Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 Last

MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

So I saw on Temptalia about this new collection coming out with Chen Man of Mineralize Eyeshadows in a Ying Yang shape.

ORIGINAL SOURCE:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mac-cosmetics-celebrates-chen-man-133241018.html

BEIJING, Nov. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ --A tantalizing twist of art, color and fantasy comes to life as the world's leading professional make up brand, M.A.C Cosmetics prepares to launch a cosmetics collaboration with China's foremost fashion photographer, Chen Man. Inspired by Chen Man's vision, the upcoming collaboration with M.A.C features an extraordinary campaign visual shot by Chen Man. The M.A.C for Chen Man collection will feature limited edition mineralize eye shadows emblazoned with a yin/yang design and will be available globally at M.A.C outlets from March 2012.

NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

Mineralize Eyeshadows with the ying yang shape.... they'll be duos I guess, but I'm thinking they might crack easily? I'm exited though that MAC is expanding outside america and europe. I know they've done it before but... still is nice.
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

I'll be curious to see what comes of this, but honestly, the more I use MES, the more issues I seem to have with them irritating my eyes. I suspect I may end up passing, even if they're really nice.
    SAVE OUR SPECKTRA!!! The site is in serious need of your help- please consider making a donation to help offset costs

nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

I'm really excited for this one. Haven't heard of Chen Man before to be honest, but the pictures that pop up when you google the name look absolutely stunning. I'm sure the promo pic for this collection will too.
    MES with yin yang design sound lovely, I have a feeling I will like this collection a lot, the colours of the products and the overall theme. Can't wait for more info!
    SPECKTRA NEEDS YOUR HELP!
    Please take a moment to read this and make a donation if you can!

I was hoping this would be bring me out of MAC hiding.... Nah. I'm not a huge MES lover since I prefer matte eyes, and especially not duos.... I'll be curious to see what they look like though! And if there are some other products coming out, we'll see. <3
    NW15//Music Addict//Team Insomnia//Team Purple//Team Gray

Just eyeshadows...boooo. The pics of her photography are very vibrant full of colors all over the face, but there just doing eyeshadows. Lame.
    I'm still in my awkward phase....bear with me -_-
    #TeamPurpleOCDHoarderPigment/Glitterwackadoo

Oh wow, I'd never heard of Chen Men before but her photography is amazing! Too bad the collection isn't going to be larger, it would be cute to see a yin / yang symbol on some lipstick packaging, or a compact I might actually have to pick up some MES though, I've always managed to skip them in the past!

This collection sounds interesting, can't wait to see pic.s and swatches of products next year.
    http://chanel-makeup-confidential.chanel.com/en_US/media/mail/img/love-letters.gif

I cannot wait for more info on this collection! The MES with the yin yang design sounds amazing but I'm hoping that the MES will be nice to buy.
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FabDiva20
    Blog: http://www.fabdiva20.com
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/FabDiva20

Going on an alluring adventure with MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection while I can be playful with MAC Playful Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post
    Information taken from T

"A tantalizing twist of art, color and fantasy comes to life as the world’s leading professional make up brand, M.A.C Cosmetics prepares to launch a cosmetics collaboration with China’s foremost fashion photographer, Chen Man. Inspired by Chen Man’s vision, the upcoming collaboration with M.A.C features an extraordinary campaign visual shot by Chen Man. The M.A.C for Chen Man collection will feature limited edition mineralize eye shadows emblazoned with a yin/yang design and will be available globally at M.A.C outlets from March 2012. — "
    Just give the original source some credit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mac-cosmetics-celebrates-chen-man-133241018.html
    PRO King of Blending

Ohio but I'm still a Pittsburgh girl at heart (go Steelers!)
    Can't wait for this!!!!!! love MES and the yin yang sounds so cute!!!!
    anyone who says theres such a thing as owning too much makeup is insane

If it's just the MESes, I'll probably skip.

Oh- ha. xD Way to read the description, Salina. *hits self* Okay. So it's just MES. TOTAL skip. !!!
    NW15//Music Addict//Team Insomnia//Team Purple//Team Gray

....wow,sooooo pretty!!!

