MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

Deolinda

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Does anyone know the equivalent for MUFE HD Foundation to MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC25?

I'm NC 25 in the Mineralize satinfinish, and just got the 118 in MUFE. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I'll never go back.

blindpassion

I find this foundation is very much what you make it to be. It's all in how you apply it.

This foundation makes my skin HD perfect and I wanted to let you guys know the steps I use to apply it. If you would like, maybe I'll even do a video on it.

Step 1:
Apply a primer of your choice. I use MUFEs green primer. I would use their primers because they are light and go on like a moisturizer, and don't ball up on your skin.

Step 2: Use MAC's MATTE or MUFE's ALL MAT, and put that on top of pimples, wrinkles, general imperfections that you would like to smooth out. I use it mostly on the top of my cheeks where my pores are very big, the MAC matte fills them and then the foundation doesn't sink in and make them more noticeable.

Step 3: Let the primers sit for five minutes or so, they will take to your skin better this way.

Step 4: Take your foundation brush. Either 187 or 109 (which I use), and put a squirt of foundation on your brush. Start at one area, say your left cheek, and dab the foundation all over your cheek, but sparingly. Then begin to lightly dab, spread out, and rub in the foundation with your brush. Repeat this step in different areas of your face until its covered. You don't need to put it anywhere above your the very tops of your cheeks, thats what your eye concealer is for. If you apply too much in that area it will look cakey when you put your concealer on. Don't forget to get the sides of your nostrils which most people forget.

Step 5: Conceal. I use Cliniques All About Eyes Concealer, dab it on with the wand and then leave it for 30 seconds to warm up to your skin, then take a brush (I use the 252) to spread
smiles.gif
If your concealer and foundations are the right color for you, the two will have no trouble meshing together and it will look just like one not two products.

Step 6: Spray Fix +. (This is optional, or you can do it after the powder. I prefer it before the powder... it gives a more flawless look)

Step 7: Let your face dry - which should only take a minute or so.

Step 8: Take a light fluffy face brush, I use MAC's 136, open your HD powder and put a very small amount of product in the lid. Swirl the brush in the cap, and apply very lightly on your face, do not press or buff, just lightly sweep the brush over your face. You will see the foundation matte-ify with even a very small amount of powder.

Step 9: Blush, highlight, etc.

It doesn't take as long as it looks, It was just important that I explain in detail because I think this foundation is very much what you make it.

SweetSweetIrony

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I find this foundation is very much what you make it to be. It's all in how you apply it.

This foundation makes my skin HD perfect and I wanted to let you guys know the steps I use to apply it. If you would like, maybe I'll even do a video on it.

Step 1: Apply a primer of your choice. I use MUFEs green primer. I would use their primers because they are light and go on like a moisturizer, and don't ball up on your skin.

Step 2: Use MAC's MATTE or MUFE's ALL MAT, and put that on top of pimples, wrinkles, general imperfections that you would like to smooth out. I use it mostly on the top of my cheeks where my pores are very big, the MAC matte fills them and then the foundation doesn't sink in and make them more noticeable.

Step 3: Let the primers sit for five minutes or so, they will take to your skin better this way.

Step 4: Take your foundation brush. Either 187 or 109 (which I use), and put a squirt of foundation on your brush. Start at one area, say your left cheek, and dab the foundation all over your cheek, but sparingly. Then begin to lightly dab, spread out, and rub in the foundation with your brush. Repeat this step in different areas of your face until its covered. You don't need to put it anywhere above your the very tops of your cheeks, thats what your eye concealer is for. If you apply too much in that area it will look cakey when you put your concealer on. Don't forget to get the sides of your nostrils which most people forget.

Step 5: Conceal. I use Cliniques All About Eyes Concealer, dab it on with the wand and then leave it for 30 seconds to warm up to your skin, then take a brush (I use the 252) to spread
smiles.gif
If your concealer and foundations are the right color for you, the two will have no trouble meshing together and it will look just like one not two products.

Step 6: Spray Fix +. (This is optional, or you can do it after the powder. I prefer it before the powder... it gives a more flawless look)

Step 8: Take a light fluffy face brush, I use MAC's 136, open your HD powder and put a very small amount of product in the lid. Swirl the brush in the cap, and apply very lightly on your face, do not press or buff, just lightly sweep the brush over your face. You will see the foundation matte-ify with even a very small amount of powder.

It doesn't take as long as it looks, It was just important that I explain in detail because I think this foundation is very much what you make it.

You should make a video.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony
You should make a video.

I agree.. I would love to see a video. Thanks for posting these tips! I bought this foundation today and I am SO excited to try it. I want tomorrow to come quicker (and I don't normally say that when I have to work the next day
tong.gif
)

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deolinda
I'm NC 25 in the Mineralize satinfinish, and just got the 118 in MUFE. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I'll never go back.

Wouldn't 118 be for pink undertones (NW's)?
th_confused_new.gif

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Wouldn't 118 be for pink undertones (NW's)?
th_confused_new.gif

118's description says beige undertones (no pink or yellow, specifically).

