Theme Makeup with a Purpose

mkoparanova

I managed a fall look last night----grey & burgundy. I'm most excited that I've now completely used the 'shade' side of Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. Sadly, I didn't touch the illuminate side, a cream highlighter that I absolutely hated. I would purchase the product again if they sold the shade portion in a separate compact!!

EYES:
UDPP Anti Aging Formula
MAC Custom 15 Shadow Palette (Self made/Meddy) Shades of Grey
Scene to lids
Nehru to crease & lower lash line
Copper Plate to transition
Becca Opal to highlight brow and inner corners
MAC Blacktrack to upper lash lines
Chanel Chanel Stylo Yeux WPLL Eyeliner, Ardoise (Steel Grey)to waterline
Giorgio Armani Eye & Brow Maestro to fill brows

FACE
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat’ Blur Primer
GiorgioArmani Luminous Silk Foundation 8.5 mixed w/ Chanel Soleil Tan de’ Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid, Sunkissed
Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate #2, Shade only, set w/ Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder

MAC Prep & Prime Eye Highlighter, Bright Forecast in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage

Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Duo Intensity #2 shade portion only, as base for Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder
Becca Opal to highlight facial high planes
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Plum Attraction 63 (Burgundy)
MAC Mystery Powder, Dark Secretto set foundation
Guerlain Météorites Voyage Enchanté Illuminating Matte Powder - Winter Fairy Tale Collex to finish

MAC Fix + Lavender Makeup Setting Spray

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
Christian Louboutin Lip Definer, Ada (Brown-black)
Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Very Privé 410S (Burgundy)

NAILS:
Dolce & Gabbana Grey Pearl 150

You're beautiful! I love everything about this look.

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]With Saturday's look I finally managed to incorporate colors that are more germane to the season as well as, use new products for the first time, that I've literally had for months.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]EYES:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]UDPP Anti Aging Formula [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Chanel[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] Tissé D’ Automne ( 254) [/COLOR]     [COLOR=0000FF] Golden Olive[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]to inner 2/3 third lids[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Dark Olive to crease & lower lash line[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Rusty Brown to transition[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Peach to highlight brow[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]The Balm, Mary Lou Manizer to highlight brow and inner corners[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Blacktrack to upper  lash lines  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Chanel Stylo Yeux WPLL Eyeliner, Ardent (rust) to waterline[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Giorgio Armani Eye & Brow Maestro to fill brows[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]FACE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat’[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Blur Primer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk  Foundation 8.5 mixed w/ Chanel Soleil Tan de’ Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid, Sunkissed[/COLOR] MAC  Pro Sculpting Cream, Coffee Walnut to contour, then set w/  [COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Prep & Prime Eye Highlighter, Bright Forecast in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder,  Banana Visage[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]The Balm, [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Mary Lou Manizer[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] to highlight facial high planes[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Dolce & Gabbana, Luminous Cheek Colour, Sole 15 (Bright Orange)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mystery Powder, Dark Secret to set foundation[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Météorites Voyage Enchanté Illuminating Matte Powder - Winter Fairy Tale Collex[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]to finish[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Fix + Lavender Makeup Setting Spray[/COLOR]   [/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]LIPS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Christian Louboutin Lip Definer, Mya [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Youpiyou (Blood Orange)- 510 S[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]NAILS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Dior Tie Dye (Orange-Red) 858[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Yay! How do you like Tisse D'Automne?

Medgal07

I only have the creamy concealer and the Light reflecting powder - tbh I can live without them. That's too bad about the brush! I had an ebay copy of it years ago before my obsession started
lol.gif
I didn't have any problems - it was very very soft.

I love, love, love the light reflecting powder---that was an EO recommendation. I have both loose and pressed but I prefer the loose------good stuff!!!

blush-anim-cl.gif
Thanks so much.

Medgal07

Yay! How do you like Tisse D'Automne?
It kicks up a bit of powder but I LOVE it. The perfect olive green-----I live for it, and this is it. I can't believe how long it took me to get to this palette.
I also like that it will work with pink lips, nude lips and all ranges of orange lips. It's a great palette!!!!

