NARS Satin Lip Pencils

MarieMary

So I went to my Nars counter yesterday and tested every single one of these on my lips and ended up walking out with Luxembourg. I loved so many of them though. I know I want Lodhi, Yu and Golshan eventually as well. But to me Luxembourg was the best shade of them all. It's such a sophisticated pinky red and it brightens my complexion.

Here is Luxembourg on my lips:

You're right, it brightens up your whole face. :) It's a great color on you.

Out of curiosity, have any of you entered the #NARSLips challenge on Instagram? They've announced the winners (by the way, lenamonster has got to be one of the luckiest person *ever*!), and I'm curious to see what you came up with. Here's my Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/badampschit (I don't use Instagram much, if at all, I prefer regular photography).
Here are the submissions: http://statigr.am/tag/narslips
And here's NARS's official Instagram: http://instagram.com/narsissist

leahrenae

I am itching to get 'floralies', 'lodhi', and 'yu'
but I just know there's a MAC dupe somewhere in my stash... can anyone confirm dupes?
if this has been previously discussed, point me to the right page :)

Miss QQ

Yu is close to Girl About Town from some comparison swatches I've seen online.

I wore Yu and it is intense. It is more difficult to apply precisely than Schiap, because it is softer and the pencil tip is round and not sharp. But I like the texture, it seems to glide on.

RaymondKurzweil

I wore Yu and it is intense. It is more difficult to apply precisely than Schiap, because it is softer and the pencil tip is round and not sharp. But I like the texture, it seems to glide on.
Yep; I swatched Yu a couple of days ago and was disappointed to find it looks just like Girl About Town on me. Because of my pigmented lips, Luxembourg looked like Impassioned on, but when swatched on my hand, it was this beautiful, deep watermelon.

califabulous

i tried on lodhi it is gorg... how are you all finding the texture once worn? I appears to become more of a stain once the glossy finish wears off, no? I think that's ok because I didn't notice it became blotchy or patchy. just a beautiful stain.

Shadowy Lady

Yep; I swatched Yu a couple of days ago and was disappointed to find it looks just like Girl About Town on me. Because of my pigmented lips, Luxembourg looked like Impassioned on, but when swatched on my hand, it was this beautiful, deep watermelon.
weird Luxembourg looks nothing like Impassioned on me and I own both. Impassioned is much warmer and neon coraly pink on me but Luxembourg is red with strong pink tones. I posted a swatch of it above...if anything Luxembourg looks more like Chanel Famous on me. I have pigmented lips, they're quite red naturally.

I guess one has to try these in person before purchasing :D

RaymondKurzweil

weird Luxembourg looks nothing like Impassioned on me and I own both. Impassioned is much warmer and neon coraly pink on me but Luxembourg is red with strong pink tones. I posted a swatch of it above...if anything Luxembourg looks more like Chanel Famous on me. I have pigmented lips, they're quite red naturally.

I guess one has to try these in person before purchasing :D
That is weird; the only thing I can think of is my skintone is darker than yours and my lips are more of a burgundy color than red or pink naturally. Still, you'd think that'd make it darker. Maybe I should just invest in some lip erase, because Luxembourg was the one pencil I wanted (and will probably still buy).

Shadowy Lady

That is weird; the only thing I can think of is my skintone is darker than yours and my lips are more of a burgundy color than red or pink naturally. Still, you'd think that'd make it darker. Maybe I should just invest in some lip erase, because Luxembourg was the one pencil I wanted (and will probably still buy).
Could be the skintone thing. I'm light medium with cool undertones. My lips are a pinky red naturally so shades like Luxembourg are always flattering. Still I thought as both Luxembourg and Impassioned are very pigmented they would show true to colour on everyone's lips. But I would say I'm not very experienced with dark skin.

I still recommend Luxembourg though, the texture of these pencils is beautiful and i love the subtle stain they leave behind even after hours :)

leahrenae

Thank you! I think I'll just stick with Floralies and Lodhi!

Miss QQ

A few of the colours are out of stock at my counter, including Yu. Anyway after getting Schiap and Yu, I feel I need Carthage so I went back for it, but now it is out of stock. lol. I have to wait for a while for new stocks.

MaitaiFluff

I forgot how well these work. Yu was feeling a little neglected the other day and I was reminded how they line my lips shape perfectly and fill in so easily.

Latest posts