The MES look super lovely....I can not wait!!!
    #TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

I`m not so much into mes, I haven`t found one that didn`t disappointed in a way or other. They are really beautiful, but that`s just it, they stay looking beautiful in my drawer. I started selling mine and only kept the special colors. But I do like some of the colors mac comes up with so i`lll keep an eye on this too
    My make up page https://www.facebook.com/ilovemakeup.ro

Quote Originally Posted by laylalovesmac View Post
    Oh- ha. xD Way to read the description, Salina. *hits self* Okay. So it's just MES. TOTAL skip. !!!

MAC NC15 • Team Pink

More MES? Mac are going mental for it lately... I'm not sure yet, I'm picky with these shadows if they aren't different and standout but I do like the design of duos in ying yangs
    Mac makes me stand out in all the black and challenges those that don't get 'it' http://starlingbright.blogspot.com - Haven for Makeup & Metal... A Chicks Opinion :yeah:

Quote Originally Posted by princess sarah View Post
    More MES? Mac are going mental for it lately... I'm not sure yet, I'm picky with these shadows if they aren't different and standout but I do like the design of duos in ying yangs
    oh that would be so cute!

so tired of MES every 5 minutes. would love some good quality quads.
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohio but I'm still a Pittsburgh girl at heart (go Steelers!)

Quote Originally Posted by sss215 View Post
    While I do like MES I agree I would like some stellar quads, my dream would be an all veluxe pearl quad
    anyone who says theres such a thing as owning too much makeup is insane

I don't think that there is an overload of MES - maybe it just feels like it. SP was in June, GI in October, and Naturally is in Jan. But there were plenty of non-mineralize products in between.

MAC will certainly produce what sells and lots of people seem to be more into MES and/or buy all of them rather than regular e/s.
    PRO King of Blending

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post
    I don't think that there is an overload of MES - maybe it just feels like it. SP was in June, GI in October, and Naturally is in Jan. But there were plenty of non-mineralize products in between.

MAC will certainly produce what sells and lots of people seem to be more into MES and/or buy all of them rather than regular e/s.
    you think? compared to 2010, we've seen tons of MES. Don't forget the perm (or semi-perm) MES released that will be available for a year on counters or in stores. Then perm at pro. I feel like I am missing regular shadows. I think its an excuse for MAC to sell newer product at a higher price point. There is nothing super special about MES, especially for the skin around the eyes, and some of them are glitter bombs and have a inconsistent color payoff. So tired of them.
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you think? compared to 2010, we've seen tons of MES. Don't forget the perm (or semi-perm) MES released that will be available for a year on counters or in stores. Then perm at pro. I feel like I am missing regular shadows. I think its an excuse for MAC to sell newer product at a higher price point. There is nothing super special about MES, especially for the skin around the eyes, and some of them are glitter bombs and have a inconsistent color payoff. So tired of them.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree with you on the price. More money for MAC.
    PRO King of Blending

I would like to see the yin yang design but ill have to see swatches.
    A girl should be two things; classy and fabulous.
    Coco Chanel
    [NW20/NC25-NC30, black/brown hair, light brown eyes]
    http://beautyincolourmissah.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MACcrazy View Post
    While I do like MES I agree I would like some stellar quads, my dream would be an all veluxe pearl quad
    I'd be so on board with an all veluxe pearl quad.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyarwen View Post
    Same here!

sounds dreamy! hee hee! i'd be down with that!

I like mes, but I hope they start doing more regular shadows soon. But again I have an abundance of UD shadow palettes I need to use, so guess its for the best.
    ♡Team Purple♡ Lipstick Addict/ Pigment, ED, & Shadow Lover/ Musicaholic MUFE HD 117 Instagram: singer_82- add me!

Really wish they'd stop selling this garbage, I hate MEs, not smooth, crappy color payoff, usually crappy colors. Give me real eyeshadows please. D= I have 4 so far and the glitter ones were decent but still faded majorly after they dried, the other 2, it seemed the more I put on, the less pigmented they were. Oh well, guess it's better since I need to stop buying so much makeup now anyway.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 Last