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   It kicks up a bit of powder but I LOVE it.  The perfect olive green-----I live for it, and this is it.  I can't believe how long it took me to get to this palette.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I also like that it will work with pink lips, nude lips and all ranges of orange lips.  It's a great palette!!!![/COLOR]
I'm so glad you love it!!

mkoparanova

I love, love, love the light reflecting powder---that was an EO recommendation. I have both loose and pressed but I prefer the loose------good stuff!!!

blush-anim-cl.gif
Thanks so much.
I have the pressed one - it's in one of my bags and I always forget to use it. I'll try to wear it this week.

Shars

I managed a fall look last night----grey & burgundy. I'm most excited that I've now completely used the 'shade' side of Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. Sadly, I didn't touch the illuminate side, a cream highlighter that I absolutely hated. I would purchase the product again if they sold the shade portion in a separate compact!!

EYES:
UDPP Anti Aging Formula
MAC Custom 15 Shadow Palette (Self made/Meddy) Shades of Grey
Scene to lids
Nehru to crease & lower lash line
Copper Plate to transition
Becca Opal to highlight brow and inner corners
Chanel Chanel Stylo Yeux WPLL Eyeliner, Ardoise (Steel Grey)to waterline

FACE
GiorgioArmani Luminous Silk Foundation 8.5 mixed w/ Chanel Soleil Tan de’ Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid, Sunkissed
Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate #2, Shade only, set w/ Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder

MAC Prep & Prime Eye Highlighter, Bright Forecast in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage

Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Duo Intensity #2 shade portion only, as base for Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder
Becca Opal to highlight facial high planes
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Plum Attraction 63 (Burgundy)
Guerlain Météorites Voyage Enchanté Illuminating Matte Powder - Winter Fairy Tale Collex to finish

LIPS:
Christian Louboutin Lip Definer, Ada (Brown-black)
Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Very Privé 410S (Burgundy)

NAILS:
Dolce & Gabbana Grey Pearl 150

LOVE Very Prive on you! It goes really well with the slight smokey eye look.
I notice you seem to use the MAC mystery powder sometimes. How do you like it and how would you say it is similar too or different from other setting powders you use? I was interested in getting it when they repromoted it last year but I never got around to buying it.

montREALady

I only have the creamy concealer and the Light reflecting powder - tbh I can live without them. That's too bad about the brush! I had an ebay copy of it years ago before my obsession started
lol.gif
I didn't have any problems - it was very very soft.

Yes, she's gorgeous. I can't get over it whenever she posts a pic
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

It's overloaded!
girlhaha.gif
You wouldn't think that I ordered stuff during the 30% mistake sale lo.
And YAY!! I know you love Peach Mosaic! I actually wore it yesterday. Did I tell you that you needed Pink Mosaic as well?
girlhaha.gif

LOVE Very Prive on you! It goes really well with the slight smokey eye look.
I notice you seem to use the MAC mystery powder sometimes. How do you like it and how would you say it is similar too or different from other setting powders you use? I was interested in getting it when they repromoted it last year but I never got around to buying it.
Thanks Shars---I love my MAC grey eye shadows---they'r like comfy old slippers that you want to keep forever!!!
I love the Mystery Powder because of the color match---so perfect for me, the silky texture and the flawless look that it gives.

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF]I managed a fall look last night----grey & burgundy.  I'm most excited that I've now completely used the 'shade' side of Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate.  Sadly, I didn't touch the illuminate side, a cream highlighter that I absolutely hated.  I would purchase the product again if they sold the shade portion in a separate compact!![/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]EYES:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]UDPP Anti Aging Formula [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Custom 15 Shadow Palette (Self made/Meddy) Shades of Grey[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Scene to lids[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Nehru to crease & lower lash line[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Copper Plate to transition[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Becca Opal to highlight brow and[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] inner corners[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Blacktrack to upper  lash lines  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Chanel Stylo Yeux WPLL Eyeliner, Ardoise (Steel Grey)to waterline[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Giorgio Armani Eye & Brow Maestro to fill brows[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]FACE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat’[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Blur Primer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]GiorgioArmani Luminous Silk  Foundation 8.5 mixed w/ Chanel Soleil Tan de’ Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid, Sunkissed[/COLOR] Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate #2, Shade only, set w/  [COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Prep & Prime Eye Highlighter, Bright Forecast in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder,  Banana Visage[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Duo Intensity #2 shade portion only, as base for Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Becca Opal to highlight facial high planes[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Plum Attraction 63 (Burgundy)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mystery Powder, [COLOR=0000FF]Dark[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Secret[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR]to set foundation[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Météorites Voyage Enchanté Illuminating Matte Powder - Winter Fairy Tale Collex[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]to finish[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Fix + Lavender Makeup Setting Spray[/COLOR]   [/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]LIPS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Christian Louboutin Lip Definer, Ada (Brown-black)[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Very Privé 410S ([/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Burgundy)[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]NAILS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Dolce & Gabbana[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] Grey Pearl 150[/COLOR]
Absolutely positively beyond stunning Meddy! :heart:

