MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

sillylilacs

Re: Please help with HD shade!

Temptalia has an amazing foundation matrix. Looking at NW25, other people have matched with 118, 127, 128.

Since that doesn't really narrow it down, if you goto Sephora's website here, they list out all the different shades and the description.

Like 118 Flesh is for light skin with beige undertones. Or 127 Dark Sand is for medium skin with yellow undertones. Or 128 Almond is for medium skin with beige undertones.

If it is possible though, always goto a counter and check out the shades yourself and ask a MUA to help you find a shade. I don't know how things work in Italy >.<

Happy buying! =)

Shadowy Lady

I wear NW25 in studio fix fluid and MUFE HD 118 is my perfect match. MUFE 118 actually matches me much better than studio fix fluid. My skintone is light and neutral leaning slightly cool.

127 and 128 are both too dark on me even with a summer tan where i get to about NW30.

HTH

Misoxx

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

The foundation is a really nice foundation, and it covered acne scars and evens skin tone, however it kinda went gloopy after a while, and it has a slightly sticky and heavy feeling on the face. I wouldn't buy again, but it was nice to try.

keim

For reference I am 128 in MUFE HD and a mac SA matched me as a nc35-37 but I've never purchased a foundation from mac. I love MUFE HD...before I was applying it too heavily and it looked cakey on me but now I apply it with a lighter hand and I love the way it looks especially in photos. My other foundations have SPF so I always get that white cast in photos but with this foundation I don't. I finally purchased a full size this week.

I would describe it as medium coverage not full at all. I'm used to light coverage foundations so for me this is enough. I do have hyperpigmentation and redness and it does the job. I don't like the heavy feeling of full coverage foundation.

Mabelle

My Hd looked so bad on me today!! i was having the worst luck with foundation...
1st i used the temptu on myself, and it was weird on my nose...
So i took it off, and then i used the HD, and it was just kind of sitting on top of my skin in this weird way. I usually LOVE the hd. I even set it, and i touched my face at one point, and it came off. Sooooo anoying.

shontay07108

My skin has been acting up so bad this summer. After using face and body (by mufe) for the longest, I reached for my hd b/c I wanted more coverage and it was horrible. It was cakey and patchy. However, I moisturize before foundation (naturally) and I miz a small amount in with my hd on the back of my hand. It also helps to build in layers instead of starting out with a glob of it on your face. Hopefully, Winter will get me back on track.

karester

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
Hello everyone! Can you help please? I'd like to know which shade of Mufe HD foundation I should get. I'm NW20 in Mac Studio Fix Fluid, NW25 in Studio Fix, NW20 in Studio Sculpt, NW25 in Select, Medium in Studio Tint.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Iluvmac
mac_addict.gif
but becoming a MUFE fan!

I am NW20 in both Studio Sculpt and the new Prolongwear, and with MUFE, I am 115.

MoGiselle

MUFE HD foundation

is mufe hd foundation just that good?? I been hearing such wonderful things about the products but i dont want to dish out 40 bucks for nothing. right now my favorite foundation is MAC select spf 15 foundation. which is light to medium cover and i have oily skin. would you recommend it to me ?

lilkay2nv

YES! it is all the hype. i've used mac pro longwear, mac studio fix, and mac studio sculpt but my all time fav that i often reach for is mufe. it doesnt feel as heavy the coverage is great and the best part is, it photographs amazingly. if anything get a sample from sephora, try it out and see if u like it

nez_o

MUFE HD how long does a bottle last you?

I was just wondering how long a bottle last you? I've had mine since February, and use it a couple times a week, now I need another!

bell21

it'll vary depending on how much a person uses/how much coverage the need. I'd guess mine lasts me anywhere from 6-9 months, on average I use it 5x's a week.

gobayram

i really like it. the color range is huge so you are sure to find something that works for you. im nw15 and use HD 115 i have oily skin but it definitely works for me i apply with a damp beauty blender for a flawless finish and cover
smiles.gif

nkaujyi

i don't wear it on a daily basis (probably 3x a week) and my bottle has lasted me a year and 3 months. it's only now starting to make those noises like the pump can't get any more product out..lol now that it's winter and my complexion is not as dark as my summer tone, it's a great time to go and buy another bottle!

nez_o

Maybe I'm just using too much. I usually do 2 1/2 pumps, which I didn't think was a lot.

Ejka

Besides the coverage, the application technique is another thing that can make a huge difference regarding the usage. I need 1 pump when I apply foundation with my fingers, whereas I need 2-3 pumps when I put it on with MAC's 180 buffer brush - the coverage being roughly the same. I guess brushes, sponges etc. can soak up a fair amount of product.

mrslid

Will HD 110 work for me? F&B 38 is a good match. I'm a fairly neutral Nw10-15 (not sure since I've never found a MAC match). Thanks!

Shadowy Lady

I absoluletely adore the MUFE HD foundation. The wear is good and it photographs amazingly. I have combination skin and it works great for me. However, I've heard ppl with oily skin having difficulties with it. I would recommend MUFE mat velvet for your skin type :) It's the best foundation for oily skin in the market IMO

Miss QQ

I recently bought the foundation in 117 and I'm still trying it out. The colour is a good match! Do you ladies finish with a dusting of loose powder all over or the foundation is good on it's own?

User38

msqqq.. I have that foundation in the exact same shade... I do use a loose powder over it as where I live it is hot most of the time.

It works well for me in my summer skin..lol

Miss QQ

Thanks HG! It's hot and humid here too so I usually top off liquid foundation with Chanel loose powder. However I find the HD foundation more dry and harder to spread the powder all over with a brush. I've only tried it once though. Is it easier to powder with a puff? Maybe I'll try that.