Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. #1

    NARS Satin Lip Pencils

    Hello!

    I think it's probably best to create a topic solely for the Satin Lip Pencils as the spring 2013 thread has 9 pages already and the collection isn't even out yet.

    [Available: US – Mar. 15 2013 / Global – Apr. 1 2013]
    - Palais Royal
    - Majella
    - Hyde Park
    - Golshan
    - Het Loo
    - Luxembourg
    - Jardin Des Plantes
    - Yu
    - Lodhi
    - Rikugien
    - Isola Bella
    - Biscayne Park
    - Floralies



    [Posted 08/09/2012 and 10/09/2012 by Aquamarine1543]
    - Hyde Park (For a similar effect, try Maldives Multiple)
    - Floralies (For a similar effect, try Tashkent Pure Matte Lipstick)
    - Biscayne Park (For a similar effect, try Cruising Lipstick)

    http://talkingmakeup.com/beauty/nars...g-spring-2013/
    http://www.themakeupdivas.com/2012/0...im-spring.html



    [Posted 14/09/2012 by MarieMary]

    Biscayne Park Satin Lip Pencil

    http://nymag.com/thecut/2012/09/beau...illip-lim.html



    [Posted 07/11/2012 by MarieMary]

    Screencaps made my me for the specktra community, please credit this thread.




    Screencaps made my me for the specktra community, please credit this thread.




    Screencaps made my me for the specktra community, please credit this thread.

    http://vimeo.com/48550278





    (from left to right)
    Palais Royal
    Majella
    Hyde Park
    Golshan
    Het Loo
    Luxembourg
    Jardin Des Plantes
    Yu
    Lodhi
    Rikugien
    Isola Bella
    Biscayne Park
    Floralies

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NARS-Sat...item19d80fca4e

  2. #2
    They all look beautiful!

  3. #3
    Veteran Moderator katred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mtl.qc.ca
    Posts
    7,291
    Good grief. Looking at these photos, I'm potentially interested in a lot:

    Palais Royal
    Hyde Park
    Golshan
    Luxembourg
    Jardin Des Plantes
    Yu
    Rikugien

    Obviously I can't get all of those, but I'm trying to pick a couple of shades that would work well on my skin tone.
    nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

    Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by katred View Post
    Rikugien
    Obviously I can't get all of those, but I'm trying to pick a couple of shades that would work well on my skin tone.
    Those are the exact same shades I picked for myself. :P Probably because we have a similar skintone. I might definiteily pass on a couple of those, because the darkest shade depicted on eBay looks way darker in the promotional video, and it would be too vampy for me.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    Those are the exact same shades I picked for myself. :P Probably because we have a similar skintone. I might definiteily pass on a couple of those, because the darkest shade depicted on eBay looks way darker in the promotional video, and it would be too vampy for me.
    Tell me about it! I'll pass some dark shade too.:P

  6. #6
    Senior Member Shadowy Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,950
    These are gonna be perm right? I sure hope so, there are way too many I like:

    - Palais Royal
    - Majella
    - Hyde Park
    - Golshan
    - Biscayne Park
    - Rikugien
    NW20-25/Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20/Nars Sheer Glow Santa Fe

    Visit my blog: BeautySpot
    Twitter @Shadowy_Lady

  7. #7
    The gorgeous Julie Benz wore Luxembourg Satin Lip Pencil to the Gold Meets Golden Event.
    Be sure to check every site since it looks different on every photograph. I like the ones from her official FB page.
    http://www.facebook.com/OfficialJulieBenz
    http://darklydexter.com/gallery/julie-benz-attends-gold-meets-golden-event/
    http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/photo-d%27actualit%C3%A9/actress-julie-benz-attends-the-gold-meets-golden-photo-dactualit%C3%A9/159387581

    Source: http://www.hautestreet.com/featured/...ent-at-equinox (automatic music player btw)