Icecaramellatte

With Saturday's look I finally managed to incorporate colors that are more germane to the season as well as, use new products for the first time, that I've literally had for months.

EYES:
UDPP Anti Aging Formula
ChanelTissé D’ Automne (254)
Golden Olive to inner 2/3 third lids
Dark Olive to crease & lower lash line
Rusty Brown to transition
Peach to highlight brow
The Balm, Mary Lou Manizer to highlight brow and inner corners
Chanel Chanel Stylo Yeux WPLL Eyeliner, Ardent (rust) to waterline

FACE
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 8.5 mixed w/ Chanel Soleil Tan de’ Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid, Sunkissed
MAC Pro Sculpting Cream, Coffee Walnut to contour, then set w/ Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder

The Balm, Mary Lou Manizer to highlight facial high planes
Dolce & Gabbana, Luminous Cheek Colour, Sole 15 (Bright Orange)

LIPS:
Christian Louboutin Lip Definer, Mya
Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Youpiyou (Blood Orange)- 510 S

NAILS:
Dior Tie Dye (Orange-Red) 858
Yay! You used the Tisse Automne palette. I think you won't be able to put it down.

Icecaramellatte

I went light on makeup today.

Face
Mac Waterweight in NC44 and NC45
Becca concealer and eye brightener

Eyes
Tom Ford liquid eyeliner on upper lash line
UD perversion to tightline
Chanel Mascara - I think Ultra Noir

Cheeks
Nars Despair palette - Esoteric - orangey color - 1st time using this palette. Yay!
Cle De Peau highlighter # 13

Lips
Chanel Captivante

Debating on a nail color presently.

Shars

My weekend round up:

Saturday:

EYES:
NYX Eye and Eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown for middle and tail.
Maybelline Expert Wear eye pencil in Dark Brown to fill in
Sleek Sunset Palette (shimmery burgundy and rose gold colours for inner and outer lid, the black for the crease), KVD wolf and cleopatra from the Ladybird palette to soften the crease. Random BH cosmetics shade for brow highlight
Inglot AMG Gel Eyeliner - 77
UD All Nighter Eyeliner (waterproof) on bottom water waterline with KVD wolf and the corresponding upper lid colours from the Sleek Sunset Palette smudged into it and in tear duct.
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara - I only realised on Saturday that I have a million and one mini mascaras and a few full size ones and NONE of them are waterproof!! I was going to the beach and didn't have one single waterproof mascara.
ohboy.gif
I have to rectify that.

FACE:
Rimmel Stay Matte primer in 003 (the colourless one)
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation (w/ SPF20) set with MUFE Pro Finish multi-use powder foundation in 174
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande set with Ben Nye Translucent Powder in Topaz
Bronzer: Covergirl Queen Ebony Bronze
I so don't remember what blush and highlight I wore.

LIPS:
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Caramello over Limecrime Liquid Lipstick in Riot. I wanted a more beigy nude and Riot is wayyy too terracotta so Caramello made the perfect balance.

NAILS: My OCC Black Dahlia nail polish was chipping but I was too tired to change it so I just put an Essie nail polish in 408 Wrapped in Rubies.

Lesson of the day: Only my brow products and concealer can survive swimming with turtles in goggles and snorkles and lasting a second stop to view a sunken ship and coral reefs. The lipstick only lasted until the second stop. It was faded after lol. Some of the foundation persevered but not totally.

