MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

summer6310

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

They have so many color ranges and I got totally confused when I was trying them on at my Sephora
ssad.gif
Can anyone suggest a color? I am around NC35-40. Thanks!

glossygirl

i love this foundation, though i'm not convinced that it's that much better than their face and body foundation.

cyndi

I'm about an NC35 and I use #127. I have yellow undertones and this is perfect for me. =)

MsC03

Whew! Read this whole thread...!

Just wanted to say, I'm NC-30 and I wear HD 120.

Blushbaby

There are so many shades. I haven't got a clue which one would suite me. I'm usually an NC50.

Can you return it if you buy the wrong shade?

Miss Lore

I got My MUFE HD and concealer pallet yesterday!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

both items are worth the money,

Im nw45 and i got the 175 and the palette in no4

so happy

LatinaRose

I have to say, I wasn't that impressed when I tried my sample. I used it with All Mat underneath. It didn't cover as well as I'd hoped and did not last very long on me. I will give it another go and see if I can make it work for me. I also felt like the color was a bit off, she gave me 158.

NicksWifey

I was colormatched at Sephora for this foundation a couple of weeks ago: 115, 117, 118. The MA and I were both torn between the 115-117, but because my skin has more yellow undertones, I decided to try the 117. I ordered that along with the HD powder from Sephora over the weekend and can't wait to get it!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I was colormatched at Sephora for this foundation a couple of weeks ago: 115, 117, 118. The MA and I were both torn between the 115-117, but because my skin has more yellow undertones, I decided to try the 117. I ordered that along with the HD powder from Sephora over the weekend and can't wait to get it!

Girl i'm 117
smiles.gif

If you have yellow undertones then this is definitely the foundation for you.
You've definitely gone down many foundation shades since you stopped tanning, but I think its great, you look beautiful with your natural skin.
smiles.gif

kblakes

I do not care for this foundation at all. I do not have a shade match. 110 is too pale and 115 is too dark. Also the foundation seems to exaggerate my pores. I'm definitely glad I tried a sample first.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
There are so many shades. I haven't got a clue which one would suite me. I'm usually an NC50.

Can you return it if you buy the wrong shade?

You can exchange it if its the wrong shade; when I wore MAC NC50 looked best on me, and i'm trying HD177. I was using 175 but it was orangey on me.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
You can exchange it if its the wrong shade; when I wore MAC NC50 looked best on me, and i'm trying HD177. I was using 175 but it was orangey on me.

Thanks dear. I think I'll wait til I'm in NY next mth so I can be matched in person.

joey444

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
They have so many color ranges and I got totally confused when I was trying them on at my Sephora
ssad.gif

I'm NC35 and I wear #120. #118 was too light and made me look pale and #123 was too orangey for me (it's better for olive undertones). Since I have yellow undertones, #120 is perfect!

joey444

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I have to say, I wasn't that impressed when I tried my sample. I used it with All Mat underneath. It didn't cover as well as I'd hoped and did not last very long on me. I will give it another go and see if I can make it work for me. I also felt like the color was a bit off, she gave me 158.

Quite honestly, I don't like that All Mat primer AT ALL. It actually made me oily in less than an hour. I use the Smashbox Photofinish Primer and it works 100 times better with this foundation.

MacAtFirstSight

i got my MUFE HD foundation and concealer palette yesterday.
I tried them on and I gotta say that they really are worth buying.
The foundation is very lightweight. even more so than my mineral foundation i've been using before. It feels like i have nothing on but has enough coverage to make my face look flawless.
greengrin.gif

you can definitely build up on it to gauge how much coverage you want.
I got my perfect match and it looks like i have nothing on.
greengrin.gif
this is definitely going to replace my mineral foundations.
greengrin.gif

also for the concealer palette. worth the money, seriously.
comes with 5 different shades.
I'm yellowish tan skin with olive undertones [asian] and I got the palette #1.
This palette contains green, salmon and three other beige colors ranging from fair-light-yellowish beige... i can cover up anything to everything with this palette and has a lot of color payoff so you don't have to use a lot of it to conceal.

I'm seriously falling in love with MUFE.
greengrin.gif

my next purchase will be the HD powder
tong.gif

nursee81

i'm an nc 40-42, i use 153. i love it. i am going to try the conselor pallet.

airplane_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
ssad.gif

I'm NC40 and I use the 140 .

airplane_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose

I was not impressed either when I tried it in the store. They give you the sponges to try it on so maybe thats the difference. I bought it anyway determined to make it work and used the 187. Now I see a huge difference.

capmorlovesmac

Unfortunately I have super oily skin so you would suggest the mat velvet+ foundation?
In mac (concealer only) I am nw15 and in BB foundation warm ivory.
Which mat velvet shade would you guys suggest?
I am thinking about N15 alabaster
th_dunno.gif

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Girl i'm 117
smiles.gif

If you have yellow undertones then this is definitely the foundation for you.
You've definitely gone down many foundation shades since you stopped tanning, but I think its great, you look beautiful with your natural skin.
smiles.gif

You are such a sweetheart!

I got my HD foundation and powder today and 117 looked amazing when I swatched a little more on my skin than before when I was colormatched at Sephora. It gave my skin this awesome look. I really wanted to a do a full face application, but it's late and I already had my Studio Fix on from earlier. I compared the MUFE HD 117 to my Studio Fix NW20 and although the shades do look sorta similar, there is something less fake looking about the MUFE shade. It doesn't seem as heavy on my skin than Studio Fix. It seems a little thinner to me. Maybe that's just me, but just my 2 cents
winks.gif

Not to sound like a total ninny, but since I also got the HD powder, I was wondering, should I wait until I apply my foundation and the rest of my face makeup (MSFs, cheek colors, bronzer, etc.) before I do a light dusting of this? Should I spray Fix+ on my skin to set my makeup after I apply the powder?

I know, questions, questions!
smiles.gif

Latest posts