MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

Shadowy Lady

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynchester76
i was nw30 & matched to mufehd 145! i have stopped tanning and am now nw20 & match mufehd 125 if it helps anyone!!!!

Thanks
smiles.gif
i was just gonna post in the recommendation thread but I saw this post. I'm an NW30 as well

amyzon

WOW. I've been using my sample of 117 for about a week now and I'm so blown away. I now realize the shade I was using in F&B was FAR too dark for my skin tone. 117 melts right into my skin and looks sooo natural, and I can really build it up for more coverage where I want it.
-I definitely prefer to apply it with my CS 187 dupe rather than a sponge (which was my preference with F&B).
-The finish is between a dewy and a matte. It's PERFECT. Today I didn't want to look matte because I've been so dry, so I amped up the moisturizer and didn't set with any powder after foundation, and it has looked perfectly moisturized and glowy all day long. It's one of the few foundations I've used that doesn't feel sticky when it's not set with powder, which is very nice. VERY long lasting.
-Great texture - feels very soft on my skin after applying.
-It has not made me breakout, and this is a HUGE selling point for me!

I will be purchasing next paycheck.
greengrin.gif

blindpassion

girls I need help matching a shade!!!

My mom uses MAC Face and Body in N2.

Does anyone know what she would be in HD? Im thinking 118,

115 and 120 did not work, 125 was too dark.

blindpassion

Yea I was thinking 118, I was just hoping someone who was N2 knew their match in MUFE HD

jackie100

I just bought the HD foundation and it's great but i had a question about the jar... Is it possible to actually screw it open? I sorta tried and couldn't get it open. I may be weird but I actually like using the bottle on the old f&b foundation, I don't really like the pump. I am used to swirling my brush around the bottle and doing it that way, I don't like having to swirl it around on my hand...

Also once the bottle is almost gone I would like to get the last bit out and it's hard to do it with a pump... Does the bottle unscrew? I didn't try it with much force because I don't want to break it... Is there a way to unscrew it?

macosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100
I just bought the HD foundation and it's great but i had a question about the jar... Is it possible to actually screw it open? I sorta tried and couldn't get it open. I may be weird but I actually like using the bottle on the old f&b foundation, I don't really like the pump. I am used to swirling my brush around the bottle and doing it that way, I don't like having to swirl it around on my hand...

Also once the bottle is almost gone I would like to get the last bit out and it's hard to do it with a pump... Does the bottle unscrew? I didn't try it with much force because I don't want to break it... Is there a way to unscrew it?

yes the bottle does unscrew just keep trying.

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by macosophy
yes the bottle does unscrew just keep trying.

Thanks! I tried with all my might but can't unscrew it. I'll have to ask my stronger friend to come over and do it for me... lol

blindpassion

Focus on the pump part, not the whole black cap. The pump part comes off with a quick turn and pull. But I dont think the entire black cap surrounding comes off.

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Focus on the pump part, not the whole black cap. The pump part comes off with a quick turn and pull. But I dont think the entire black cap surrounding comes off.

Thank u ... i got it to unscrew by screwing the top of the black cap, not the bottom...

simplyenchantin

Hi everyone! I'm from Australia so it's not so simple for me to go get a colour match in person.. I'm NW20 in Studio Fix fluid and powder.. I actually got my hands on Mat Velvet + samples in #20 and 25, they both seemed slightly too light for me, maybe almost too "pale pink". I'm still confused about these pink/yellow/beige undertones thing.. My veins don't look blue OR green, they're kind of dark teal I guess so they could be blue or green haha. Also, I'm pale in winter but in summer I tan really well, I don't burn.. I have brown hair and hazel eyes so I'm just not sure.

I've read people who are NW20 saying they use 115 AND 125 in HD so I'm even more confused about what colour to go for.

Help anyone?! I'd really appreciate it!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Hi everyone! I'm from Australia so it's not so simple for me to go get a colour match in person.. I'm NW20 in Studio Fix fluid and powder.. I actually got my hands on Mat Velvet + samples in #20 and 25, they both seemed slightly too light for me, maybe almost too "pale pink". I'm still confused about these pink/yellow/beige undertones thing.. My veins don't look blue OR green, they're kind of dark teal I guess so they could be blue or green haha. Also, I'm pale in winter but in summer I tan really well, I don't burn.. I have brown hair and hazel eyes so I'm just not sure.

I've read people who are NW20 saying they use 115 AND 125 in HD so I'm even more confused about what colour to go for.

Def the 115. It is a pink undertone and light enough for NW20. The 118 is a bit darker and more neutral. I'm NW20 and I use the 115 unless I am using a bit of self-tanner,then I mix some 118 with it.

HeatherAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin

I'm NW20 in mac & 118 in MUFE... I have very nuetral undertomes

EmilyIsElectric

I bought this foundation when I was in America last month, because it's really hard to get hold of in England.
I got matched to 117 which is perfect for me, however when I try to apply this foundation it somehow manages to look really cakey and noticable, even though my skin is oily, but at the same time hardly provides any coverage :[
My friend bought the foundation too, and it looks absolutely flawless on her.

I always cleanse, tone and moisturise before applying it and have tried it with and without primer, using a stippling brush, and using a regular foundation brush.

I was just wondering if any of you had this same problem and if you have any tips on how I might get this to work for me?

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyIsElectric
I bought this foundation when I was in America last month, because it's really hard to get hold of in England.
I got matched to 117 which is perfect for me, however when I try to apply this foundation it somehow manages to look really cakey and noticable, even though my skin is oily, but at the same time hardly provides any coverage :[
My friend bought the foundation too, and it looks absolutely flawless on her.

I always cleanse, tone and moisturise before applying it and have tried it with and without primer, using a stippling brush, and using a regular foundation brush.

I was just wondering if any of you had this same problem and if you have any tips on how I might get this to work for me?

Hun I'm going to quote something I posted earlier in this thread for you.

Quote:
I find this foundation is very much what you make it to be. It's all in how you apply it.

This foundation makes my skin HD perfect and I wanted to let you guys know the steps I use to apply it. If you would like, maybe I'll even do a video on it.

Step 1:
Apply a primer of your choice. I use MUFEs green primer. I would use their primers because they are light and go on like a moisturizer, and don't ball up on your skin.

Step 2: Use MAC's MATTE or MUFE's ALL MAT, and put that on top of pimples, wrinkles, general imperfections that you would like to smooth out. I use it mostly on the top of my cheeks where my pores are very big, the MAC matte fills them and then the foundation doesn't sink in and make them more noticeable.

Step 3: Let the primers sit for five minutes or so, they will take to your skin better this way.

Step 4: Take your foundation brush. Either 187 or 109 (which I use), and put a squirt of foundation on your brush. Start at one area, say your left cheek, and dab the foundation all over your cheek, but sparingly. Then begin to lightly dab, spread out, and rub in the foundation with your brush. Repeat this step in different areas of your face until its covered. You don't need to put it anywhere above your the very tops of your cheeks, thats what your eye concealer is for. If you apply too much in that area it will look cakey when you put your concealer on. Don't forget to get the sides of your nostrils which most people forget.

Step 5: Conceal. I use Cliniques All About Eyes Concealer, dab it on with the wand and then leave it for 30 seconds to warm up to your skin, then take a brush (I use the 252) to spread
smiles.gif
If your concealer and foundations are the right color for you, the two will have no trouble meshing together and it will look just like one not two products.

Step 6: Spray Fix +. (This is optional, or you can do it after the powder. I prefer it before the powder... it gives a more flawless look)

Step 7: Let your face dry - which should only take a minute or so.

Step 8: Take a light fluffy face brush, I use MAC's 136, open your HD powder and put a very small amount of product in the lid. Swirl the brush in the cap, and apply very lightly on your face, do not press or buff, just lightly sweep the brush over your face. You will see the foundation matte-ify with even a very small amount of powder.

Step 9: Blush, highlight, etc.

It doesn't take as long as it looks, It was just important that I explain in detail because I think this foundation is very much what you make it.

EmilyIsElectric

Thankyou :]
I've realised that I definately dont leave much time for my primer to set before I apply my foundation, so this might be the problem.
I'll try it out your way tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

evilrose

has anyone finished the bottle yet? i was wondering how ppl got to the bottom part of the foundation where the pump doesn't really work to get all the product out.

DownInAHole

Hello ladies! I have a few questions about this foundation. I have owned it for over a month now, and I have a such a hard time applying it. I have acne and very dry spotsall over my face, so when I apply it, it looks very dry and cakes together in those places, including my forehead (inherited wrinkles...ugh, I am only 22!). I use moisturizer and primer, but it does not seem to do the trick. Any ideas? Also, I use my Mac 188 to apply and I do not rush through it. I really need help b/c I plan on using this foundation in my wedding, but I definitely do not want those wrinkles and dry spots showing up. Agh!!!! Well, thank you all for your time.
smiles.gif

DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWhite
How can I get a sample of this to try?

You can go to any Sephora store and tell them you'd like a sample of the foundation. They will fix you up a free sample just like that. They will even help you find a macth if you are not sure what # foundation you are.
greengrin.gif