All about ACNE

I've read several of the comments and it's always so overwhelming. Everyone uses different products and has different regimens and it makes it hard for me to know where to start haha.

Kathniss08

If you had tried most of the drugstore acne regimen, I think you should now consult your dermatologists. Having a healthy diet and regular exercise will also help in treating your acne. Avoid too oily and greasy food. Limit also the intake of dairy products. I hope you will find the best regimen for your acne.

damagedmassacre

I've been taking a supplement from itworks called hair skin and nails it works amazing for my face. My face isn't red or broken out anymore. It's really cheap too.

LovelyLouboutin

The greatest thing I've done for my skin and acne was take accutane. My skin has been clear (with an rare flare up) for almost two years now. It so great to be able to consentrate on my other skin issues without having to deal with new acne scars.

Joojimeep

My acne tends to be pretty stable in that no matter what I do, it doesn't get better, nor does it get worse... Idk if this is good or bad haha.

Erica53094

I have more than mild acne prone skin. Not severe to use accutane but still troublesome and frustrating. I tried many products and always seemed the same problems occurred. But what has helped keep acne at bay and I wish I knew this at 13 and maybe I would not have struggled so long... 1. Getting rid of lotion based moisturizer. Even kind labeled for oily skin. It was a huge cause for my acne! I use a facial mist if I feel I need moisturization. Oily skin does not need a moisturizer and if you are using a gentle cleanser it should not strip your skin of essential oils requiring you to need a moisturizer. Oh the lies beauty co. tell you! 2. Not using products on face w SD alcohol or Alcohol Denat. THIS is what strips your skin!! And causes excessive oil production and then clogs your pores and the evil cycle continues. It is often in products for oily skin bc it it gives that drying effect but it is terrible for your skin! 3.Not using fragrant plant oils that are irritating like citrus, lavender, peppermint, willow bark. Acne is a inflammation prob. You don't use products that cause skin to flare up. Not all plant extracts are bad such as aloe or tea tree oil. Those also have many benefits. Just not all natural ingredients are created equal and not all should be applied to your face! 5.Make sure products are low fragrance/fragrance free. It is impossible to find products fragrance free. Women love nice smelling products. But I make sure fragrance is low on the totum pole if I am to use it bc again it's an irritation thing and I don't want to irritate my skin and cause acne to flare! Anyhoo I got rid of the above ingredients from skin care regime and no acne. My skin is less oily too. No blackheads. No lingering acne that just would not go away no matter how hard I tried. No pustules. Clear and smooth! Now I simply use cera ve cleanser, bha lotion (for exfoliation) and a product w benzyl peroxide at night to fight acne or rather treat bacteria that causes acne.

Erica53094

I have more than mild acne prone skin. Not severe to use accutane but still troublesome and frustrating. I tried many products and always seemed the same problems occurred. But what has helped keep acne at bay and I wish I knew this at 13 and maybe I would not have struggled so long... 1. Getting rid of lotion based moisturizer. Even kind labeled for oily skin. It was a huge cause for my acne! I use a facial mist if I feel I need moisturization. Oily skin does not need a moisturizer and if you are using a gentle cleanser it should not strip your skin of essential oils requiring you to need a moisturizer. Oh the lies beauty co. tell you! 2. Not using products on face w SD alcohol or Alcohol Denat. THIS is what strips your skin!! And causes excessive oil production and then clogs your pores and the evil cycle continues. It is often in products for oily skin bc it it gives that drying effect but it is terrible for your skin! 3.Not using fragrant plant oils that are irritating like citrus, lavender, peppermint, willow bark. Acne is a inflammation prob. You don't use products that cause skin to flare up. Not all plant extracts are bad such as aloe or tea tree. Those also have many benefits. Just not all natural ingredients are created equal! 5.Make sure products are low fragrance/fragrance. It is impossible to find products fragrance free. Women love a nice smelling products. But I make sure fragrance is low on the totum pole if I am to use bc again it's an irritation thing and I don't want to aggitate my skin and cause acne to flare! Anyhoo I got rid of the above ingredients from skin care regime and no acne. My skin is less oily too. No blackheads. No lingering acne that just would not go away no matter how hardcI tried. No pustules. Now I simply use cera ve cleanser, bha lotion (for exfoliation) and a product w benzyl peroxide at night to fight acne or rather treat bacteria that causes acne. And if I need moisturization I use a well formulated facial mist.

Erica53094

Shea butter can be very good for acne. It's very healing for breakouts among other things. It doesn't clog pores. Now of course it's not going to work wonders for everyone - everyone's skin is different!
Too emolient for skin and will cause acne. It's a great product to soften skin just not on face and it cannot treat acne bc it cannot clear up the bacteria deep w/in a pore

Erica53094

Shea butter is not a good product to put on your face but is a great body moisturizer.  Natural products are great but not shea butter for someone with oily skin, that would clog pores on facial skin like nobody's business.  People with or without acne must wash their faces twice a day to remove dirt, oil, grime and polution. Just thought I'd throw this out here just in case it helps anybody: Acne is mostly genetic.  External things can cause a pore to become infected, but a lot of it comes from within your body.  I have had acne since kindergarten and it only got progressively worse as I got older.  My mom had me put on Accutane when I was 14 and it changed my life.  Risky medicine, but it worked WONDERS.  It wears off after 10 years, so I've been really having to keep my acne under control so I don't have a really terrible outbreak like I did in the past.  It's really a struggle for me. Besides genetics, here are some other reasons why you might be breaking out: #1) Cyclic Acne: The #1 cause of breakouts is cyclic acne...acne that erupts before, during, or after your period.  Usually when you come off your b/c pill your skin goes haywire until you get back on it.  This kind is vicious and there's not much you can do to control it because it's coming from within your skin.  Are you near your period right now? #2) Stress and loss of sleep: Stress is a huge problem for your overall well being and overall health and definitely causes acne.  Are you going through anything majorly stressful in your life?  Not getting enough sleep can wreak havoc on your skin. #3) Improper or new cleansing routine: Did you wash your face and neck thoroughly, use toner and moisturizer?  Did you happen to use 1 or more new products?  Your skin's balance and acidity level can easily be thrown off just by introducing one new product into your routine and this can cause acne. #4) Not getting enough H20: Water helps flush out and reduce the amount of bacteria in your body and helps your body push sweat through it's cycle when you work out.  It's really important that you drink a lot of water. #5) Not moisturizing: If you are not moisturizing because your face is "oily", shame on you!  Your skin is trying to make up for the loss of moisture...your skin is probably actually dehydrated. Tried and true products that work very well for yours truly: Best Face Washes for Oily Skin: LUSH Coalface, LUSH Herbalism, Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser, Murad Clarifying Cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Wash. Best Exfoliators for Oily Skin: LUSH Dark Angels, LUSH Ocean Salt Best Serum for Oily Skin: Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher, Dr. Perricone High Potency Evening Repair Best Anti-Acne Treatment for Oily Skin: LUSH Grease Lighting (Gel), Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel, Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin: LUSH Vanishing Cream, Neaclear Liquid Oxygen Anti-Acne Facial Moisturizer Best Face Mask for Oily Skin: LUSH Mask of Magnaminty Best Makeup Primer for Oily Skin: Smashbox Photofinish Best Foundation for Oily Skin: Estee Lauder Double Wear Best Powder for Oily Skin: MAC Studio Fix Powder, Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder    
I 100% agree shea butter cannot treat acne. What clogs pores and causes acne? Dead skin cells and bacteria. You need exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and a product to treat bacteria. Shea butter has nothing to it that treats bacteria. Softens skin and that is it. Too emolient for the face!

Erica53094

Yes you still need to mousturize skin if you have acne depending on weather. Sometimes not at all like in the summer but you may in the winter. It just if you have oily skin you don't need lotion based moisturizer. That is the lie companies tell you. A facial oil, a gel, a facial mist often works better w oily skin.If you are using a well formulated gentle cleanser you should notvstrip your skin of essential oils and therefore need a moisturizer. But treating acne is about good exfoliation and treatment of the bacteria w a product that can actually treat it like C&C persa gel or tea tree oil.