Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2015

B

Buffy89

Trying to rediscover / shop my stash all over again! FOTD October 26th: - Mac Studio Sculpt foundation NC15 - Studio Finish Concealer NC15 (blemishes) - Cinique Airbrush Concealer Neutral Fair (undereye) - Blot Powder Light - Cheeks: Mac Dirty Plum blush & Lightscapade highlighter - eyes: Paint Pot in Stroke My Ego (base), Urban Decay Mushroom (crease), UD Rockstar (lower lashline, Mac Shroom (browbone), Mac Nightshade fluidline, YSL Babydoll mascara sample - Mac Omega eyeshadow for brows - lips: Subculture pencil & Bare Agaim Sheen Supreme

B

Buffy89

...and FOTD October 27th:

- Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Primer
- Studio Sculpt Foundation and Studio Finish Concealer in NC15
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair Neutral (under eyes)
- Mac Prep+Prime Translucent Pressed Powder
- Mac Dainty Blush and Essence Highlighter in Blossoms etc. (quite old but I like it so much)
- brows: Mac Veluxe Liner in Strawberry Blonde
- Mac Paintpot in Quite Natural (as a base and smudged on the lower lashline)
- Dazzleshadow in Last Dance on the lid
- Electric Cool Shadow in Pure Flash on the lower lashline
- UD Foxy mixed with Venus on the brow bone
- Benefit They're Real Liner
- Maxfactor Masterpiece Max Mascara
- Mac Cremesheen Glass in You've Got It

shellygrrl

Staff member
Today... * Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (across nose and forehead) * MUFE Step 1 - Hydrating Primer (finished the sachet I had; this was applied everywhere else) * MUFE Ultra HD Foundation - Y205 + NARS Sheer Glow - Siberia * MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 (undereye topper) * OCC Skin Conceal - Y0 (blemishes) and Y1 (undereye base) * MAC Paint Pot - Painterly (over top of OCC Y1) * MAC Paint Pot - Tailor Grey (as an eyebrow pomade) * Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Ash Brown * NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base * MAC Eyeshadows - mix of Malt and Copperplate (transitionish colours), Typographic (lashlines) * Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - Unexpected (crease), Sensuous (lid) * Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara - Black * MAC Blushes - Next to Skin + Taupe (contour), Pink Cult (actual blush) * MAC Lipstick - Feed the Senses edit: I touched up in the early evening with some Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, something I've not used for a little while, and I hit pan.

B

Buffy89

@shellygrrl in your FOTDs, you always use Feed the Senses - for how long have you been using it? I own it too, but I'm "saving" it (silly, I know) because it's such a perfect shade for me. And you're using it all the time and still it's not used up, so I should be brave and use mine too!
cheerleader.gif

Some news concerning my no-buy
cheerleader.gif
it's going well so far. Today, the Mac holiday collection released here and I'm always passing a Douglas store on my way to uni, but I did not walk in there "to have a look" (aka to end up buying something). There's only one item that I'm interested in anyway (the purple eyeshadow), but let's be realistic, I rarely wear purple eyeshadow, nor do I wear a lot of glittery stuff (so I got enough glittery PaintPots/Dazzleshadow/loose Glitter etc.). Plus, it's 26 Euros, which is simply A LOT of money for one item I won't use very often. If it was another color, like a brownish/peachy/neutral shimmer, it would be harder for me to skip, but this time, I'll survive, I guess. So I'm using my "old" stuff like the purple ED shadow I already own, which is gorgeous as well, so why neglect everything I already have.

kerry-jane88

Yeah it's interesting how much of a product one person uses compared to another. Most gals I know only apply a meek layer of lipstick but I proper pile it on! I like that full coverage lipstick feeling though :)

B

Buffy89

Yeah it's interesting how much of a product one person uses compared to another. Most gals I know only apply a meek layer of lipstick but I proper pile it on! I like that full coverage lipstick feeling though
smiles.gif
lol, just like me. A hint of lipstick, probably just dabbed on, feels weird to me. But I still don't finish any lipsticks, they don't seem to get smaller at all, what sorcery is this?

kerry-jane88

lol, just like me. A hint of lipstick, probably just dabbed on, feels weird to me. But I still don't finish any lipsticks, they don't seem to get smaller at all, what sorcery is this?
I reapply even when I don't need to do too, just out of makeup touch up habits! Ah well, seeing how I've never truly used a lipstick up in the last five years or so of my makeup interests as it were, it's kept me from buying too many shades this year. and if I'm lusting after a certain colour I've been stricter with making myself 'make do' with all the awesome things I already have :) I think sometimes I need to remind myself that I've got some really luxury products compared to most people's makeup stashes and so I should be happy and not always hankering after the 'next best thing'!

B

Buffy89

I reapply even when I don't need to do too, just out of makeup touch up habits! Ah well, seeing how I've never truly used a lipstick up in the last five years or so of my makeup interests as it were, it's kept me from buying too many shades this year. and if I'm lusting after a certain colour I've been stricter with making myself 'make do' with all the awesome things I already have
smiles.gif
I think sometimes I need to remind myself that I've got some really luxury products compared to most people's makeup stashes and so I should be happy and not always hankering after the 'next best thing'!
This!
A friend of mine said she liked my lipstick today, btw, and I didn't dare to tell her what products I'm using (today Mac PLW liner plus Mac lipstick, which makes 40 Euros just for my lips) because it feels to me as if I were super spoiled if I still want more. After all, I'm just a uni student with some job, but I used to shop as if I had proper full-time employment. Her recent lipstick was a cheap one by Essence so this moment really put my feet back on the ground.

kerry-jane88

This! A friend of mine said she liked my lipstick today, btw, and I didn't dare to tell her what products I'm using (today Mac PLW liner plus Mac lipstick, which makes 40 Euros just for my lips) because it feels to me as if I were super spoiled if I still want more. After all, I'm just a uni student with some job, but I used to shop as if I had proper full-time employment. Her recent lipstick was a cheap one by Essence so this moment really put my feet back on the ground.
I feel you, I had a similar situation the other week when a friend wanted new makeup for a refresh after she'd split up with her bf and we went to boots and I helped her pick out the best drugstore stuff for her as she knows I know my makeup. Well she got 6 items for £24 and was made up! I'm certainly not into feeling too guilty about my spending habits or letting other people let me feel guilty about it, though admittedly I do hide what I'm using from time to time so save the awkwardness of exasperated judgement, but it does remind me to be grounded about the whole thing. After all they're just things :) all you need is love! (And specktra friendship support ofc!)

B

Buffy89

I feel you, I had a similar situation the other week when a friend wanted new makeup for a refresh after she'd split up with her bf and we went to boots and I helped her pick out the best drugstore stuff for her as she knows I know my makeup. Well she got 6 items for £24 and was made up! I'm certainly not into feeling too guilty about my spending habits or letting other people let me feel guilty about it, though admittedly I do hide what I'm using from time to time so save the awkwardness of exasperated judgement, but it does remind me to be grounded about the whole thing. After all they're just things
smiles.gif
all you need is love! (And specktra friendship support ofc!)
iagree.gif
totally!!!
Btw, in the morning I ordered concert tickets with my friends, were're going on a trip to Hamburg in spring, and the show's already sold out
yahoo.gif
That's where my "makeup money" should rather go, and it makes me really happy. 40 Euros for lipstick, which I've skipped today, or for a great unforgettable evening, that's not a tough choice!

Prettypackages

iagree.gif
totally!!!
Btw, in the morning I ordered concert tickets with my friends, were're going on a trip to Hamburg in spring, and the show's already sold out
yahoo.gif
That's where my "makeup money" should rather go, and it makes me really happy. 40 Euros for lipstick, which I've skipped today, or for a great unforgettable evening, that's not a tough choice!
agreed!

shellygrrl

Staff member
@shellygrrl in your FOTDs, you always use Feed the Senses - for how long have you been using it? I own it too, but I'm "saving" it (silly, I know) because it's such a perfect shade for me. And you're using it all the time and still it's not used up, so I should be brave and use mine too! :cheer:
I've been using it since I got it two years ago. I don't wear makeup every day, so I still have a bit of it left, but I have less left of FTS than I do my other lippies. Use yours! :nods:
Some news concerning my no-buy :cheer: it's going well so far. Today, the Mac holiday collection released here and I'm always passing a Douglas store on my way to uni, but I did not walk in there "to have a look" (aka to end up buying something). There's only one item that I'm interested in anyway (the purple eyeshadow), but let's be realistic, I rarely wear purple eyeshadow, nor do I wear a lot of glittery stuff (so I got enough glittery PaintPots/Dazzleshadow/loose Glitter etc.). Plus, it's 26 Euros, which is simply A LOT of money for one item I won't use very often. If it was another color, like a brownish/peachy/neutral shimmer, it would be harder for me to skip, but this time, I'll survive, I guess. So I'm using my "old" stuff like the purple ED shadow I already own, which is gorgeous as well, so why neglect everything I already have.
:cheer:

B

Buffy89

I've been using it since I got it two years ago. I don't wear makeup every day, so I still have a bit of it left, but I have less left of FTS than I do my other lippies. Use yours! :nods: :cheer:
Oh wow, two years is such a long time, and you still have a bit left. So yes, I should use mine!!! :nods:

Sandalskt

I reapply even when I don't need to do too, just out of makeup touch up habits! Ah well, seeing how I've never truly used a lipstick up in the last five years or so of my makeup interests as it were, it's kept me from buying too many shades this year. and if I'm lusting after a certain colour I've been stricter with making myself 'make do' with all the awesome things I already have :) I think sometimes I need to remind myself that I've got some really luxury products compared to most people's makeup stashes and so I should be happy and not always hankering after the 'next best thing'!
That is a great way to think of things. I have to remind myself that most people don't have any luxury makeup and to enjoy what I have. I did splurge this weekend and buy Tom for nude dip and seductive rose palettes online. I should have read this post first lol.

veronikawithak

I'm really excited to see your photos! and again, congrats on your decluttering process and everything else. You ladies in this thread are awesome!

This is sooo impressive to me! My voice of reason is telling me that this is just a perfect, streamlined kit, containing only things that you love. You can use hings up regularly and repurchase/add items without any bad conscience. I kinda wish I could snap my fingers and suddenly have a collection like this.

Last week, I failed miserably, because I purchased two Paintpots and a Patentpolish from Mac's fall collection, adding them to the palette and the lipstick I already purchased from the same collection the week before. Re-reading my posts here where I stated I wasn't going to splurge on that collection, I'm feeling ashamed because I didn't even stay true to my own words. Two carefully picked items are okay-ish, but five aren't in my case. And darn, around 130 Euros for things I honestly didn't need (cannot return them because of the policy here). At the moment, I'm having a very stressful time at uni and I'm working 2x the amount of my regular shifts at my job till the end of the year, so I must have lost my sense somehow when I purchased those things. I'm also catching myself stress-eating sweets and crisps so many times. Don't wanna moan, but I clearly see that all that stress triggers my behavior.
Therefore, I'm starting a no-buy on color cosmetics until the end of 2015 (I said it! I said it!). I tended to to that "2-3 pieces per collection" thing way too long. But at the moment, I need to face a challenge, I think. A shopping fast is gonna be good for me, I hope. This way, I hope to use the stuff I already own, I mean, I don't even get the time to use the things I got when there's new stuff flooding in regularly. Even two or three new items are too much when one's already got a lot of stuff waiting to be tried properly. I'll also have to cope skipper's remorse, I think (holiday collections - unsubscribing from certain threads asap), but it'll make me strong after all. The only things I'm allowed to buy are powder/concealer/foundation because I know I'll run out of them, and skincare (face). Since my 2 foundation brushes are shedding like crazy, I might repurchase 2 reasonably priced ones. The only real exception to me is gonna be an (one!) item from the UDxGwen Stefani collection, which I'll put on my christmas list.
My stash is pretty big and would be a dream come true for so many people, and I feel like it's time to really appreciate it. Therefore, I'm changing my former approach. 10 weeks until new year's eve is not super long, and I'm sure I'll be really proud and happy afterwards. Besides, christmas time will offer me lots of distractions (baking, shopping for gifts, social events) as an outlet for stress. It really bothers me how I always give in to those triggers and get tricked to buy stuff, because I actually know about the psycological processes behind everything.