Here's a pic of me wearing my Caramello/Riot lip combo. I was having too much fun and didn't remember to take a pic without my sunglasses so no pics of my eye look :( lol.

Medgal07

My weekend round up:

Saturday:

EYES:
Sleek Sunset Palette (shimmery burgundy and rose gold colours for inner and outer lid, the black for the crease), KVD wolf and cleopatra from the Ladybird palette to soften the crease. Random BH cosmetics shade for brow highlight
Inglot AMG Gel Eyeliner - 77
UD All Nighter Eyeliner (waterproof) on bottom water waterline with KVD wolf and the corresponding upper lid colours from the Sleek Sunset Palette smudged into it and in tear duct.
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara - I only realised on Saturday that I have a million and one mini mascaras and a few full size ones and NONE of them are waterproof!! I was going to the beach and didn't have one single waterproof mascara.
ohboy.gif
I have to rectify that.

FACE:
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation (w/ SPF20) set with MUFE Pro Finish multi-use powder foundation in 174
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande set with Ben Nye Translucent Powder in Topaz
I so don't remember what blush and highlight I wore.

LIPS:
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Caramello over Limecrime Liquid Lipstick in Riot. I wanted a more beigy nude and Riot is wayyy too terracotta so Caramello made the perfect balance.

NAILS: My OCC Black Dahlia nail polish was chipping but I was too tired to change it so I just put an Essie nail polish in 408 Wrapped in Rubies.

Lesson of the day: Only my brow products and concealer can survive swimming with turtles in goggles and snorkles and lasting a second stop to view a sunken ship and coral reefs. The lipstick only lasted until the second stop. It was faded after lol. Some of the foundation persevered but not totally.

Here's a pic of me wearing my Caramello/Riot lip combo. I was having too much fun and didn't remember to take a pic without my sunglasses so no pics of my eye look :( lol.

Weekend round up??? All I can see is that pretty face w/the sun beating down on you and that gorgeous ocean behind you.
thud.gif
Packing my bags
th_happy1.gif

Shars

Sunday AM:

EYES:
UDPP and NYX white eyeshadow base in the pot form
Random colours from the Viseart Editorial Brights palette. Random gold eyeshadow from LORAC Unzipped palette for brow highlight. @Prettypackages, I'm not sure I was happy with the intensity of the yellow and green shades on my lids but the other colours performed really well in my crease so I'm going to try them again with another base.
Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner - 77 for upper liner and wing
UD Velvet Matte 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Plushie Crave on bottom water waterline - I'm not impressed with these UD Velvet Matte pencils apart from the brown one (crave) and the moss green one (cult). The others do not last at all in my waterline compared to what I get with the other regular UD pencils and those other two velvet matte ones. I'm wondering if that's why UD has them on clearance when they were only launched last year around this time.
Benefit They're Real mascara

FACE:
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF 325 set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark (I'm struggling to determine whether I like this Illamasqua foundation. The first time I wore it, it was amazing. Now I'm not so sure. I may need to try with a different setting powder and different mattifying primer. It didn't work out that well on its own.)
Blush: Again I can't remember
Highlight: Pretty sure I used The Balm's Betty Lou Manizer

LIPS:
MAC Red (satin)

Sunday PM:

EYES:
UD Primer Potion
The top right hand burgundy colour from the Viseart Dark Mattes palette with the second to left shade in the top row for my crease and outer v and the far left brown on the top to soften the crease. I believe I used my regular random BH cosmetics shade for brow highlight.
Inglot AMC Gel Liner - 77 for upper liner and wing
UD Velvet Matte 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Crave on bottom water waterline with the corresponding shades from the Viseart Dark Mattes palette smudged into it. I used one of the gold/champagne shades from the LORAC Unzipped palette in the tear duct.
Benefit They're Real mascara

FACE:
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF 325 set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark (Was amazing again last night - so confused)
Blush: MAC x Simpsons powder blush in Sideshow You (LE)
Highlight: A layering cocktail of TheBalm's Betty-Lou and Mary-Lou manizers

LIPS:
Melt's Ultra Matte lipstick in Laced with MAC's Cork lip pencil to cancel out the greyness. It was a little more grey than I was expecting but I still really like it.

I NEVER remember to take selfies
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts