MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

blindpassion

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
You are such a sweetheart!

I got my HD foundation and powder today and 117 looked amazing when I swatched a little more on my skin than before when I was colormatched at Sephora. It gave my skin this awesome look. I really wanted to a do a full face application, but it's late and I already had my Studio Fix on from earlier. I compared the MUFE HD 117 to my Studio Fix NW20 and although the shades do look sorta similar, there is something less fake looking about the MUFE shade. It doesn't seem as heavy on my skin than Studio Fix. It seems a little thinner to me. Maybe that's just me, but just my 2 cents
winks.gif

Not to sound like a total ninny, but since I also got the HD powder, I was wondering, should I wait until I apply my foundation and the rest of my face makeup (MSFs, cheek colors, bronzer, etc.) before I do a light dusting of this? Should I spray Fix+ on my skin to set my makeup after I apply the powder?

I know, questions, questions!
smiles.gif

Its so weird you'd ask that, tonight when I put it on I was experimenting with different ways of applying it -
heres the two Ive found to work the best.

apply the liquid foundation - I use the 109 brush, best brush ever! but 187 works too.
then spray fix +,
then take a big fluffy brush (150 or 136) and swirl it in the cap of the HD powder
then dust it on your face, then blush, contour, highlight, etc.
but if you're using a mineralized blush you can apply fix + right after blush and powder, mineralized blush really stands out after fix +.

So, to simplify haha.
I either do one of these three -

foundation
fix +
powder
blush
highlight

-

foundation
powder
fix +
blush
highlight

-

foundation
powder
blush
fix+
highlight
smiles.gif

Just play around with it and see what you like best.
I really liked the look of the fix + before powder, it gave a great dewy look after I applied the powder
smiles.gif

ambicion6

I ordered the MUFE Mat Velvet with the FF sale at sephora and am patiently waiting for it to arrive!!!

I currently have the MAC Satinfinish but find that my face after like 2 hrs looks just shiny but in a bad way not in a dewy flawless way, probably bc 1) houston is humid like an armpit and 2) i have combo/oily skin.

When my new foundation does arrive, do I need a primer? or can i just apply and set with powder? if I need a primer, what kind do I need? I've never use face primer before!

alka1

I usually apply the HD powder right after the foundation to set it. The HD powder helps the other products that follow (blush, highlighter, bronzer,etc) go on a lot smoother.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambicion6
I ordered the MUFE Mat Velvet with the FF sale at sephora and am patiently waiting for it to arrive!!!

I currently have the MAC Satinfinish but find that my face after like 2 hrs looks just shiny but in a bad way not in a dewy flawless way, probably bc 1) houston is humid like an armpit and 2) i have combo/oily skin.

When my new foundation does arrive, do I need a primer? or can i just apply and set with powder? if I need a primer, what kind do I need? I've never use face primer before!

Id suggest one, I find it helps the foundation go on much better.

I use the green mufe HD primer and MAC Matte to smooth out my skin.

Although Im a big fan of those primers, there are lots of good ones
Mac has a great one, Smashbox has a great one (very popular), MUFE has quite a few good HD ones
smiles.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Unfortunately I have super oily skin so you would suggest the mat velvet+ foundation?
In mac (concealer only) I am nw15 and in BB foundation warm ivory.
Which mat velvet shade would you guys suggest?
I am thinking about N15 alabaster
th_dunno.gif

Still thinking about the right foundation.
SOS.gif
ssad.gif

Is N15 the lightest mat velvet+ shade and would it work for ~nw15?

MACnRHO1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
There are so many shades. I haven't got a clue which one would suite me. I'm usually an NC50.

Can you return it if you buy the wrong shade?

I'm NC50/NW45 and I sampled 178 and 180 in the HD foundation. Alone the 178 matches me to a "T", so I ended up buying that shade. But I think in the summer when my skin gets a little darker, I will need to mix a tiny bit of the 180 with my 178.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicbabe627
I just ordered my full-sized bottle of 117.
smiles.gif
Yay, I can't wait to get it!

Thats the color I use! its amaaazing
smiles.gif
youll love it!

amourbliss

I ended up going to Sephora 2 weeks ago and picked up a sample (only after my devilish dog ruined my NW55 Studio Fix Stick) in 185 and it's amazing. I'd never worn liquid foundation before and it was so easy and blended right in to my skin...so flawless!! I'm def. going to get a full size this week!!

CellyCell

I got 2 samples of the foundation (they wouldn't let me sample the powder because it's powder/jar/whatever, pfft)

I'm NC45 in MAC and the SA swatched MUFE #155 on me, I thought that looked light on me but indoor lighting made it look like a perfect match. So I picked a color I assumed from the beginning that I was, #173, just in case and it was a perfect match in natural lighting/photographs.

So... NC45 = #173
I am a paler during the winter which makes me an NC44 as well.

I find it good but not great stuff. I still haven't used it on a daily basis and mostly go for my Revlon Colorstay Concealer anyways.

Lilaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi
I'm about an NC35 and I use #127. I have yellow undertones and this is perfect for me. =)

Yup same here. I love this foundation! <3

alka1

does anybody here use shade #123. If so, what shade are you in MAC's foundations?

I'm NC30-35. I've already tried 127, 128, 140, 153. I was hoping #123 would be the one for me.

Darkness

I'd love to try this but MUFE is only available via mail order here in the UK. I wanna try before I buy though
ssad.gif

They have a store in London at 6 Goldhawk Mews, London W12 1PA. Telephone 020 8740 6788. I had a look at there website awhile ago to check if they had a shop over here. I think they used to be in South Molton St. However, I've posted this link so you can have a look.

Stores and resellers MAKE UP FOR EVER PROFESSIONAL over the world

MAC_Whore

I have been using this a lot lately.

I prime with MUFE HE Primer in Green. I am an NW20-23, so I mix MUFE HD foundation in 118 Flesh with 115 Ivory and loveit. I apply it at the center of my face with the MAC #189 brush and then work it out towards the edges with a MAC #129.

Then I tap a bit of MAC MSF Natural in Light Med over my cheeks (for extra coverage) and blend/buff in MUFE HD over the rest of the face.

Good stuff.
smiles.gif

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I'd love to try this but MUFE is only available via mail order here in the UK. I wanna try before I buy though
ssad.gif

Are there any colour comparisons for shades? I wanna know what shade to get (I'm MAC NC40)...

So what is it that makes this foundation good for HD purposes? i.e. ingredients?

Try the Sephora MUFE Foundation Finder at Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance and select "Makeup Forever" under brands. Their foundation selecter actually has pictures of women wearing each shade.

I am a MAC NC25 and wear MUFE HD 120.

Hope this helps.

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
ssad.gif

Are there any colour comparisons for shades? I wanna know what shade to get (I'm MAC NC40)...

So what is it that makes this foundation good for HD purposes? i.e. ingredients?

Try the Sephora MUFE Foundation Finder at Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance and select "Makeup Forever" under brands. Their foundation selecter actually has pictures of women wearing each shade.

I am a MAC NC25 and wear MUFE HD 120.

Hope this helps.

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEmma
Ooohh... I want this! Shame we don't have MUFE in the UK. My brother is going to NYC next week and I might ask him to get me this.

I'm NC25 and have MV+ in 30 porcelain. I can't work out if I have olive, yellow or beige undertones though. I think I might be olive or yellow, when I've tried beige family shades from EM I have looked ashy.

I am NC25 and I wear MUFE HD 120. Good luck!!

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicbabe627
If you think it's humid in Raleigh, you should try living on the coast! Lol. I live about 10 minutes away from the beach, so it's extremely humid and can get hot here. The foundation still lasts all day for me. I definitely say try it.
yes.gif

I definitely agree with that! I set mine with MUFE HD Powder, and this foundation has survived South India during Monsoon Season!

thmbup.gif

Latest posts