I've also made a list of 10 items I plan to finish until 2016:
- Bare Again Lipstick
- You've Got It Cremesheen Glass
- Dirty Blonde Fluidline for brows
- Nightshade Fluidline
- It's Physical Fluidline
- Blacktrack Fluidline
- Benefit They're Real liner
- Dainty Blush
- A Wish Come True eyeshadow
- Pure Flash Electric Cool Shadow

Concentrating on so many liners at once might not be the best technique, but It's Physical rather suits me as an eyeshadow and Nightshade is super patchy and won't turn opaque most times, so I'll try it some more times to see if it's worth keeping at all. If one item gets crossed out, I'll add another one to the list.

I wish I could have snapped my fingers and got here as well! Haha. It took a few years, but I'm much happier. I'm actually starting to see little dips in some of my eyeshadows.. It will still take me a long time to get through even a small makeup stash, but I'm looking forward to regularly finishing things. I'm finally at a point where I wouldn't be uncomfortable showing another average woman my makeup stash.. that was always something that bothered me in the back of my mind. Good luck on your no buy! They're challenging but it's so great to look back and realize how many days you went without buying anything. I know what you mean about the marketing triggers.. that always bugs me as well. It feels great when you recognize and avoid them though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sandalskt

That is a great way to think of things. I have to remind myself that most people don't have any luxury makeup and to enjoy what I have. I did splurge this weekend and buy Tom for nude dip and seductive rose palettes online. I should have read this post first lol.
Agreed. It's so important to use and love what you have, otherwise you'll never be satisfied with anything.

B

Buffy89

[@]veronikawithak[/@] thanks, and I always love to read your posts! Having a stash of reasonable size is a long term goal of mine, but yeah, I guess it takes time. I'm gonna have a party for each pan I hit, lol. Currently, I'm trying to use all types of neglected products, so I can recognize what great variety there is in my kit. It could certainly be mistaken for a MUA's collection, and at the moment, I'm really, really noticing that size! So, FOTD October 5th: - Mac Sculpt Foundation and Studio Finish Concealer in NC15 - Prep+Prime Transparent Pressed Powder - Paint Pot Bare Study (eye primer) - Azuki Bean eyeshadow (lower lash line and crease) - Boycrazy eyeshadow (lid) - UD Pistol eyeshadow (outer V) - UD Verve eyeshadow (inner corner) - UD Foxy eyeshadow (brow highlight) - Benefit They're Real liner - Maxfactor Masterpiece Max mascara sample - Omega eyeshadow (brows) - Simmer mineralize blush - Chanel Viva RCS lipstick

Audrey C

I just used my 20% Rouge discount and ended up qualifying for Rouge for 2016 again. I didn't think I'd get there this year but Christmas/birthday shopping during the F&F sale and this one pushed me over.

Purchases for me:

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation (backup)
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Urban Decay Primer Potion - Anti-Aging (backup)
Bumble and Bumble Grooming Cream (replacement)
Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer (backup)
Bumble and Bumble Pret a Powder (backup)
Cosmocube Brush Holder (for my vanity - hoping it will replace a couple of large glasses I'm using to hold brushes and liners and that it will also hold foundation/concealer)
Victor and Rolf Flowerbomb (will be my Christmas gift from my Dad)

I also purchased two MAC CSG sets and one MAC mini patent polish set from the holiday collection. My last CSG sets lasted me two full years; these probably will as well.

I haven't been tempted by any of the holiday palettes; I love my vast e/s collection but see no need to add to it.

2015 MAKEUP PURCHASES

Lipsticks: Purchased 7 (all MAC), 4 minis (Patentpolish holiday set) and got 2 through BTM. This is my heaviest use area and I go through quite a few each year, particularly since I've shifted to creamy formulas like Huggables. I usually have about 20-25 at any given time. I'd be ok with 15-20 and will probably get down to that number now that Huggables and Patentpolish are perm. I've historically bought 3-6 when they're launched knowing I'd use them up over 12-18 months, but I don't need to buy ahead anymore. I'm very close to finishing about 3-4 lipsticks and don't plan on replacing them since I have new ones ahead of me.

Lipgloss: Purchased 8 (2 CSG sets). I BTM'd the 8 empties from 2013 when I bought these. I know I'll finish these up too. My teen daughter got Girl About Town and Rebel with the empties so she was very happy.

