MAC Select Program

BeautyFan55

I wrote MAC CS and asked if they could apply my orders from 1/17 and 1/28 to my account. I got the same speech about me being a valued customer and they’d make an exception. But they only gave me credit for the 1/28 order. The second would have put me in the second tier. I guess that’s why they didn’t give me that one. I don’t know if it’s worth pushing it to get the other $76 added. I could ask them about returning the items and see what they say.

Isabelle

Does anyone have any idea if this is coming to Europe? I'm in the UK and would kill for something like this! Although it would mean I didn't visit my counter any more :( it might even mean me going back to my old ways of spending on every single collection!

Fingers crossed we get it eventually ;)

Isabelle

ARmakeupjunkie

I got an email the other day that my email was forwarded to a supervisor but, I still have not heard anything back. Tomorrow I will take my 1/28 purchase to the Post Office to return to MAC. It's highly doubtful that I will repurchase anything from that order. After this cluster fuck, MAC and I need a break. A long break.

jennyap

I wrote MAC CS and asked if they could apply my orders from 1/17 and 1/28 to my account. I got the same speech about me being a valued customer and they’d make an exception. But they only gave me credit for the 1/28 order. The second would have put me in the second tier. I guess that’s why they didn’t give me that one. I don’t know if it’s worth pushing it to get the other $76 added. I could ask them about returning the items and see what they say.

I doubt it's that, because it won't put you into the second tier until next year anyway.

I appreciate that the inconsistency in how they are responding to different people is really poor customer service and I'd be pissed at that too, but I'd point out again that any purchases this year will be used to calculate your status for next year, so unless your January purchases would be the difference between two tiers by the time you get to the end of December, it really won't matter in the long run.

starletta8

I doubt it's that, because it won't put you into the second tier until next year anyway.

I appreciate that the inconsistency in how they are responding to different people is really poor customer service and I'd be pissed at that too, but I'd point out again that any purchases this year will be used to calculate your status for next year, so unless your January purchases would be the difference between two tiers by the time you get to the end of December, it really won't matter in the long run.

Actually, you're partially incorrect.

Yes, 2016 purchases qualify you for 2017.

However, the program is live and in year #1. Benefits associated with the tiers start in 2016, not 2017. So your spending counts double- it's like any other rewards program where you unlock benefits for a tier and keep that status through the next year.

It also matters now in terms of early access to collections.

And, respectfully, holding companies up to equality in their customer service does matter in the long run.

beauteblogueur

I emailed asking for my last purchase, made 3 days before they announced the program, to be counted. They said no, so I emailed back saying how disappointing that was and how it was very unfair to credit some people for past purchases and not others. That was a couple of days ago and I haven't heard back yet...

I don't understand why some of their own staff were saying past purchases would be added, and with enough detail re dates that it had to come from above (that is, they weren't just making vague assumptions). I got told 3 different things by MAC Chat. It's really not that hard to provide staff with correct information, or at least not provide them with blatantly incorrect information.

Most years I wouldn't mind too much because I'd spend $500 fairly quickly and easily, but this year nothing much from MAC is really catching my eye before the Chris Chang collection, and I'll be insanely pissed if that's a collection that people get early access to.

Last edited:

Miradan

Well, that just killed the MAC website. Have decided to spring for the So Select lipstick, but the site is having serious trouble.

Shars

Last edited:

BrittLuvsMakeup

Exclusive for all MAC Select members...

View attachment 52335

Thank you for posting this here! I received an email about it and purchased it immediately, lol. This is the first MAC order I've placed since I signed up for the program.

I bought it, let's hope I don't regret it. Fingers crossed it is actually dirty rose and not brown with the tiniest hint of pink.

I bought it as well and I'm hoping the same. It has the same color description as Whirl, which was more brown than rose. Fortunately, the girl in this video who already has it and is wearing it made a comparison between Whirl and So Select and she stated that it was more of a mauve, pink shade rather a brown mauve like Whirl. If I like the shade when it arrives, I hope that it is still in stock long enough for me to buy a backup since it's limited edition and I love these kinds of shades, even though it's not particularly unique.

[video=youtube;U74xzLUGXvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74xzLUGXvM[/video]

Latest posts