Hourglass Cosmetics

pnfpn

Yes they're SOOO pigmented! I have to be so careful!! Today I hadn't realised I had overdone it and my mum quickly pointed out I looked red! Hahaa and that was with mood exposure!
Have you tried the contour thing with ME? I wear it all the time like that with Illamasqua Hussy, it's a beautiful combination. I've worn it all month so far.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yes, they are so pretty so it is a pity
crybaby.gif

I am not alone though, there are a few more bloggers who wrote about the same issue. At least this proves I am not that crazy lol.
I have to admit that the skin on my cheeks is not especially dry. I seem to suffer from "reverse combination skin". Mine's dry where most people's are oily and oily where most people's are dry. So the lasting power on me may be due to the fact that I have my own inherent moisture.

IHughes

Have you tried the contour thing with ME? I wear it all the time like that with Illamasqua Hussy, it's a beautiful combination. I've worn it all month so far.
Yes but it's quite warm and reddish on me, not neutral enough, it does look like a blush on me, I will try though!! Thanks for the suggestion!

pnfpn

Yes but it's quite warm and reddish on me, not neutral enough, it does look like a blush on me, I will try though!! Thanks for the suggestion!
On me it's a reddy coral but if you use a really light hand and use it as a subtle contour it's lovely!

LivN

This is so interesting to see how the wear time differs. I have normal to dry skin and they last at most 4 hours on me while Chanel/TF last all day (12 hours + ). I was wondering if someone else with dry skin can chime in and tell about her experience.

I think it may have to do with the finishing powder inside the blushes which doesn't suit to dry skin like mine but still investigating
blink.gif
My skin is dry and both Mood Exposure blush and Mood Light powder are very long lasting on me. I wore ME today, no fade out at all for more than 8 hours and it was still visible on my cheeks when I took it off 14 hours after the application. I'm impressed :) ML powder also has a great staying power, even without any foundation as a base. I don't use primers, just light foundations, BB creams or powder foundations.

sarabeautime

My skin is dry and both Mood Exposure blush and Mood Light powder are very long lasting on me. I wore ME today, no fade out at all for more than 8 hours and it was still visible on my cheeks when I took it off 14 hours after the application. I'm impressed :) ML powder also has a great staying power, even without any foundation as a base. I don't use primers, just light foundations, BB creams or powder foundations.
I was wondering, which brush are you using with them?

sarabeautime

With Mood Exposure I use MAC 187, and with Mood Light Real Techniques powder blush for all over the face application or MAC 168 if I'm using it as a highlighter :) 
Let me also try it with a stippling brush then. I use Suqqu cheek brush because others kick a lot of powder but that one is very soft so it might be the reason why it doesn't last. My other blushes though (dior, chanel etc.) work just fine with Suqqu.

LivN

Let me also try it with a stippling brush then. I use Suqqu cheek brush because others kick a lot of powder but that one is very soft so it might be the reason why it doesn't last. My other blushes though (dior, chanel etc.) work just fine with Suqqu.
It's worth trying! Though I personally don't find the brush makes a difference in lasting power. I just like 187 because the blush is so pigmented, it gives me a better control.

cakewannaminaj

I have heard so much about Hourglass Cosmetics. It is expensive but still next on my list to try. I want to know what all the fuss is about? Maybe it is a very good brand.

alexisweaver

I have heard so much about Hourglass Cosmetics. It is expensive but still next on my list to try. I want to know what all the fuss is about? Maybe it is a very good brand.
Yeah same here! I hear so much about this brand but know nothing!

I'll try and read through this thread to enlighten myself! =P

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hourglass don't have a huge collection, but the things that they do, they do very well. If you're looking for a starting point with them, I highly recommend their eye shadow duos for something with colour, or their primer, which does live up to the hype. They are on the pricey side, but they tend to have a larger quantity of product than a lot of other high end brands.

AutumnMoon

I know everyone is talking about the powders, but I have to throw a vote in for the lipsticks. The femme lipsticks are creamy and soft on. They last 4-5 hours on me while constantly drinking from a coke bottle. The liquid lipsticks are similar to Lime Crime Velvetines in staying power and matte-ness. They don't transfer and come in gorgeous colors. I'm a huge fan of this entire line.

Dolly Snow

Still haven't went to see the blushes in person. I keep promising myself that i will make time to go and always never stop in.

alexisweaver

Hourglass don't have a huge collection, but the things that they do, they do very well. If you're looking for a starting point with them, I highly recommend their eye shadow duos for something with colour, or their primer, which does live up to the hype. They are on the pricey side, but they tend to have a larger quantity of product than a lot of other high end brands.
Okay thank you! I think I will start with the shadows and work my way up from there.

elegant-one

The blushes are very soft/skin enhancing. They give a beautiful soft focus look to the skin. Very natural looking. They don't have a lot of the 'junk' in them that other powders have.

busybee

I bumped into this brand in Sephora today and I must say the liquid lipstick in icon was love at first swipe.

katred

Specktra Bestie
It's the shape of another palette, I wonder if powders or blushes...
I'm guessing blushes. This makes me inclined to hold off on buying more of the blushes until we know what's going to be in this. The last palette had two permanent and one limited shade and if this one is the same, it would be easier to pick up the permanent shades in palette form. If I get much more makeup, we're going to have to annex the flat next door.

Thinking about it, it wouldn't surprise me if it followed the exact same format as the Ambient Lighting Powder palette, which would mean

Dim Infusion
Radiant Magenta
+ one more

Maybe a blush version of Incandescent Light? That would be marvellous.

Latest posts