And it's BEIGE!

lukinamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynchester76
what r u in Mac when ur tan (I know u try not to tan anymore lol)--but I remember something once me & u were like the same when I didn't tan (nw15-nw20) so figured would be the same when u did tan lol WHATEVER--I am nw 25-nw30 mosta the time & trying to decide between the MUFE 135-140...hmm whatcha think?

have you find your MUFE foundation color?I am nw30 and I need help to choose right color for me.Since there is no MUFE in my country I have to order it online.pls help me
winkiss.gif

Septemba

I received some samples of MUFE HD on Monday and I was very impressed! My shade is 110, and I found that I only needed the tiniest bit on my face to cover. It feels silky and smooth on. It looked natural but it was also really buildable.

I'm recovering from a reactive breakout and I found that it sort of clung to dry spots, etc. But you're pretty much going to get that with any foundation, right?

Will a primer stop it from clinging to dry spots like that?

Anyway I still love it and will purchase a full size!

ETA: Thanks to Specktra and everyone who rec'd it! I would never have tried it otherwise.

leenybeeny

I am NC40 and #140 .. 135 was VERY pink and 140 is yellowy (which is me!)

As for the dryness.. yes, even with primer I can still see my dry spots, but I get that with any foundation that gives me decent coverage. If I don't want my dry spots to show I have to use a very light coverage foundation which is not what I need. So, I use an AHA cream to keep the flakies away.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I received some samples of MUFE HD on Monday and I was very impressed! My shade is 110, and I found that I only needed the tiniest bit on my face to cover. It feels silky and smooth on. It looked natural but it was also really buildable.

I'm recovering from a reactive breakout and I found that it sort of clung to dry spots, etc. But you're pretty much going to get that with any foundation, right?

Will a primer stop it from clinging to dry spots like that?

Anyway I still love it and will purchase a full size!

ETA: Thanks to Specktra and everyone who rec'd it! I would never have tried it otherwise.

I would make sure to moisturize any dry spots before applying your primer (which I would use) and I would also use MAC's MATTE or MUFE's All Mat, it smooths out imperfections and helps the foundation glide over them instead of accentuating them. Look up a few posts, I put a detailed guide to how I apply this foundation.

Girl about town

In case anyone wants to know i am MAC nc25 and the mufe hd foundation shade that is perfect for me is 120 , its got yellow undertones.

Septemba

I posted this in the Porcelain Beauties thread (hate to be a cross-poster but I thought I should throw it in the dedicated thread!), I'm 110 in MUFE HD, I was wondering what fellow 110s are in other foundies?

l1onqueen

I went into Sephora today to get matched. The MUA came up with #170 (I'm an NC45 in SFF). I was a slightly leery at first since it looked orange to me. She applied a primer, but I didn't catch which one, the 170 and then the finishing powder. I liked it. Not in love, but only because I think she used WAY too much! I don't have a seamless look, in fact it looks a little cakey, well maybe not cakey, lets just say you can tell I have on foundation. I asked her about oily skin and she assured me that it would still hold up. Its only been 2.5 hours and I've had to use my blot powder already. I think I will still pick up a bottle, I can see this product has potential!

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
I went into Sephora today to get matched. The MUA came up with #170. I was a slightly leery at first since it looked orange to me. She applied a primer, but I didn't catch which one, the 170 and then the finishing powder. I liked it. Not in love, but only because I think she used WAY too much! I don't have a seamless look. I asked her about oily skin and she assured me that it would still hold up. Its only been 2.5 hours and I've had to use my blot powder already. I think I will still pick up a bottle, I can see this product has potential!

I have played around with the coverage and found I need only half a pump from the bottle to do my own face. The MA at the counter said a pump is good, but I felt cakey when I wore that much. I am now using half and my 187 brush to apply. A little goes *such* a long way.

joojoobss

when i use this, it makes my skin look dry, the foundation doesnt go on smoothly, when i look closely in my vanity mirror, it looks so uneven.. not like blotchy just like when you have really really dry skin and you put on makeup. i know i dont have dry skin, because this never happened with my other foundations...
the first time i tried it was a sample.. and i thought it was just the sample.. maybe i gotten too dry or something, but i bought a new bottle and im still having the same problem..
I'm using my 183 brush to buff it on, because thats the same brush i use with all my liquid foundation.

has anyone else had this problem before? ??!!!!??

ive been hearing sooo many fabulous reviews and so im wondering why im not getting the same results. :- [

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobss
when i use this, it makes my skin look dry, the foundation doesnt go on smoothly, when i look closely in my vanity mirror, it looks so uneven.. not like blotchy just like when you have really really dry skin and you put on makeup. i know i dont have dry skin, because this never happened with my other foundations...
the first time i tried it was a sample.. and i thought it was just the sample.. maybe i gotten too dry or something, but i bought a new bottle and im still having the same problem..
I'm using my 183 brush to buff it on, because thats the same brush i use with all my liquid foundation.

has anyone else had this problem before? ??!!!!??

ive been hearing sooo many fabulous reviews and so im wondering why im not getting the same results. :- [

Heres some questions for you love, I might be able to figure out why its not working for you.

