MAC X Ellie Goulding (Dec 14 / 17, 2015)

Honi

The funny thing is that they didnt say anything today about the Dita VonTeese lipstick! Only EG ,Fairie Whispers and the eyeliner campaign ! Could this mean that dVT lipstick won't be available to nordic mac ?
It's online only according to the pressrelease, but was supposed to release on December 19th for the .se site and December 30th for the .dk site (Which afaik, it wasnt..) o_O

leonah

The scandi release dates are so weird atm. Nothing is up on the website that was supposed to be up LAST month, and the collections supposed to be up a few days ago are nowhere to be seen.

yes I'm so confused this month and last month. nothing is in the right time. I mean usually they have been pretty great with holding up to their release dates and might only be delayed a day or two. but now I'm really confused with Dita, Ellie collection and Faerie whispers..

and I called Åhléns too for about four days ago and that's when the girl on the phone said no these will be released 8th it says so in our calendar/paper/whatever :E

what's even more weird is that nothing is up on the site and apparently is already out (EG) haha what the heck :D they are usually first but not this time

Last edited:

Haviggi

The strangest of all is when on 27th December i saw Retro Matte Liquid colors and Huggable lipstcks and glosses in full display in KICKS at Täby Centrum in Stockholm That was before they even launched to US!!! I tested all the shades but i was sceptical of how dry retro matte liquid can be for lips!!but still nothing of these or any other collections at.se !!!!

starletta8

I'm super pale, but with dark red hair, so I guess similar enough that it works.

What did you think of Revved? It is too similar to Only You?

Revved is lighter than Only You by far- it's more of a sheer wash of color. I wouldn't wear it with Lip Erase, which is what I use with Only You to let it shine.

I will admit that I rocked the entire look today (Nights on the eyes, black eyeliner, Lustre Drops, I'll Hold My Breath, Only You) and thought "if I could look this good every day, I'd be so happy."

leonah

got all the things I wanted yay :D they seemed to be pretty stocked when I got there this morning. explosion was actually really pretty IRL but already got goodness gracious, the blush/bronzer duo, the two lipsticks and the nights palette, so I skipped explosion. if it wasn't so expensive I would totally get that one too :)

GreenEyedAllie

Revved is lighter than Only You by far- it's more of a sheer wash of color. I wouldn't wear it with Lip Erase, which is what I use with Only You to let it shine.

I will admit that I rocked the entire look today (Nights on the eyes, black eyeliner, Lustre Drops, I'll Hold My Breath, Only You) and thought "if I could look this good every day, I'd be so happy."

Thanks for that. I think I'm gonna skip that one as my spring want list has recently grown exponentially. I am still seriously considering back ups of Nights and Explosion, though....I will say they are different, but Nippon is similar enough to Only You that I wouldn't worry if you run out...that's the reason I'm not backing up that shade.

starletta8

Thanks for that. I think I'm gonna skip that one as my spring want list has recently grown exponentially. I am still seriously considering back ups of Nights and Explosion, though....I will say they are different, but Nippon is similar enough to Only You that I wouldn't worry if you run out...that's the reason I'm not backing up that shade.

I'd skip Revved. MAC will always have another peachy shade. Hmmm... I hadn't noticed the similarities between Nippon and Only You. That would make sense to me- I wore Nippon for several weeks straight this summer.

I still haven't BU'd Nights yet, but I might be able to get close with shades from my larger palettes, the more that I think.

leonah

My Explosion arrived today, and I LOVE it! So pretty and surprisingly long lasting. It also does plump my lips a little.

Like @starletta8, I'm very surprised and happy by how much I love everything I have in this collection.

would you mind posting a pic of explosion on top of one of the lipsticks (or any other lipstick for that matter)? it looked so pretty in the youtube vid from some pages ago but couldn't really see it clearly

GreenEyedAllie

would you mind posting a pic of explosion on top of one of the lipsticks (or any other lipstick for that matter)? it looked so pretty in the youtube vid from some pages ago but couldn't really see it clearly

I'll try! I'll have to do it tomorrow when I'm around a desktop...I can't really post pics on mobile for some reason. Would you prefer it over Only You or Without Your Love?

NATlar

revved up is in the permanent line anyway hun so if you ever change your mind about skipping in the future you can always pick it up but it'll be in the original packing!

GreenEyedAllie

thank you! it does not matter at all :)

I did it over Only You. I'm terrible at lip swatches, so I did on my arm with a face shot. Bottom-Explosion alone, combined, Only You alone. Face is combined...don't mind the untouched brows, haha.

image.jpeg image.jpeg View attachment 51096

TBH, I don't think the pics do Explosion justice. The complex shimmer did not show well, but it does IRL. I also did not care for it as a topper. I LOVE wearing it alone...the shimmer and my lips pop.

leonah

I did it over Only You. I'm terrible at lip swatches, so I did on my arm with a face shot. Bottom-Explosion alone, combined, Only You alone. Face is combined...don't mind the untouched brows, haha.

View attachment 51094 View attachment 51095 View attachment 51096

TBH, I don't think the pics do Explosion justice. The complex shimmer did not show well, but it does IRL. I also did not care for it as a topper. I LOVE wearing it alone...the shimmer and my lips pop.

thank you so much!! really appreciate it. and you're too cute :eek: I might pick it up later if it sticks around a little longer. it just got here anyway so :D it kinda looks like it adds a glow on the lips if that makes sense :D

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

revved up is in the permanent line anyway hun so if you ever change your mind about skipping in the future you can always pick it up but it'll be in the original packing!

Oh I had forgotten about that. Thank you! Definite skip for now, then.

GreenEyedAllie

thank you so much!! really appreciate it. and you're too cute :eek: I might pick it up later if it sticks around a little longer. it just got here anyway so :D it kinda looks like it adds a glow on the lips if that makes sense :D

Aw, thanks, and you're welcome! HTH

SleepingBeauty

So, my order finally arrived yesterday morning and I was able to play with my goodies. The bronzer is just pure love or - as many Youtubers like to say - I need this in my life. My Aphrodite's Shell from Alluring Aquatic won't last much longer, so I'm happy to have found a replacement. Bronzer and blush combined makes a great colour as well. :cloud9:
Only You is a nice everyday colour for me. It's nothing special but it's something I can slap on when I wear a more natural make up. Without Your Love... To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in it. My lips aren't very pigmented but the colour still doesn't show up very well. I wore it with Boldly Bare underneath and NYX Butter Gloss Creme Brulee on top but I'm not wowed - yet. Maybe my opinion will change but currently I'd rather swap it for a BU of Only You but we'll see...

B

BACK_TO_MAC

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of color in the ls. Sometimes the lustres are way too sheer.

montREALady

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of color in the ls. Sometimes the lustres are way too sheer.

I agree re lustres. They have to be my least favorite finish but because of Cinderella, BBW and MIB, I ended up with more than I ever needed, lol!

Latest posts