Powder: Purchased 3 (MAC Blot Powder, Guerlain Pressed Meteorites and Guerlain Joli Teint). I finished both a loose and a pressed MAC Blot Powder as well as a HG Diffused Light this year. I had a backup Diffused Light and it already has a dip. I'm not backing up any powders during the sale because I don't think I'll run out of any of them until at least the summer.

Foundation: Bought 2 replacements (Bobbi Brown BB Cream for summer at MUFE Ultra HD for fall/winter) and one backup (MUFE Ultra HD). I think I'm set now for most of 2016.

Blush: Purchased 1 (Guerlain Perles de Blush). I have years of blush ahead of me, so this was really an exception purchase since I loved them so much. I don't regret it.

Concealer: Purchased 3, all replacements (LM Secret Camouflage, MAC Mineralize and now NARS Radiant Creamy).

Brow Products: Purchased one powder (Anastasia Chocolate) and pencil (Anastasia Chocolate) because I changed my hair colour.

Eyeshadow: Purchased one palette (UD Naked Smoky) and BTM'd for two replacement shades (All that Glitters and Orb).

Lipliners: Purchased 3, all replacements.

I'm sure this is still more makeup than most women buy, but I no longer feel like this is a problem area for me. The overwhelming majority of my purchases were staples or replacements for items I used up (lip products). The exceptions would be Naked Smoky and the Guerlain Blush Pearls, but I'm ok with indulging in a very occasional item just because I love it. I still really enjoy and wear what I have; I just don't see a need to grow my collection.

I have become very picky about what I keep. I did try out a couple of other e/s palettes but I decided that they either weren't significantly different or superior from what I had so they went back.

How are the rest of you feeling about your year?

shellygrrl

Staff member
At the moment, I'm feeling pretty good about my year. I will admit that I have found the Naked Smoky palette a little tempting, but I have resisted. I'll do a full(er) purchase recap toward the end of the year. I hauled from Sephora earlier this week and retained VIB status into next year. Virtually everything was a need, though. * Two small size MUFE Step 1 primers (Mattifying and Smoothing) to try out. I liked the little sachet of the Hydrating primer that came with my MUFE Ultra HD and decided on trying a couple of the others to see if I prefer them over Hourglass Mineral Veil (I've pretty much been taking product from the pump tube to use! That's how much I've got left of it). I went with two to use on different parts of my face. My t-zone is oily, and I have enlarged pores across the nose. There are also some somewhat deep-set lines/wrinkles under my eyes. (I'm in my mid-thirties.) * Living Proof PHD Conditioner (backup as I think I'm close to running out) * Shiseido Facial Cotton (nearly out of cotton rounds, and after seeing these cottons raved about on here, decided to give them a go) * sample of Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep (free with code, so decided to try it out as I don't have a proper brow gel at the moment.)

B

Buffy89

2015 MAKEUP PURCHASES

Lipsticks: Purchased 7 (all MAC), 4 minis (Patentpolish holiday set) and got 2 through BTM. This is my heaviest use area and I go through quite a few each year, particularly since I've shifted to creamy formulas like Huggables. I usually have about 20-25 at any given time. I'd be ok with 15-20 and will probably get down to that number now that Huggables and Patentpolish are perm. I've historically bought 3-6 when they're launched knowing I'd use them up over 12-18 months, but I don't need to buy ahead anymore. I'm very close to finishing about 3-4 lipsticks and don't plan on replacing them since I have new ones ahead of me.

Lipgloss: Purchased 8 (2 CSG sets). I BTM'd the 8 empties from 2013 when I bought these. I know I'll finish these up too. My teen daughter got Girl About Town and Rebel with the empties so she was very happy.

Powder: Purchased 3 (MAC Blot Powder, Guerlain Pressed Meteorites and Guerlain Joli Teint). I finished both a loose and a pressed MAC Blot Powder as well as a HG Diffused Light this year. I had a backup Diffused Light and it already has a dip. I'm not backing up any powders during the sale because I don't think I'll run out of any of them until at least the summer.