1: What skin type do you have?
2: Do you moisterize before your foundation?
3: Are you using a primer? - if so, which one?
4: Are you cleaning your foundation brush on a regular (ie. once a week) basis, and if so, which brush cleaner are you using?
5: Are you applying in a well lighted area, with natural light or light from lamps?

If you can answer me those questions I may be able to help you figure out the best way to use this foundation
smiles.gif

joojoobss

Quote:
Heres some questions for you love, I might be able to figure out why its not working for you.

1: What skin type do you have?
2: Do you moisterize before your foundation?
3: Are you using a primer? - if so, which one?
4: Are you cleaning your foundation brush on a regular (ie. once a week) basis, and if so, which brush cleaner are you using?
5: Are you applying in a well lighted area, with natural light or light from lamps?

If you can answer me those questions I may be able to help you figure out the best way to use this foundation
smiles.gif

you are so sweet! <3

1. i have combination skin, i have my oily days, and then i get dry days..
2. i moisturize soo much before my foundation, today when i used the mufe HD foundation i used 3 different moisturizer. 1. clean and clear acne moisturizer, 2. philosophy purity 3. MAC studio moisture fix. and i exfoliated !!! (i know it sounds crazy..)
3. i also used a primer. i used the smashbox hybrid primer... its basically the regular smashbox primer with a luminizor in it and you mix it together.
4. i do clean my brush, ive been pretty good about it.
5. i do my makeup in front of my vanity, which has a spot light. and my vanity mirror also has a built in light.

i just found it quite strange because i did my makeup yesterday with my regular stuff and i didnt have this dryness problem.,, (i usually use 2 pumps studio fix and 1 pump giorgio armani luminous foundation.)
so today after i put on my foundation, it looked so dry, but when i use my finger to smooth it away.. it looked better.

btw, ive also tried my 187 brush, gives the same results. (ive read through the thread and it seems like people like using the 187 brush for this)

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobss
you are so sweet! <3

1. i have combination skin, i have my oily days, and then i get dry days..
2. i moisturize soo much before my foundation, today when i used the mufe HD foundation i used 3 different moisturizer. 1. clean and clear acne moisturizer, 2. philosophy purity 3. MAC studio moisture fix. and i exfoliated !!! (i know it sounds crazy..)

Its good that you take your skin care seriously. If I were you I would use a light cleanser everyday and an exfoliator only a few times a week. If you are applying more then one moisterizer your skin has the ability to become way too oily, try to find one that works well for your skin and stick to it. Remember, a little moisterizer goes a long way.
Quote:
3. i also used a primer. i used the smashbox hybrid primer... its basically the regular smashbox primer with a luminizor in it and you mix it together.

Thats good, Smashbox makes great primers. If I were you I would check out MAC Matte or MUFE All Mat, its like a gel that you can apply over any problem areas (dry spots, zits, etc), and it helps your foundation glide on very smoothly. Its like Smashbox photofinish primer, except better! In my opinion, of course.
Quote:
4. i do clean my brush, ive been pretty good about it.

Awesome, I find that a dirty brush will make foundation application very tough. Before you use it (inbetween cleanings) make sure to wipe any excess foundation off on a rag or a paper towel, this will clean up your brush a bit and prepair it for the new foundation.
Quote:
5. i do my makeup in front of my vanity, which has a spot light. and my vanity mirror also has a built in light.

Perfect, make sure to walk over to a mirror and check out your face atleast once while you're applying foundation, this will help you figure out where you need more or less.

Quote:
i just found it quite strange because i did my makeup yesterday with my regular stuff and i didnt have this dryness problem.,, (i usually use 2 pumps studio fix and 1 pump giorgio armani luminous foundation.)
so today after i put on my foundation, it looked so dry, but when i use my finger to smooth it away.. it looked better.

btw, ive also tried my 187 brush, gives the same results. (ive read through the thread and it seems like people like using the 187 brush for this)

The 187 is a great brush. I personally use the 109 because I like a stronger coverage, the 187 can tend to put things on slightly lighter then I like them. But the 187 is great.

Also, what powder are you using to set this foundation?
smiles.gif

I also posted this at the top of the page - these are my steps for putting on this foundation.
Quote:

Step 1:
Apply a primer of your choice. I use MUFEs green primer. I would use their primers because they are light and go on like a moisturizer, and don't ball up on your skin.

smiles.gif

alka1

I actually had the same problem as joojoobss. I couldn't get the foundation to look right - it would stick to dry spots and wouldn't blend properly. This was after moisturizing, exfoliating, and using a primer.

I was about ready to give up until I tried spraying Fix+ on my skin first. Then I applied the HD foundation over the Fix+ once my skin was moist, not wet. It went on smoothly and didn't catch any dry spots.

I also found that using a little plastic dish helps a lot (like the ones that come with the MSF powders.) I pour one pump of foundation, then gently tap the brush over it to make sure that the bristles get an even coating of color. It works great
smiles.gif

Latest posts