MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

MissTT

Thank you, rabideloise. I went ahead and ordered 177 to see if it works. If not I'll return it and order a primer instead. I noticed I've gotten much more color this summer than I usually get which is strange b/c I've been using an SPF daily in my moisturizer which is new for me. I tan so easily though and it lasts for a really long time. It must have been from one good day out in the sun.

lilinah

I'm not sure there's a MUFE HD foundation color for me. I am fair and **neutral** - i am really between pink and yellow / cool and warm.

To test foundations, I take home samples from sephora because the lighting in there sucks so bad that testing in the shop only isn't good enough to tell how they really look on me.

It took me almost 2 years of testing nearly every foundation sephora carried to find one i liked and that wasn't too pink or too yellow. And now sephora doesn't carry it anymore, even on-line
th_drool.gif
So i took home samples of 117, 118, and 120. 117 was too yellow, 118 too dark, and, needless to say, 120 was way too dark.

The lighter shades are all described as leaning pink, which i don't. And i am not going to buy two foundations to blend them, it's just too expensive for me. However, i already have MUFE HD Color Correcting Primer in 2 (mauve), so i'll test rabideloise's recommendation and mix it with the 117 to see if that helps. Thanks for the great idea!

sadiebaby781

just started using this foundation and wasn't too sure about it, until i purchased the MAC 187 brush...now i LOVE this foundation. it looks so gorgeous and flawless!

rabideloise

I'm not sure there's a MUFE HD foundation color for me. I am fair and **neutral** - i am really between pink and yellow / cool and warm. To test foundations, I take home samples from sephora because the lighting in there sucks so bad that testing in the shop only isn't good enough to tell how they really look on me. It took me almost 2 years of testing nearly every foundation sephora carried to find one i liked and that wasn't too pink or too yellow. And now sephora doesn't carry it anymore, even on-line :drool:  So i took home samples of 117, 118, and 120. 117 was too yellow, 118 too dark, and, needless to say, 120 was way too dark. The lighter shades are all described as leaning pink, which i don't. And i am not going to buy two foundations to blend them, it's just too expensive for me. However, i already have MUFE HD Color Correcting Primer in 2 (mauve), so i'll test rabideloise's recommendation and mix it with the 117 to see if that helps. Thanks for the great idea!
Did mixing the primer into your foundation work for you?

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by rabideloise
Did mixing the primer into your foundation work for you?

Wow! I forgot all about this! Still haven't tried it yet, but now that i'm reminded...

busybee

i bought 177...initially it was ok...but when hours pass by..it made my face darker...i have a yellow undertone...any solutions for it?
I know this was posted ages ago, but I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't recall the color change happening when I first bought the HD foundation, but it definitely became an issue as the bottle got older, so I chucked it assuming the foundation expired/got stale.

Latest posts