MAC X Ellie Goulding (Dec 14 / 17, 2015)

starletta8

I think I'm finally done getting backups for this collection. I don't do backups. I think they're a waste of money.

But I could literally wear this collection (plus a cool-toned pink lipstick, a red lipstick, and a purple ES) for the rest of my life and be happy. I ended up BU'ing both palettes, plus 2 BUs of the blush and Only You. And yes, I have Nippon.

Luckily most new releases from MAC aren't catching my eye (aside from brushes, but that's a thing with me this year- I'm #TeamBuyAllTheBrushes in 2016).

Monsy

I think I'm finally done getting backups for this collection. I don't do backups. I think they're a waste of money.

But I could literally wear this collection (plus a cool-toned pink lipstick, a red lipstick, and a purple ES) for the rest of my life and be happy. I ended up BU'ing both palettes, plus 2 BUs of the blush and Only You. And yes, I have Nippon.

Luckily most new releases from MAC aren't catching my eye (aside from brushes, but that's a thing with me this year- I'm #TeamBuyAllTheBrushes in 2016).

that was me in 2015

starletta8

I've been using the CCBs as accents, but today I used the Days palette as my total eye look, with the CCB from Nights as a highlighter.

Oh my.... what a subtle, feminine look! This collection is the gift that keeps giving.

Prettypackages

Ok, so when I realized the quad had Saddle in it, I was disappointed. But I finally used it Today and really like the look I did. I did Saddle in the crease, the pink/coral shade on the lid, and the silver shade in the corner. It is a nice pretty subtle look.

awickedshape

Ok, so when I realized the quad had Saddle in it, I was disappointed. But I finally used it Today and really like the look I did. I did Saddle in the crease, the pink/coral shade on the lid, and the silver shade in the corner. It is a nice pretty subtle look.

Good to hear you're pleased with it!
I like the texture of it

awickedshape

Oh, again, I'm so glad I got Halcyon Nights
I skipped the glittery shade and used the others in the quad and mascara with Burberry Gold Glow highlighter and Gucci Exotic Umber bronzing powder and really loved the look!
I keep forgetting the CCB, though lol
End of day pic:

20160126_080911-1.jpg

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

I ordered the 217 brush but I don't like it. It doesn't look like the same shape as my other one and it is a bit rough. I'm wondering if I should exchange or just return and get a regular one. Anyone else have issues with this brush?

GreenEyedAllie

I ordered the 217 brush but I don't like it. It doesn't look like the same shape as my other one and it is a bit rough. I'm wondering if I should exchange or just return and get a regular one. Anyone else have issues with this brush?

Weird question: How long since you've gotten a new 217?

I got one as a Christmas present, and I thought the same thing...it seemed thinner, less dense, and more tapered. Upon using it, however, it looked just like my other one...fat, bushy, and more round tapered end. I think I had forgotten what a brand new one looked like.

As for the roughness...I find both of mine rough, but I have newer ones (last couple of years). I've seen many people comment that newer ones are not nearly as soft as old ones...maybe the issue is not just in the xEG brushes??

If you're not happy, return it! Nothing worse than a brush you won't use.

Icecaramellatte

Weird question: How long since you've gotten a new 217?

I got one as a Christmas present, and I thought the same thing...it seemed thinner, less dense, and more tapered. Upon using it, however, it looked just like my other one...fat, bushy, and more round tapered end. I think I had forgotten what a brand new one looked like.

As for the roughness...I find both of mine rough, but I have newer ones (last couple of years). I've seen many people comment that newer ones are not nearly as soft as old ones...maybe the issue is not just in the xEG brushes??

If you're not happy, return it! Nothing worse than a brush you won't use.

Hmm hard to say. I was pretty late to the 217. Maybe a year or 2 old. I don't really know. I know it was a while before I used it though. But you've given me something to consider. Thanks.

Isabelle

I love Ellie too, and the lipsticks look perfect for me!

Love when they do special packaging usually, but this one is a bit meh. I wonder if this is sold out at my counter, I'll have to go and have a look ;)

Isabelle

Sweetyellow

I gotta say that I'm now contemplating whether I want to back-up anything else cause I've really been enjoying this collection. I've been wearing it for work the last few weeks and it's such a great work appropriate look. I thought I'd like Goodness Gracias plushglass more than Explosion but it's been the complete opposite, everything else I love.

Latest posts