipping costs as much as the product itself. lol.

TIA
flower.gif

MRV

Thread necro!!!

I just saw that Narcissus CSG is still available on the Selfridges website! Wooooo!

Any non-UK Specktrettes bought MAC (or any cosmetics, for that matter) from Selfridges? It would be really helpful to know how much shipping I can expect to pay before I give their customer services a call and place my order. I'm trying to convince myself not to bother if the shipping costs as much as the product itself. lol.

TIA
flower.gif
I don't know (UK Department Stores usually take about 15, a few less than 10 GBP), but do let us know when you find out.

BuickMackane

I don't know (UK Department Stores usually take about 15, a few less than 10 GBP), but do let us know when you find out.
Will do :)

Only I haven't got round to calling them yet. I'm moving to a new place (need to be out of my current flat tomorrow) and it's absolute CHAOS! I hope Narcissus won't have left the building by the time I get round to calling CS.

Latest posts