Guerlain discussion

Monsy

I can understand brands wanting to go "younger" . Look at even Lauder famous old lady brand they even hired one of the Kardashians - what does that tell you? It's all about social media stars, reality etc...
Also how much money goes to brands like too faced, anastasia, urban decay whose customers are mostly younger crowd? every brand would love that piece of cake even guerlain i am sure.

Medgal07

I can understand brands wanting to go "younger" . Look at even Lauder famous old lady brand they even hired one of the Kardashians - what does that tell you? It's all about social media stars, reality etc...
Also how much money goes to brands like too faced, anastasia, urban decay whose customers are mostly younger crowd? every brand would love that piece of cake even guerlain i am sure.
I agree---definitely a trend, and hotly sought after target market.

mkoparanova

I prefer EL's way - they hired Kendall, who is idolised by many young girls but is also successful in the fashion world today, and launched a lipstick with her signature. They didn't put smile in a weird font on their products, they didn't put plastic covers in every colour of the rainbow and more on their blushes... They stayed true to their brand. But that's just my opinion.

Medgal07

I prefer EL's way - they hired Kendall, who is idolised by many young girls but is also successful in the fashion world today, and launched a lipstick with her signature. They didn't put smile in a weird font on their products, they didn't put plastic covers in every colour of the rainbow and more on their blushes... They stayed true to their brand. But that's just my opinion.
Great points Maggie!!!!
thmbup.gif

awickedshape

I guess today's highschoolers have money for guerlain lol
  [COLOR=0000FF] Yeah---some do, via their parents.[/COLOR]
Lol not that I was into makeup but I think I only had one of these glosses in my late teens lol
7e41d15c_2015-11-0320.58.43.png
Guerlain who?
I can understand brands wanting to go "younger" . Look at even Lauder famous old lady brand they even hired one of the Kardashians - what does that tell you? It's all about social media stars, reality etc...  Also how much money goes to brands like too faced, anastasia, urban decay whose customers are mostly younger crowd? every brand would love that piece of cake even guerlain i am sure. 
I do think Kendall can have a classic, fresh-faced sort of beauty but the Kardashian/Jenner stigma can be off-putting. Would lile to see more diversity in the campaigns, myself.

mkoparanova

Oh! I thought it was a classic/ timeless beauty focus. Two different approaches from EL and D&G, hmm
I think so too. And classic Italian beauty, in particular. Half of their lipsticks are with Monica Bellucci's name on them and while she's not old, she's not a teen either.

OT, does anyone else have problems with Specktra today? I keep getting error 503.

awickedshape

I think so too. And classic Italian beauty, in particular. Half of their lipsticks are with Monica Bellucci's name on them and while she's not old, she's not a teen either.  OT, does anyone else have problems with Specktra today? I keep getting error 503.
Gorgeous MB :eyelove: I got the "Unhealthy Backends" errors today.

Anitacska

I think so too. And classic Italian beauty, in particular. Half of their lipsticks are with Monica Bellucci's name on them and while she's not old, she's not a teen either.

OT, does anyone else have problems with Specktra today? I keep getting error 503.

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

Gorgeous MB
eyelove.gif

I got the "Unhealthy Backends" errors today.
Yep me too. But it's working fine now.

As for Guerlain appealing to the younger audience, I don't mind that, or the plastic packaging. Most of their packaging has always been plastic anyway. Also, Estee Lauder's packaging is plastic too, is it not?

mkoparanova

Yep me too. But it's working fine now.

As for Guerlain appealing to the younger audience, I don't mind that, or the plastic packaging. Most of their packaging has always been plastic anyway. Also, Estee Lauder's packaging is plastic too, is it not?
I meant the silicon covers for the bronzers.

Now it's working fine for me too.

Kaidan

Well I thought youthful as in university students and young graduates... not highschoolers lol!

whistle.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by awickedshape

Lol not that I was into makeup but I think I only had one of these glosses in my late teens lol

Guerlain who?
I do think Kendall can have a classic, fresh-faced sort of beauty but the Kardashian/Jenner stigma can be off-putting.

Would lile to see more diversity in the campaigns, myself.
Lmao that picture speaks to me in so many levels. I remember having a bunch of those clear glosses from NYC Color back when I was in middle/high school.

awickedshape

Lmao that is so cheesy and borderline kitschy coming from a brand like Guerlain. I like the color duo and the red packaging though. I wonder if the Spring collection is called Smile or something like that. It looks like coral pink is the main color for the upcoming Spring collection.
whistle.gif
Lmao that picture speaks to me in so many levels.  I remember having a bunch of those clear glosses from NYC Color back when I was in middle/high school.
Lol! I think I had one and that was a luxury for me lol

Latest posts