Hourglass Cosmetics

califabulous

I avoided this thread like the plague for weeks. Walked int sephora to return a naked gloss (scent was not for me too glossy) and what is staring at me as soon as I walk in? The HG blush display. Within a matter of seconds I narrowed in on mood exposure and to the register I went with a ysl shine (love) they're real mascara and a mattifying moisturizer in tow. I love it. I actually thought it was a brown shade. But it's plummy...? Looks amaze on natural or bronzer like. Sweet!

NaomiH

my mood exposure arrived like 1 hour ago and im not happy ;( on my cheeks looks coral u orange wtf
Oh that stinks! I'm sorry it isn't working out for you like you wanted it to. When I tried it on in store I couldn't even tell there was anything there. :/

califabulous

30c1d9e3_image.jpeg
Here's the mood exposure I picked up. Hmmm I didn't think about the blush vs powder ratio. This seems 50/50 I'm pretty happy with it. But of course now I'm wondering how much richer this shade could be with more blush #neversatisfied

Kaori

Here's the mood exposure I picked up. Hmmm I didn't think about the blush vs powder ratio. This seems 50/50 I'm pretty happy with it. But of course now I'm wondering how much richer this shade could be with more blush #neversatisfied
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjkV3rVt4Yc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWTPyeNeC3Mw_qdXdDNkhrw He says the blushes are all 50:50 ratio of blush to powder and if it's so then even if you get one with more blush showing now, as you go down the pan you will see less blush and more powder.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up my first of the blushes! I say first, because I know I'm going back for more. The one that I got was Ethereal Glow. Mine is over three-quarters blush with little veins of white. It still applies very softly, but builds up well without getting chalky. It's definitely a highlighter only for deeper skin tones, but I would warrant it would be a very pretty one. For such a soft colour, it seemed to last very well on my cheeks and I found that it did give the benefits of both a light pink blush and a cool white highlighter.

While I was at Sephora, I swatched Diffused Heat and Mood Exposure. I'm confident I'm returning for the former and I'm going to have to think about the latter. I didn't expect to like it very much, but it reads less brown than I feared. They didn't have testers of the other shades, unfortunately. Or fortunately, for my wallet.

IHughes

I have Diffused Heat and Mood Exposure and I'm loving both colours. They're very pigmented on me but they blend easily on the skin. Diffused Heat has a reddish tinge on me which is beautiful and Mood Exposure is warm on me and very natural looking. What I do find is that they don't last as long as the NARS blushes. I don't mind as I reapply at midday (I work a very long day so I do my makeup at 8 am and then retouch at 2 pm and then work until 8 pm so that's a long time for most makeup!!)

califabulous

i noticed this blush lasts all day for me. 8+ hours. I have worn it on bare skin (no foundation) and it seemed to wear faster. I have an oily skin type...

LivN

Thanks so much LivN for the tip about applying ML as a highlighter! I just purchased ML a few days ago and was set to return it as it indeed does look too glowy on my oily skin. I will try it as a highlighter instead.
Just wondering if you managed to make it work on you?
bouquet.gif

I've finally published a review with swatches today. I'm going back and forth with it, but I think I'm gonna swap it for a less illuminating shade at the end. I figured it's better to do so as I don't love it.

USCgirlie

Hi LivN! Thanks for checking in :). Unfortunately, ML was still a little bit too glowy/shiny on my oily skin, so I ended up returning it and purchasing Diffused Light to use all-over instead. Diffused Light is much more suitable on my oily skin and doesn't leave me looking too shiny like ML did! Great review on your blog btw!

USCgirlie

Thank you LivN!!

Adding to others' comments about the Hourglass blushes' wear time and longevity: these blushes work very well on my very oily skin. They last through an entire workday and more on me. I am a blush fanatic and these Hourglass blushes have become my favorite (for its wear time, texture, colors), so much so that I've neglected my Chanel blushes!
thmbup.gif

sarabeautime

Thank you LivN!!

Adding to others' comments about the Hourglass blushes' wear time and longevity: these blushes work very well on my very oily skin. They last through an entire workday and more on me. I am a blush fanatic and these Hourglass blushes have become my favorite (for its wear time, texture, colors), so much so that I've neglected my Chanel blushes!
thmbup.gif
This is so interesting to see how the wear time differs. I have normal to dry skin and they last at most 4 hours on me while Chanel/TF last all day (12 hours + ). I was wondering if someone else with dry skin can chime in and tell about her experience.

I think it may have to do with the finishing powder inside the blushes which doesn't suit to dry skin like mine but still investigating
blink.gif

USCgirlie

Sara, I read your blog and remember reading about the poor wear time on you! It's too bad that it doesn't last longer on your skin.
ssad.gif

sarabeautime

Sara, I read your blog and remember reading about the poor wear time on you! It's too bad that it doesn't last longer on your skin.
ssad.gif
Yes, they are so pretty so it is a pity
crybaby.gif

I am not alone though, there are a few more bloggers who wrote about the same issue. At least this proves I am not that crazy lol.

novocainedreams

This is so interesting to see how the wear time differs. I have normal to dry skin and they last at most 4 hours on me while Chanel/TF last all day (12 hours + ). I was wondering if someone else with dry skin can chime in and tell about her experience.

I think it may have to do with the finishing powder inside the blushes which doesn't suit to dry skin like mine but still investigating
blink.gif
That's too bad they don't last on you :-( I only have one, Diffused Heat and so far I love it and so far I have found they last a good 8+ hours on me. And I have pretty dry skin. I am a huge fan of the Ambient Powders as well, I use Diffused every day as a setting powder. My skin has never looked better. I am sorry they don't work on you. Just another confirmation that everyone's skin is SO different.
shrugs.gif

pnfpn

Yes, they are so pretty so it is a pity
crybaby.gif

I am not alone though, there are a few more bloggers who wrote about the same issue. At least this proves I am not that crazy lol.
Have you tried it over a cream blush for longevity?

My ME lasts about 8 hours before it starts to fade. It's also incredibly pigmented and I can easily overdo so I can't understand how some reviews I have seen call them sheer. The only way I get sheer application is if I treat it like an Illamasqua blush.

IHughes

Yes they're SOOO pigmented! I have to be so careful!! Today I hadn't realised I had overdone it and my mum quickly pointed out I looked red! Hahaa and that was with mood exposure!

Latest posts