MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

martiangurll

I wore my Azalea Blossom blush today and I was very impressed with the 10hrs of wear I got without any fading! I used Lightscapade as the highlight and it worked wonderfully!.

One bad thing i did notice, i clean my brushes every time i used them, i noticed a film form before my eyes while i rubbed a clean brush across the top of my blush so i had to run a large powder brush over it a few times to clear off the film and spray with beauty so clean and this was the first time I had used it........ bit disappointed but after that it worked perfectly

This makes me want it MORE

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy
I believe a new p/p called "Fog Effect" will be released soon. It should be right up you alley.
flower.gif

That sounds exciting! Do you know what collection this will be in?

Sappheiros

Three days ago I went to my MAC counter and got VG, Narcissus, Aurora and Nebula!
I totally fell in love with Narcissus, it's perfect even if I wear it with lip liner, l/s or alone
eyelove.gif

So, today I went to another counter to get a BU of Narcissus and Endless Night, but I ended up getting Azzalea Blossom, Circa Plum and the nail polish! The MUA there
created a look using AB and CP and it rocked!!!
What can I say..
angelic.gif

PinkBasset

I think Mac did a great job with Aurora, for me it was the star of this collection (along with Circa Plum and Azalea Blossom, but those I had already), that over all was too heavy and muddy for my taste. I love dark colours and wear them often, but these felt not very modern or exciting, they were almost dirty in a bad way. And no, I still don't like Narcissus. But the promo picture is gorgeous!

Edelmc

I have been wearing it alot lately with bare study as a base and a bit of kid eye shadow in the crease. A fab natural polished look

SMMY

Actually the only thing I picked up from this collection was the Aurora pigment. I was hoping I could use it as a backup for my Coco pigment, as I'm down to about less than half a jar. While the texture is the same (super smooth and creamy) and it's a really lovely neutral, it's not a dupe of Coco, unfortunately. It's a lovely and slightly darker and warmer taupe, while Coco is a silvery and paler taupe. I don't regret the purchase in the least, because it is beautiful everyday, no brainer neutral. Just warning people that while really lovely, it's not really a dupe for Coco, if that's why you're purchasing it. On the other hand, if you're looking for an everyday, easy to wear warm taupe with great texture and pigmentation, this is it.

PrettyKitty

Actually the only thing I picked up from this collection was the Aurora pigment. I was hoping I could use it as a backup for my Coco pigment, as I'm down to about less than half a jar. While the texture is the same (super smooth and creamy) and it's a really lovely neutral, it's not a dupe of Coco, unfortunately. It's a lovely and slightly darker and warmer taupe, while Coco is a silvery and paler taupe. I don't regret the purchase in the least, because it is beautiful everyday, no brainer neutral. Just warning people that while really lovely, it's not really a dupe for Coco, if that's why you're purchasing it. On the other hand, if you're looking for an everyday, easy to wear warm taupe with great texture and pigmentation, this is it.
That's weird, I find Coco to be slightly darker and warmer than Aurora!

SMMY

That's weird, I find Coco to be slightly darker and warmer than Aurora!
My Coco is cool silvery taupe goodness, which is what makes it such a unicorn for me. I picked it up on a whim at a CCO, back in 2006 and it's become the one item (along with Chanel's Coco Pink hydrabase lipstick) that I will absolutely mourn when there is no more of it. :( I wonder if there is a difference in lots? My Coco lot no. is A25. Is your's the same?

PrettyKitty

I just checked, yes mine is A25 too! I bought mine at the pro store but I don't think it would make a difference. That's really strange. The base color is darker (you can see it at a certain angle), but maybe because it's shinier, it looks lighter? Aurora have a mauve undertone on my skin compared to Coco. Maybe it's my skin.. I have olive undertones.

SMMY

I just checked, yes mine is A25 too! I bought mine at the pro store but I don't think it would make a difference. That's really strange. The base color is darker (you can see it at a certain angle), but maybe because it's shinier, it looks lighter? Aurora have a mauve undertone on my skin compared to Coco. Maybe it's my skin.. I have olive undertones.
Could be, I think I'm a neutral. I'm somewhere between and NW20 and NC20. Every time I go to MAC and they match me for a new foundation, it seems like it switches to one or the other. On me, the Coco is definitely more a silvery cool taupe. It really isn't a problem, because I love the texture and color of both Aurora and Coco and I can always use more neutrals, but I had hoped my elusive search for a Coco replacement might have finally come to an end.

rubytitania

You know, I hate to say it but I'm not 100% sold on Aurora.

It looks stunning swatched on my hand, but on the eyes it pulls strangely warm - almost turning a kind of light coppery, pinky brown. Not what I was looking for at all! I need to try it over some different bases.

The other two pigments I love. The other day I wore Stray Gray Paint Pot with Circa Plum on the lid, French Grey in the crease and Nebula in the outer corner and it was really pretty :)

ahoythere

I am right there with you! It is too warm and coppery for me as well, but I have decided to keep it since the texture is so great and I will just use it to mix into smaller batches of custom colors. If you have any blue or cool toned pigments try mixing a bit of those with it to cool it down (Azreal Blue, Blue Storm, Aire de Blue, Silver Fog, Emerald Dusk, etc).

You know, I hate to say it but I'm not 100% sold on Aurora.

It looks stunning swatched on my hand, but on the eyes it pulls strangely warm - almost turning a kind of light coppery, pinky brown. Not what I was looking for at all! I need to try it over some different bases.

The other two pigments I love. The other day I wore Stray Gray Paint Pot with Circa Plum on the lid, French Grey in the crease and Nebula in the outer corner and it was really pretty :)