MAC X Ellie Goulding (Dec 14 / 17, 2015)

starletta8

A. I KNEW you'd get it!! And it's sooo great!

B. I'm glad you're loving it like me! I NEVER back up palettes, but strongly thinking about it for this one because I am wearing the heck out of it. Like you said, it's perfect for work and just looking pretty without anything super obvious going on.

Is the duo really different/worth it? To me it doesn't look like anything unique versus the corals and bronzers I already have.

Re: the duo... It's a rare gem for me in that it works. For comparison. Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer #00 Nude is my usual go-to because I'm that pale. I love that I can make it work as a bronzer, blush, or the two mixed together with a light hand. I've never run into a product that did that for me at my level of paleness.

I'm sure there are other products that people love that work better for their skintones, but this one happens to hit that sweet spot for me.

GreenEyedAllie

Re: the duo... It's a rare gem for me in that it works. For comparison. Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer #00 Nude is my usual go-to because I'm that pale. I love that I can make it work as a bronzer, blush, or the two mixed together with a light hand. I've never run into a product that did that for me at my level of paleness.

I'm sure there are other products that people love that work better for their skintones, but this one happens to hit that sweet spot for me.

Nice! I'm super pale also, so maybe I'll check it out after all. Do you enjoy the Guerlain? I've always been on the fence about trying that bad boy.

Icecaramellatte

Ok, I'm getting Nights. Still staying away from teh lippies.
Were there any dupes to the lippies?

. My MACMUA said he LOVED it on WOC.

Good to know. I searched for pics on WOC of this collection and found less than a handful. I'm a bit surprised. I thought some of these colors would work. I think this collection looks very spring to me.

GreenEyedAllie

My Explosion arrived today, and I LOVE it! So pretty and surprisingly long lasting. It also does plump my lips a little.

Like @starletta8, I'm very surprised and happy by how much I love everything I have in this collection.

starletta8

Nice! I'm super pale also, so maybe I'll check it out after all. Do you enjoy the Guerlain? I've always been on the fence about trying that bad boy.

I was a little nervous that it would be too dark, but it's perfect. Ellie being so light made this Casper-friendly.

Guerlain rocks- I just about have finished bronzer #1, after wearing it every single day. I have others that are pricey (Tom Ford) but still reach for Guerlain every day. The blush duo is the first bronzer I've picked up in almost a year!

SleepingBeauty

Man, I'm really anxious whether or not I'll get my order. I ordered the lipsticks about 10 minutes after the collection launched but I haven't got any tracking number yet while others who ordered at the same time have already got their items. The blush duo was (and still is, I think) in stock, so I ordered it a few hours after my first order but no tracking information on this one, either. I'd be so pissed if I won't get my products. :( It's not uncommon for the German MAC site to cancel orders without a notification.

NATlar

Man, I'm really anxious whether or not I'll get my order. I ordered the lipsticks about 10 minutes after the collection launched but I haven't got any tracking number yet while others who ordered at the same time have already got their items. The blush duo was (and still is, I think) in stock, so I ordered it a few hours after my first order but no tracking information on this one, either. I'd be so pissed if I won't get my products. :( It's not uncommon for the German MAC site to cancel orders without a notification.

You should've definitely had your orders by now :/ I'd give them a call if I was you and find out what's going on hope you do get your items hun!

SleepingBeauty

You should've definitely had your orders by now :/ I'd give them a call if I was you and find out what's going on hope you do get your items hun!

Thanks, NATlar! :eek: It launched on Wednesday over here, and apparently a few orders were shipped on that day. Friday was a holiday and MAC Germany doesn't ship on weekends, so it could be possible they'll ship it on Monday but I'm gonna call them to make sure (if there's someone working, it's Saturday after all and MAC Germany's consumer service is basically awful) or send them a mail.

iqaganda

WYL looks like a nice pink lippie.. Hmm... I wonder if I would love it when I receive mine in the mail... I honestly don't like cremesheens but there are some exceptions... Like Prepare For Pleasure... Raspberry Swirl... Outrageously Fun to name some...

starletta8

I don't need Revved or a BU of Halycon Nights, right?

