MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Mac-Guy

... time for a new thread
flower.gif

Release Date 12/26

I am woman: fearless, elegant, strong. We love women who strike powerful poses, stand out, redefine the notion of beauty – and do it with an inner/outer strength that`s irresistibleand impossible to ignore. Colour is a vehicle for women to flex their femininity and MAC`s new collection reflects this state of mind and style. It starts with dramatic eyes defined by two Eye Shadow Quads that sculpt and highlight, precision Penultimate Eye Liner and extra-volumizing Opulash. Lips pump up with vivid colour to project power while Powder Blush in natural tones softly chisels cheeks. And, nailing it for overall presentation, MAC`s high-gloss Nail Lacquer.
Lipstick
Party Parrot – Bright red pink (Matte) °
Pink Pigeon – Bright cleanest pink (Matte) °
Strong Woman – Bright violet (Matte)
Absolute Power – Rich red (Matte)
Firm Form – Gilded black with gold pearlized pigments (Matte)
Lip Pencil
Embrace Me – Vivid pinkish fuchsia °
Lasting Sensation – Brights coral ~
All Woman Eye Shadow x4
Flawless Figure – Pale warm shimmering white (Veluxe Pearl)
Brains & Brawn – Mid-tone taupe (Matte)
All Woman – Greenish dark grey (Satin)
Black Magique – Deep dark black with warm tones (Velvet) °
Inner Strength Eye Shadow x4
Lithe Spirit – Palest white pink (Satin)
Inner Strength – Light cool mauve taupe (Matte)
Fabulous Fit – Mid-tone cool grey (Matte)
Heatherbelles – Deep charcoal (Satin) °
Penultimate Eye Liner
Rapidblack – True black ~
Kohl Power Eye Pencil
Feline – Rich black ~
Technakohl Liner
Graphblack – Rich graphic black ~
Mascara
Opulash – Bad, Bad Black ~
Powder Blush
Taupe Shape – Satiny taupe
Poised – Muted pinkish brown
Nail Lacquer
Muscle Tone – Pale neutral nude (Cream)
Triumphant – Mid-tone cool brown (Cream)
Brush
168 Brush – Large Angled Contour Brush (Natural Fibre)
275 Brush – Medium Angled Shading Brush (Natural Fibre)

Mac-Guy

Funny and/or sexy names of products always catch my attention :)

Muscle Memory will be mine
eyelove.gif

liba

hey sorry i haven't been around to answer more questions - i had a laptop explosion and am adjusting to a new one, with a very different new operating system, etc.

I wish I could remember the name of this darn collection - it isn't directly a name with Muscle in it hehe, but there is a product called Muscle Memory, lol. I was in at my MAC store again today but I was so totally exhausted and they were very busy so I didn't want to pester about looking in the book again for more details.

I'll go back into the Early Buzz thread and get the link to my post about some of the colors and products - it really sounds fabulous, and that promo image is just so insanely crazy and awesome!!!

Mac-Guy

hey sorry i haven't been around to answer more questions - i had a laptop explosion and am adjusting to a new one, with a very different new operating system, etc.

I wish I could remember the name of this darn collection - it isn't directly a name with Muscle in it hehe, but there is a product called Muscle Memory, lol. I was in at my MAC store again today but I was so totally exhausted and they were very busy so I didn't want to pester about looking in the book again for more details.

I'll go back into the Early Buzz thread and get the link to my post about some of the colors and products - it really sounds fabulous, and that promo image is just so insanely crazy and awesome!!!
Thanks, liba. I'll rename the thread as soon we get the name.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I`m excited about 2013, I always loved the January collections
I was thinking back on it and these have been big hits for me for the last few years. I really liked Love Lace/ Warm & Cozy, then the Champale/ Stylishly Yours (some of my favourite pigments!) and of course Naturally/ Iris Apfel. So the Muscle Lady/ Tuxedo collections totally have my attention. I also love the fact that Mac does these at a time when other companies are just relaxing between holiday collections and their Spring launches. It's like a little pick-me-up to get you through the darkest days of winter.

lovesongx

The promo pictures for these are outrageous, one has a woman in a rubber ball gown with freaking enormous body builder arms and upper body, doing the classic muscle man pose. All the names are muscle related, like "Muscle Memory" hahahaha.

The body builder muscle one has a a couple of quads too, one including a new "warm" black that sounds tempting. Again, there are some vampy purple and fuchsia lipsticks and a SPARKLING BLACK LIPSTICK - this is the one we had that photo of being applied to a model's lips a while back from these past runway shows. Excuse me for forgetting the name but when I saw it, I got hot and bothered and the description makes it sound even better. Also REVENGE IS SWEET lipglass is BACK, so get in line baby!!!!!!!!! Frankly I was overwhelmed with how both of these two collections sounded - they are MY KINDA WONDERFUL!!!
Quote taken from this post. It looks like we're expecting:

Lipsticks:
Vampy purple
Fuschia
Sparkling black (!)

Lipglass:
Revenge Is Sweet

Eyeshadow quads:
Warm black

Hopefully we will get more info soon!

OctoberViolet

Tx so much lovesongx!!! I'm getting all three lipsticks, maybe the lipglass and I'm very interested in this black quad.
choochoo.gif

Quote taken from this post. It looks like we're expecting:

Lipsticks:
Vampy purple
Fuschia
Sparkling black (!)

Lipglass:
Revenge Is Sweet

Eyeshadow quads:
Warm black

Hopefully we will get more info soon!

Latest posts