    @ Shadowy Lady: They're permanent, I'm sure. To my knowledge NARS has never launched a brand new extended line and made it LE. I even bet they would release several new shades this year, like they did with the LTL Long-Wear Eyeliners.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    The gorgeous Julie Benz wore Luxembourg Satin Lip Pencil to the Gold Meets Golden Event.
    Be sure to check every site since it looks different on every photograph. I like the ones from her official FB page.
    http://www.facebook.com/OfficialJulieBenz
    http://darklydexter.com/gallery/julie-benz-attends-gold-meets-golden-event/
    http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/photo-d%27actualit%C3%A9/actress-julie-benz-attends-the-gold-meets-golden-photo-dactualit%C3%A9/159387581

    Source: http://www.hautestreet.com/featured/...ent-at-equinox (automatic music player btw)


    @ Shadowy Lady: They're permanent, I'm sure. To my knowledge NARS has never launched a brand new extended line and made it LE. I even bet they would release several new shades this year, like they did with the LTL Long-Wear Eyeliners.
    Cool!
    Btw, is it really Luxembourg?
    It's much redder than I expected!

  9. #9
    That's what the source says.

    Btw, I was so used to your previous avatar that I didn't recognize you for a minute. :P

  10. #10
    Salma Hayek wore NARS make-up at the Golden Globes. On her lips her MUA applied Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil.

    Source: http://www.temptalia.com/salma-hayek-2013-golden-globes-photos-makeup-dress-hair


    Katharine McPhee also wore NARS, and she had Biscayne Park Satin Lip Pencil on her lips (and a wondeful smokey eye!). It looks like a beautiful neutral everyday color.

    Source: http://www.oldergirlbeauty.com/katherine-mcphee-at-the-2013-golden-globes/


    And if you want hi-res pictures to check out the color and the finish, here you go. I selected pictures with different lightings so you can evaluate the color more accurately. Source for the pictures: http://celebutopia.net/forum/index.php?board=279.0

    Salma Hayek:
    http://imgbox.com/adqqi0ml
    http://imgbox.com/abbiW4Br
    http://imgbox.com/acl7K919

    Katharine McPhee:
    http://imgbox.com/acwxnsgI
    http://imgbox.com/abxNd54x
    http://imgbox.com/act3M0Z6

  11. #11
    Based on the Red Square, maybe Lodhi is mid-toned orange, right? or maybe nude-peach like Bolero?
    I love Crusing soooo much. I'll def. get Biscayne Park!

  12. #12
    I think the orange comes from Red Square, it's quite a vibrant orange red. It's like Lodhi "softened" the lip look. So maybe Lodhi is more of a peachy beige? It's really hard to tell because the flash on the eBay picture is modifying all the colors.

    I hope we get official information soon. And swatches.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    I think the orange comes from Red Square, it's quite a vibrant orange red. It's like she has a softened Red Square on her lips. So maybe Lodhi is more of a peachy beige? It's really hard to tell because the flash on the eBay picture is modifying all the colors.

    I hope we get official information soon. And swatches.
    Yep, that's why I thought it could be similar to Bolero.
    and based on the pic of 13 lip pencils you posted, it looks like peach and doesn't look intense/vivid color.
    Beside, Nars already said Floralies look alike Tashkent l/s which is pure beige, so I don't think Lodhi is just beige.

    and I think Palais Royal is def. red or maybe burgandy and Majella could be vivid orange-red like Red Square.

  14. #14
    Hihi, you must have edited while I was typing, because I didn't see the Bolero comment. :P

    I agree, I think that based on the cap, Palais Royal is the darkest color. But still, sometimes the cap color isn't exactly accurate. I need official information, now! :P

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    Hihi, you must have edited while I was typing, because I didn't see the Bolero comment. :P

    I agree, I think that based on the cap, Palais Royal is the darkest color. But still, sometimes the cap color isn't exactly accurate. I need official information, now! :P
    ...We NEED official color story right now!!!
    Besides, the reason why we need it asap is I'm sure we want to narrow down our wish lists.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543 View Post
    ...We NEED official color story right now!!!
    Besides, the reason why we need it asap is I'm sure we want to narrow down our wish lists.
    What? Noooooo! That's not the reason at all.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    What? Noooooo! That's not the reason at all.


    Btw, I think the model doesn't wear Luxembourg.
    Maybe the model wears Jardin Des Plantes which is little lighter and pinker than Luxembourg.