Picked up the last of the 3 brushes with this collection today, and my Lustre Drops arrive tomorrow.

GreenEyedAllie

I don't need Revved or a BU of Halycon Nights, right?

Picked up the last of the 3 brushes with this collection today, and my Lustre Drops arrive tomorrow.

I am not the girl to ask because I am contemplating the same exact thing...and maybe a backup of Explosion...wearing Nights again today....haha!

Sounds like this one really worked for you and me. I'm surprised because I was not too wowed at first, but like you said earlier, everything is so pretty and understated (in a good way!) on me.

starletta8

I am not the girl to ask because I am contemplating the same exact thing...and maybe a backup of Explosion...wearing Nights again today....haha!

Sounds like this one really worked for you and me. I'm surprised because I was not too wowed at first, but like you said earlier, everything is so pretty and understated (in a good way!) on me.

LMAO!

I ended up picking up Revved, Without Your Love, And Days. Now it's just a BU of Nights (and a possible 2nd BU of Only You).

I felt the same way about the collection originally- meh. It's just awesome and easy to wear in reality. I think it has worked so well for me because I'm naturally super pale and a dark blond(ish)- lighter than the roots that Ellie appears to have in the collection's promo photo. If it works for her, it's going to work for me.

My final total ended up being: all 3 brushes, Halycon Days, Halycon Nights*, Lustre Drops, Revved PP, Only You*, Without Your Love, I'll Hold My Breath*, with the starred items either currently or planned BU'd. It has probably been 10 years since I bought that much of a single collection.

GreenEyedAllie

LMAO!

I ended up picking up Revved, Without Your Love, And Days. Now it's just a BU of Nights (and a possible 2nd BU of Only You).

I felt the same way about the collection originally- meh. It's just awesome and easy to wear in reality. I think it has worked so well for me because I'm naturally super pale and a dark blond(ish)- lighter than the roots that Ellie appears to have in the collection's promo photo. If it works for her, it's going to work for me.

My final total ended up being: all 3 brushes, Halycon Days, Halycon Nights*, Lustre Drops, Revved PP, Only You*, Without Your Love, I'll Hold My Breath*, with the starred items either currently or planned BU'd. It has probably been 10 years since I bought that much of a single collection.

I'm super pale, but with dark red hair, so I guess similar enough that it works.

What did you think of Revved? It is too similar to Only You?

Haviggi

The collection is finally out in ahlens city Stockholm so I picked the blush bronzer duo Only you lipstick lustre drops and Halcyon Nights since I read that everybody in the forum recommends it!

leonah

The collection is finally out in ahlens city Stockholm so I picked the blush bronzer duo Only you lipstick lustre drops and Halcyon Nights since I read that everybody in the forum recommends it!

they told me the collection would not be released until the 8th... damn I hope they still have lots of stuff left until tomorrow :(

is faerie whispers out too in Åhléns?

Last edited:

Honi

The scandi release dates are so weird atm. Nothing is up on the website that was supposed to be up LAST month, and the collections supposed to be up a few days ago are nowhere to be seen.

Haviggi

they told me the collection would not be released until the 8th... damn I hope they still have lots of stuff left until tomorrow :(

is faerie whispers out too in Åhléns?

Faerie Whispers will be out on Friday 8th according to the personal of Åhlens ! All these days i'm stalking to the website but nothing and i was really surprised when i saw the collection today in full display in Åhlens! I hope you will find everything you want :)

Last edited:

Haviggi

The scandi release dates are so weird atm. Nothing is up on the website that was supposed to be up LAST month, and the collections supposed to be up a few days ago are nowhere to be seen.
The funny thing is that they didnt say anything today about the Dita VonTeese lipstick! Only EG ,Fairie Whispers and the eyeliner campaign ! Could this mean that dVT lipstick won't be available to scandinavian mac ?

Honi

Faerie Whispers will be out on Friday 8th according to the personal of Åhlens ! All these days i'm stalking to the website but nothing and i was really surprised when i saw the collection today!! I hope you will find everything you want :)
It was supposed to release yesterday in-store though, again.. theyre screwing with the dates :D