Foundation: Bought 2 replacements (Bobbi Brown BB Cream for summer at MUFE Ultra HD for fall/winter) and one backup (MUFE Ultra HD). I think I'm set now for most of 2016.

Blush: Purchased 1 (Guerlain Perles de Blush). I have years of blush ahead of me, so this was really an exception purchase since I loved them so much. I don't regret it.

Concealer: Purchased 3, all replacements (LM Secret Camouflage, MAC Mineralize and now NARS Radiant Creamy).

Brow Products: Purchased one powder (Anastasia Chocolate) and pencil (Anastasia Chocolate) because I changed my hair colour.

Eyeshadow: Purchased one palette (UD Naked Smoky) and BTM'd for two replacement shades (All that Glitters and Orb).

Lipliners: Purchased 3, all replacements.

I'm sure this is still more makeup than most women buy, but I no longer feel like this is a problem area for me. The overwhelming majority of my purchases were staples or replacements for items I used up (lip products). The exceptions would be Naked Smoky and the Guerlain Blush Pearls, but I'm ok with indulging in a very occasional item just because I love it. I still really enjoy and wear what I have; I just don't see a need to grow my collection.

I have become very picky about what I keep. I did try out a couple of other e/s palettes but I decided that they either weren't significantly different or superior from what I had so they went back.

How are the rest of you feeling about your year?
Seems like a good result to me!
cheerleader.gif
Since I'm on a no-buy till the end of 2015, I can make my purchase list alsready now, too.

So, items purchased in 2015:

- powder, foundation, concealer: I have no idea. Since I only own two foundations, three concealers and two powders which I regularly use up, I didn't count any numbers. I use them pending on my blemishes/breakout situation, otherwise I'd probably own just one of each, but need to adapt to what my skin "needs" each day.

- mascara: none. I got some samples as GWPs and already had a lot of samples. I'll probably have enough until 2017, lol.

- nail polish: 3. This is pretty good since I was a seious polish addict before and could not walk out of a drugstore without one or two Essie polishes. These were below 3 Euros each, so no big deal financially, and I like the colors and quality even more than some pricey ones I own.

- eye liner: 2. I purchased two fluidlines from Mac is Beauty in March, and that's it. Trying to use some gel liners up before they turn dry.

- eye primer / cream shadow: 2. I picked up 2 Paintpots about two weeks ago. They weren't necessary at all, but at least one could be considered a replacement for another one I'll finish soon.

- lipgloss: 2. I'm really happy I didn't purchase more. One was Viva Glam, in case that's an alibi. I purged a lot of lip products and I've realized I'm not a gloss girl at all. I dislike all my hair or tiny fibres from my scarf or bits of food getting caught on my lips, therefore I rarely use glosses. I'm interested in the VG Ariana Grande one, but otherwise, I won't purchase any glosses anymore.

- lipstick: 19, of which 3 were B2M and 1 was a GWP mini: Ohhhh my goodness, how did this happen? Well, I purged a lot of lippies, so maybe my stash didn't grow in general, but Lord, nineteen! At least, all shades are wearable for everyday and I didn't purchase any crazy/bold/special occasion ones. The mini I got as GWP is a red (Rouge Coco in Arthur), but it was free, so this doesn't really count. My long-term goal is to use/get rid of most bold shades I own. One red and one bright pink is enough for me. For the neutrals, I need to reflect more whether I already got similar shades. Just because a color is wearable, it doesn't mean I'll wear it a lot (when I've got too many others).

- eyeshadow: 10 singles (3 of them as a gift), 1 trio, 2 palettes (Mac x9 palettes): I'm okay with this. Could be better, but also worse in my opinion. Except for the glittery Dazzleshadows, I use all of them a lot, especially the palettes. The thing I need to do is purge some older ones I never use.

- brow products: 2. In May, I purchased the Ash Blonde fluidline for brows and a backup because I didn't know if it's LE. The perfect color match for me, so nothing bad about this!

- highlighter: 2. not really necessary, but two is not suuuch a big number, and I purchased them in Winter/Spring already, so I'm satisfied.

- blush: 3. Just like the highlighters.

- lipliner: 4. I hopped on the lipliner trend train this summer and yup, I really love them! Before, I owned just a single one, so I'm not hoarding them. I go through them/need to sharpen quite quickly, so there one can see that using them often means that I love them!

In general, I'm quite satisfied with my shopping this year, but those lipsticks!!!!! I definitely need to be more careful purchasing them. I didn't even expect having purchased so many this year, quite a shock
wondering.gif
The number of eyeshadows does not make me very happy, but that's mostly because I didn't declutter my older ones yet. I'm very proud concerning blushes/highlighters and nail polish, because those were problematic for me in 2014.

Audrey C

Seems like a good result to me!
cheerleader.gif
Since I'm on a no-buy till the end of 2015, I can make my purchase list alsready now, too.

So, items purchased in 2015:

- powder, foundation, concealer: I have no idea. Since I only own two foundations, three concealers and two powders which I regularly use up, I didn't count any numbers. I use them pending on my blemishes/breakout situation, otherwise I'd probably own just one of each, but need to adapt to what my skin "needs" each day.

- mascara: none. I got some samples as GWPs and already had a lot of samples. I'll probably have enough until 2017, lol.

- nail polish: 3. This is pretty good since I was a seious polish addict before and could not walk out of a drugstore without one or two Essie polishes. These were below 3 Euros each, so no big deal financially, and I like the colors and quality even more than some pricey ones I own.

- eye liner: 2. I purchased two fluidlines from Mac is Beauty in March, and that's it. Trying to use some gel liners up before they turn dry.

- eye primer / cream shadow: 2. I picked up 2 Paintpots about two weeks ago. They weren't necessary at all, but at least one could be considered a replacement for another one I'll finish soon.

- lipgloss: 2. I'm really happy I didn't purchase more. One was Viva Glam, in case that's an alibi. I purged a lot of lip products and I've realized I'm not a gloss girl at all. I dislike all my hair or tiny fibres from my scarf or bits of food getting caught on my lips, therefore I rarely use glosses. I'm interested in the VG Ariana Grande one, but otherwise, I won't purchase any glosses anymore.

- lipstick: 19, of which 3 were B2M and 1 was a GWP mini: Ohhhh my goodness, how did this happen? Well, I purged a lot of lippies, so maybe my stash didn't grow in general, but Lord, nineteen! At least, all shades are wearable for everyday and I didn't purchase any crazy/bold/special occasion ones. The mini I got as GWP is a red (Rouge Coco in Arthur), but it was free, so this doesn't really count. My long-term goal is to use/get rid of most bold shades I own. One red and one bright pink is enough for me. For the neutrals, I need to reflect more whether I already got similar shades. Just because a color is wearable, it doesn't mean I'll wear it a lot (when I've got too many others).

- eyeshadow: 10 singles (3 of them as a gift), 1 trio, 2 palettes (Mac x9 palettes): I'm okay with this. Could be better, but also worse in my opinion. Except for the glittery Dazzleshadows, I use all of them a lot, especially the palettes. The thing I need to do is purge some older ones I never use.

- brow products: 2. In May, I purchased the Ash Blonde fluidline for brows and a backup because I didn't know if it's LE. The perfect color match for me, so nothing bad about this!

- highlighter: 2. not really necessary, but two is not suuuch a big number, and I purchased them in Winter/Spring already, so I'm satisfied.

- blush: 3. Just like the highlighters.

- lipliner: 4. I hopped on the lipliner trend train this summer and yup, I really love them! Before, I owned just a single one, so I'm not hoarding them. I go through them/need to sharpen quite quickly, so there one can see that using them often means that I love them!

In general, I'm quite satisfied with my shopping this year, but those lipsticks!!!!! I definitely need to be more careful purchasing them. I didn't even expect having purchased so many this year, quite a shock
wondering.gif
The number of eyeshadows does not make me very happy, but that's mostly because I didn't declutter my older ones yet. I'm very proud concerning blushes/highlighters and nail polish, because those were problematic for me in 2014.
I haven't bought a mascara in years. I always get them from Sephora as either 100 point perks or in the VIB GWP bags.

I have a lot of eyeliners (bought Ocho Loco 2 and 3 as well as a Tarte Skinny Smoldereyes set two years ago) so I didn't get any of these either. Quite a few of my favourite shades are getting stubby so I may need to replace a couple in 2016.

Latest posts