  18. #18
    I really think the source is legit. Joey Tierney is the creator of Haute Street Daily (if I'm not mistaken), and she's one who styled Julie Benz for the event.
    Maybe you can ask Kelsey Deenihan, the MUA, on twitter? https://twitter.com/KDeenihan/status/290178993766928385

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    I really think the source is legit. Joey Tierney is the creator of Haute Street Daily (if I'm not mistaken), and she's one who styled Julie Benz for the event.
    Maybe you can ask Kelsey Deenihan, the MUA, on twitter? https://twitter.com/KDeenihan/status/290178993766928385
    I believed what Julie Benz wore!
    I mean the model from the pic above. She also wears a hot pink l/p, but the l/p she wears looks different from the one Julie Benz wore (I think both colors are different), so that's why I thought the l/p the model wears is Jardin Des Plantes or sth.

  20. #20
    Oh wow, I'm sorry, I misuderstood you completely. :P Sales season has officially fried my brain.

    You're right, those seem to be different colors, and Jardin des Fleurs is close. March is too far away!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    Oh wow, I'm sorry, I misuderstood you completely. :P Sales season has officially fried my brain.

    You're right, those seem to be different colors, and Jardin des Fleurs is close. March is too far away!
    It's ok. Btw, how's the shopping?
    Yes, March is too far away. But Nars usually doesn't give us much information unlike other brands, so that's why it makes us much more curious all the time!!!

  22. #22
    The shopping's fine, thanks! I hate the crowd, but I made some great deals that early on, so I'm really glad about that. I'll send you a private message to tell you about that, because it's off-topic. :P

    I guess we can wait until early march to get the official color story. But I'll try and dig up information before then.

  23. #23
    JulieBenz wore Biscayne Park to the Golden Globes Weinstein Company After Party.
    http://imgbox.com/acfGzMfF

    Source for the info: http://instagram.com/p/UebJtcQj4i/
    Source for the picture: http://celebutopia.net/forum/2013-golden-globe-awards/julie-benz-2013-golden-globes-weinstein-company-after-party-%28jan-13%29/

  24. #24
    You know, I just found out NARS said Floralies is similar to "Pressed powder". Pressed powder...it cracked me up honestly.
    (They also said it's similar to Tashkent l/s. You can see the description above.)
    Now I'm def. sure Floralies is pure beige/nude-toned. Maybe almost flesh/skintone color!

  25. #25
    I talked with a manager today and she said there're burgandy, red (intense red), orange (like Red Square l/p) and hot pink (like Mexican rose and I think it's Luxembourg) colors of 13 lip pencils. She said it's not NARS if they don't have these kind of intense colors.lol
    and she said the texture is between gloss lip pencil and matte lip pencil. They're really pigmented just like matte lip pencils, but glossy finish!


    and another news is she said gel eyeliners and brow gel (right?) is coming out after the summer collection and the cream compact foundation will be released after the fall collection. Yes, the information we already knew turned out to be true!

  26. #26
    at the very least 6 of these will be mine.
    looking for Mac Love Goddess please and thank you

  27. #27
    Thaks for having a reliable source confirm this, Aquamarine1543.
    I created topics for the cream compact foundations and the gel eyeliners.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    Thaks for having a reliable source confirm this, Aquamarine1543.
    I created topics for the cream compact foundations and the gel eyeliners.
    No problem.
    What other items did we already know except for gel eyeliners and the foundation?
    Ah! I forgot to ask about new primer.:S Maybe I'll ask her when I see spring collection in around 2 weeks or so.

  29. #29
    Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF15, and the Eybrow Pencil/New Brow Pencil. I'm not sure if they just changed the name for the eyebrow pencils, or if they changed the formula, added shades, etc...

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF15, and the Eybrow Pencil/New Brow Pencil. I'm not sure if they just changed the name for the eyebrow pencils, or if they changed the formula, added shades, etc...
    She said something related to eye liners and eyebrow will come out after the summer collection, so I think they all will be released on the same month (or a couple of months just like pressed and loose powder.)
    Oh and she said new shades of TM will come out too, but she had no idea when it is. But we already knew it's in the beginning of March.lol

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •