MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

l1onqueen

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I wear MAC SFF NC45 as well I have been wearing MUFE HD for a week now and it is hot as hell here., sweating like a mugggg...and I have experienced non of the oxidation I normally get from some of the MAC foundations. It does not go Terracotta on me.

What shade do you wear in HD, Tish?

KYBankerGirl

I've been lurking and now I'm de-lurking as this thread has caused spontaneous retail therapy.

Stopped by Sephora after work today and picked it up. I'm NW15 and was matched to 115. We'll see how it goes in the morning.
winkiss.gif

stephhh.

I recently bought this foundation with high expectations but I was quite dissapointed with the outcome...I had many problems with the application of the foundation as well. My skin tends to very dry (without moisturizer), but throughout the day it tends to get oily and i also tend to break out. When i applied this foundation, it did not go on smoothly - even with primer, instead it became really blotchy and my skin began to look flaky. But as the day wore on, it started to look better and the flakiness went away (Maybe because my skin gets oiler throughout the day?) I really do like how this foundation lasts long - even through rainy weather, and I would like to give it another chance. My only real problem is the initial application... Any suggestions? Should I just return it and try another foundation?

alka1

well, I've finally decided that shade 123 is a bit too light for my skintone. It's a great neutral shade, but just a tad too light. I've been thinking of getting shade 128 (which was a great match, but was a little too dark) and mixing them together.

I'm not exactly happy about having to buy two shades.. but if it means i'll get a perfect match then I guess it'll be worth it. Anybody here have to buy two shades to custom blend their own color? The foundation isn't exactly cheap at $40 so i'm still not sure if I'm willing to take the plunge and buy two different colors.

Winthrop44

I'm going to try mixing 110 and 117 from samples and see what happens. 117 is too dark and possibly too yellow for me. 110 is lighter but super pink.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
well, I've finally decided that shade 123 is a bit too light for my skintone. It's a great neutral shade, but just a tad too light. I've been thinking of getting shade 128 (which was a great match, but was a little too dark) and mixing them together.

I'm not exactly happy about having to buy two shades.. but if it means i'll get a perfect match then I guess it'll be worth it. Anybody here have to buy two shades to custom blend their own color? The foundation isn't exactly cheap at $40 so i'm still not sure if I'm willing to take the plunge and buy two different colors.

Have you tried the Face & Body...I find the colors are a lot more forgiving since it is a bit more sheer

The Next Best Thing to Going Shopping Yourself: Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Face and Body Foundation

The Next Best Thing to Going Shopping Yourself: Make Up For Ever Face & Body cross-referencing

alka1

Winthrop44

^^ You can call the NYC MUFE store for samples (212-941-9337) so at least you'll know if you like your mixture before spending $80.

Claire84

I'm using it in 120 at the moment and, while I love it, it's not quite dark and yellow enough right now. It's not HUGELY noticeable, but I don't really like walking around with my body being a more dark golden shade and my face looking a little pale in comparison (I just want to match up!). Also, adding bronzer doesn't work completely as it's not adding a more yellow shade, just darkening my face. I'm in the UK so I think we can only get shades ending in 0 and 5, so any ideas on what foundation I could maybe mix in with my 120 to get it more to my liking? I was thinking of getting hold of a sample of 140 and adding a small amount of it to the 120, but I could be barking up the wrong tree. Also I can't see the shades in person as MUFE isn't available in Northern Ireland, so I'm just going off all the online swatches that people here have kindly posted.

Thanks in advice for any help!
smiles.gif

esperanza0905

which mufe hd do u reccomend?
I'm revlon cs natural beige and I want yellow undertone.
Revlon cs Early Tan is one tone too darko for me.
PLS help!

kathyp

Yay! I finally got to try this today. I tested 110, 115 and 117. 117 was far too yellow (I'm an NW15 leaning to the "W" side), so I asked for a sample of 110 and 115.

Sorry for the bad cell phone pic:
3736596932_92b625a9ab.jpg

(l-r: 110, 115)

Both look florid on my icky white hands, but both blended well on my face. I couldn't tell much of a difference except that the 115 was a little more neutral. I'm slightly favoring it over the 110. (I have a lot of red in my face, but I prefer a neutral foundation.)

Disappointingly, what I really wanted to check out, their Face & Body in 36 and 38, wasn't there. The lightest shade they had was, I think, 20 and it was a little too dark for me.

tarnii

The more I hear about this foundation the more I want to try it. Now just have to find out if/where it is available in Australia. Time for more research...oh well I guess the housework will just have to wait.

kathyp

Last night after I posted that, I did half my face in 115 and half in 110 to compare the two. I'm pretty sure 115 is my shade, though 110 just makes my face look brighter, rather than lighter as a too light foundation normally would. (It would probably be a good winter color.) 115 makes me look like I'm wearing no makeup at all -- which is a good thing.

I'm not completely sold, though. The formula's a bit dry. I have really dry skin with the fine, dry lines so many of us in our mid-thirties start noticing, and even on well-moisturized skin it was a little matte for my taste.

Superkaz

So no joke, I have been reading every single post in this thread.

I have not found anyone who is a NW40 in studio sculpt.
Any recommendations? Pretty please....

User38

I use the 117 but mix it with Chanel Blanc (a discontinued product..sigh) and it works well. I love it for the summer as it gives me nice sheer coverage
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

in case anyone is interested, I went and got matched for HD foundation in 118 this weekend. I wear SFF in NW25/30 and SS in NW25 for reference. I tried the 123 too but that one is a bit too yellow for me. I got my sample and so far I likey! I think I will g back and get a full size jar
smiles.gif