Les Beiges de Chanel

Antigone

http://www.refinery29.com/2013/02/43065/gisele-bundchen-chanel-beauty-face

I want the powder!

elegant-one

Oh wow....I really really want that powder! Look at that amazing white compact. Its so elegant. Looks like she is using it as a blush in that video.
eyelove.gif

When is it suppose to be available?

katred

Specktra Bestie
This looks so much like the Hourglass powders, it's almost like they went to the same manufacturer. Even the brush looks like the new Hourglass brush! I'll be curious to see how it turns out. I'm already lusting after at least four, possibly five of the Hourglass ones, but now I'm wondering if I should hold off a little and see what this is like...

Monsy

Quote: Originally Posted by katred
, but now I'm wondering if I should hold off a little and see what this is like...

that's my plan too

cheburaha

Les Beiges powders are available for pre-order at the Bay in Canada (at least in Toronto). They have testers but did not get the actual product yet. I pre-ordered mine with pick-up date of March 5. The SA told me they are going to start selling them on March 18 (this is if you do not pre-order). The powder is supposed to replace bronzing powders Soleil Tan de Chanel, but instead of giving you sun-kissed face they targeted more at achieving healthy glow look. There are five of them, I've got #30 and I am also #30 in Vitalumiere Aqua range. They look ver dark in the pane but it doesn't translate into the skin, so make sure to test before buying.

cheburaha

I forgot to mention that along with the powders they have also received the new retractable kabuki brush (synthetic one). I am thinking of adding it to my order - I will go to check it out again becasue when I was in store, the SA told me they cleaned it with brush cleaner and the brush did not respond well - it is recommended to use water and soap on it. So, I was not able to try it - it was wet and messy:)

Monsy

illuminating powder to replace bronzing powder? so stupid
those are completely different products

MaryJane

I like the idea of a powder to give a healthy glow instead of using a bronzing powder. I'm very curious to see what these look like.

cheburaha

illuminating powder to replace bronzing powder? so stupid
those are completely different products
Les Beiges are not marketed as illuminating powders unlike the powder from the spring collection. These are suppposed to give you a healthy glow which is essentially the same as having a bit of a tan on your face=you just came from vacation. So, no contradiction here-)

Monsy

healthy glow is still not the same as bronzed look
healthy glow does not have to have bronze color
i can wear a bronzer and "glowy" powder on top
bronzers can be also matte so again i do not see why are these the same

more pics
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vL-rp0tn1zY/URrN_ix_oII/AAAAAAAAGG8/73QD0bmSa9s/s1600/LES+BEIGES_2013_PRESS+RELEASE_04.jpg

more info here
http://en.vogue.fr/beauty-tips/buzz-day/diaporama/chanel-les-beiges-compact-skin-base-gisele-buendchen/11811

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Found this pic: http://instagram.com/p/V8sc7tKsal/

I'm so glad the lightest shade is pink toned.

Teger

I would like to think these are replacing the douce poudre (peche tendre and rosee), which are in the process of being discontinued; unlike the bronzing powders, but they are not the exact same type of product. These wont be launching in USA until August also.

Miss QQ

I forgot to mention that along with the powders they have also received the new retractable kabuki brush (synthetic one). I am thinking of adding it to my order  - I will go to check it out again becasue when I was in store, the SA told me they cleaned it with brush cleaner and  the brush did not respond well - it is recommended to use water and soap on it. So, I was not able to try it - it was wet and messy:)
I'm excited to see the retractable kabuki brush! I don't mind using soap and water to wash it, which is how I wash my brushes most of the time. Can't wait to see pictures of it! The new powder looks so creamy! I think the lightest shade would suit me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm... Beige powder is beige. I'm not sure that I'm seeing the magical appeal of this yet. I'll have to get an idea what it looks like in person. Just picked up one of the Hourglass powders, which I'm loving, and I plan to get more of those bad boys. I'm reserving judgment on this one.
pompom.gif
<---- That's my wallet, doing a happy dance.

MaryJane

Katred,

Which Hourglass powder did you get? I have Dim and can't decide if it's a keeper or not.

Latest posts